• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a template for these icons? I'd like to give a crack at making some for the Cold War techtree extension project. Any instructions on making them or tips? Thanks.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but SKIF Icon uses secret icon making receipe. I try making SKIF icon for a year or more but somehow never get really same style. I guess I just get used to it. :)

Would it be possible to extend icons to the year 1963 (1964?)? I am mainly asking this because of the Cold War Tech Tree Extension Mod.

Any news regarding Romanian and Finnish Airforce?

Any news regarding Romanian and Finnish Airforce?

I just tried to do the PZL P.11c airplane for Romania, thoughts?

rommodel130.png

I coloured a Romanian plane, but now I gotta do schoolwork and then I will probably forget about it so maybe one of you people can do something good with it. :p

romanianfighter.png

I'm amazed it just took 50 minutes. It's the IAR-80 if you are interested, here is the original:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:IAR-80.jpg

1) GLOSTER Gladiator Mk.1/2

2) BRISTOL Blenheim MK.I/Mk.IV

3) FAIREY Battle Mk.1

4) BLOCH 151G "Grec"

1) Gloster Gladiator = gre_model_13_0

2) Bristol Blenheim Mk. I/Mk. IV = gre_model_15_0 & gre_model_15_1

3) Fairey Battle Mk. I = gre_model_17_0

4) Bloch 151 G "Grec" (original designation Block MB.150) = gre_model_12_0

That's how I figured anyway. Had to also convert them all to .bmp (16 or 24 colours works fine) to make them to work. Same thing with the Romanian (rom_model_13_0) icon in a bit earlier post.

I've just begun to work on Finnish stuff :)

Finally!

Will the icons be true to the in-game model names or will they represent more realistic, actually used aircraft (like the B-239, which isn't in HoI2 for some reason)?

The B-239 will be the third INT model (after Gloster Gladiator and Fokker D.XXI)

Isn't Gloster Gladiator a bit too young to be Int I? Wouldn't Bristol Bulldog be more appropriate?

After I had written that I checked the models file and saw paradox had used Glost. Glad. as int lvl I for Finland. For Sweden it's Fighter lvl I.... :/

Isn't Gloster Gladiator a bit too young to be Int I? Wouldn't Bristol Bulldog be more appropriate?

After I had written that I checked the models file and saw paradox had used Glost. Glad. as int lvl I for Finland. For Sweden it's Fighter lvl I.... :/

AFAIK Gladiators were in greater numbers and also achieved more success than Bristol Bulldogs. So yes, it should remain as INT I.

EDIT: Roughly translated from Wikipedia: "Usage in the Winter War

In the Winter War, the Gladiators served in the 26th air squadron, which flew over 600 flights and scored 34 victories with the plane type. Friendly losses were high; 6 pilots and 13 planes, of which 11 in air combat. The 12th and 14th air squadrons also received a few Gladiators and with them flew a total of 101 war flights, gaining 3 air victories and losing one plane along with the pilot."

In the Continuation War they were already so outclassed that they were only used for recoinnassance for a short period, before probably going as training fighters.

EDIT2: I checked a bit of info up on the Bristol Bulldog. It seems that it was used since 1934-35, where as the first Gladiators arrived during the Winter War in 1940 (of which many, to my understanding, were flown by Swedish volunteer pilots in Lapland). Thus I suppose it would indeed be more appropriate to make the lvl 1 INT for Finland a Bristol Bulldog, despite the fact that they were in lesser numbers, achieved far less success and were eventually converted to training aircraft during the war in February.

I just like it keep the icons true to the original names of the models. Also, there's the problem that if we replace the Gladiator with the Bulldog, then we'll have to take the Gladiator completely out, because the Fokker D.21 can't go. It was the mainstay fighter of Finland's Air Force in the Winter War, after all. And after that comes the B-239...

Well, your choice.

Last edited: