• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for those Czechoslovak icons, Cegorach! :)

Where can I get the latest version of your pack for vanilla (I use it on AoD) and do you recommend to copy it over the standard SKIF pack?

There is no later version yet.

I am going to prepare it and release it as a part of my Polish Improvement Pack (modding section of AoD subforum).

However at this moment I am still collecting resources for images for Poland so it won't be ready for a while.

The best option available right now is to download the hotfix (link above) and adjust icons made for CORE. Some dates will not be too accurate and some icons will become useless (there are models in CORE), but that is still better than nothing.

One thing I hate about vanilla is this poor selection of models which means I have to remove even 1/3 of icons...:mad:

SKIFF team,

Can you make the skin icons of the airforce of Russian Empire & German Empire with these two roundels? thank you !

The Iron cross for is the German Empire
120px-Cross-Pattee-Heraldry.png

and this one is for the Russian Empire
120px-Imperial_Russian_Aviation_Rou.png

just need some explaining on this one, this si a graphics pack right? which is set up not as one big file but as several due to updates right? would these graphics packs work on Arsenal of Democracy or just HoI2? where am i suppose to download these graphics from and are there any i should avoid from using ie problematic packs?

from what iv seen of this pack its a great graphics pack of which if i manage to get i will enjoy hell of alot. thanks for any reply to the above questions. if any of those have been answered already forgive me you can either answer again or just point me in the right direction to where i can grab the answer.

thanks again

just need some explaining on this one, this si a graphics pack right? which is set up not as one big file but as several due to updates right? would these graphics packs work on Arsenal of Democracy or just HoI2? where am i suppose to download these graphics from and are there any i should avoid from using ie problematic packs?

from what iv seen of this pack its a great graphics pack of which if i manage to get i will enjoy hell of alot. thanks for any reply to the above questions. if any of those have been answered already forgive me you can either answer again or just point me in the right direction to where i can grab the answer.

thanks again

I don't have AoD, so I can't answer that. But based on the screenshots of the game, I would say that they should work.

Here's the link to downloading the icons:
http://hoi2icon.prv.pl/

Just click on the "download" tab which will take you to the page of downloads. Download the latest version of the main pack, and then the updates. I've had no problems with them. Also, check around this forum, people are always adding to the Skiff icons.

Have fun!

is everything outside the main pack updates to the main pack? seems kinda of a dumb question but just making sure i dont get duplicates of this and that. might cause some kind of graphic bug.

Last edited:
is everything outside the main pack updates to the main pack? seems kinda of a dumb questin but just making sure i dont get duplicates of this and that. might cause some kind of graphic bug.

hmm...there may be some duplicates but I doubt it. But it won't pose a problem, just let the computer overwrite the files. If you stick to the one's only created by skiff, and updated on this thread only, then you won't have any problems at all.

It's works for AoD, but there are several models that will not have the icons (Late Infantry, and the Heavy Submarines). There are also others that never got the icons in the first place.

I just made some new airplane icons for CORE (AoD). You might be interested in some of them.

Sorry, for now at least, there is no pack for 'vanilla', but with some time you should be able to use them in your regular games.

See the thread - dowload link in the last post.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474901

It's been ages... Just dropped in to express respect to Cegorach for his involvement and keeping this project alive. Great job on your icons! It's nice to see SKIF somehow lives on as a part of many other projects. Myself I've got no strength and time to carry it on. I guess I'm a victim of "this will never be completed" syndrome :eek:o I'd like to have all icons made or none. But after so many years I'm aware making separate sets for at least majority of countries - with the same level of quality and accuracy - is simply impossible for anyone having a family, a job ect.

It's been ages... Just dropped in to express respect to Cegorach for his involvement and keeping this project alive. Great job on your icons!

Almost only airplane icons which are relatively simple to prepare, so it wasn't such a big effort. Besides some of those icons are quite bad.

It's nice to see SKIF somehow lives on as a part of many other projects. Myself I've got no strength and time to carry it on. I guess I'm a victim of "this will never be completed" syndrome :eek:o

Fortunetelly I never had this problem - only icons from images I liked so all my sets are incomplete. ;)

I'd like to have all icons made or none. But after so many years I'm aware making separate sets for at least majority of countries - with the same level of quality and accuracy - is simply impossible for anyone having a family, a job ect.

Tell me about it. :cool:

Fortunatelly wireless web access is easy to obtain, paint and some other tools are for free - helps killing time during long breaks in work or while travelling.

I am cataloging my aircraft icon sets which also include a number of original SKIFF icons.

Still they are a good source for countries and aircraft types not covered by SKIFF.

Example - Bulgarian icons

bulgaria.jpg

Hungarian

wegry.jpg

The icons are prepared for CORE mod so some work with them might be necessary if you need icons for vanilla or other mods, but I am quite proud of some results.

More examples and download links in my AoD thread - link in the signature

Hi. I'm trying to do some models like SKIF for Mod34, can someone plz give me some pointers where i get pictures (backgrounds or some of soldiers in uniforms for the foreground.. anything) of infantry/tanks etc. that i could use?

Last edited:
Could someone please give me a link to a download link what actually is the whole full pack? I tried that site where all of them are supposed to be but they are obsolete. I do not wish to go step by step through all of the 97 pages of this topic. I would actually appreciate the link in a peronal message because I can't know how many pages will be filled here until my next visit that could be in 30 minutes or in a week...

I need the whole pack for Hoi2 DD