• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Possible glitch

screensave3zo2.png

Not exactly game breaking, but it would seem that in the sunk ships section, it will use the icons of the country you are, rather than the real icon for the ship.

EDIT: Also, are you still planning on uploading all the old icons?

MingeBag said:
Possible glitch

screensave3zo2.png

Not exactly game breaking, but it would seem that in the sunk ships section, it will use the icons of the country you are, rather than the real icon for the ship.

EDIT: Also, are you still planning on uploading all the old icons?
Can anybody confirm this?

I'll test it later.

@MingeBag: What kind of auxiliary icons are you using?

This seems to be a general problem with the game engine - you get to see the correct pics for both your fleet *and* the enemie's during battles, but - as posted -the list of ships sunk always shows the icons of your own side for all enemy ships you sent to the bottom.

I think it's not from SKIF.

Edit: just guessing, but maybe it's different once we have more country-specific sets?

Also:

US Navy will be ready soon, along with some additions/changes for the Royal Navy :)

MingeBag said:
He-Man: Not my screenshot, so I dunno, I saw the picture in the "Awesome Screenshots" thread in the Doomsday forum.

Okay.

BeBro said:
US Navy will be ready soon, along with some additions/changes for the Royal Navy :)

Very good news! :D

Thx bebro.

BeBro,

Good to see you here helping out with Skif and Kristoff :cool:

Any comments about all of these Infantry Sprites that are on the forum these days? Good? bad?

Thanks,
Scott

He-Man said:
Can anybody confirm this?

I'll test it later.

@MingeBag: What kind of auxiliary icons are you using?
That is my picture if anyone is interested

EDIT:2 oh, problem is solved, sory

And, I'm using BeBros interferace where those aux. pics came,

EDIT: and why is there green in that one carrier's picture?

Pharm said:
BeBro,

Good to see you here helping out with Skif and Kristoff :cool:

Any comments about all of these Infantry Sprites that are on the forum these days? Good? bad?

Thanks,
Scott

I've seen some converted from Civ3 by Halibut. I haven't tested them in DD so I can't say much. Since they weren't for Hoi2/DD originally I dunno if they fit well to the other units or if they were resized during the conversion and how the animations come across now etc.... I still use P'dox vanilla inf guys.

stabsoffizier said:
Moddir is broken since DD 1.0
It worked perfectly in DD 1.3a. It always worked on singleplayer, never on multiplayer.

Anyway, awesome icons, as always! :D

Certainly. I just sent the full USN icon set away, plus updates for the RN. Shouldn't be too long before its put online for dl :)

Meanwhile, here's another little appetizer:

Some of the USN icons are also done by Shadow 86, for example the US sub in the pic above.

Last edited:
BeBro said:
Certainly. I just sent the full USN icon set away, plus updates for the RN. Shouldn't be too long before its put online for dl :)

Some of the USN icons are also done by Shadow 86, for example the US sub in the pic above.

OOOH MY GOD!! These exceeded anything I could expect. The icons are simply GREAAT!!

One question, was the BB firing kept? That one was very good. It´s fantastic like the different navies are having their "ethos" portrayed so well in the sets.
If we forget the "New-set-syndrome-effect" and remember the fantastic IJN setfor instance, we see that if one compares both sets IJN and USN they both portray something of the "essence" of each navy. Congratulations for a work so well done. Thank for sharing it with us. :)

Last edited:
BeBro said:

:rofl:

Very nice. Very!

Aki Mackensen said:
OOOH MY GOD!! These exceeded anything I could expect. The icons are simply GREAAT!!

One question, was the BB firing kept? That one was very good.

Yes :) I moved it into the SHBB slot. "Normal" BB 5 is now South Dakota Class, BB 6 is Iowa class which makes more sense given their dates of launch/commission. There will also be a part of a US models list you can paste into your own file "models" in the config subfolder to reflect those changes.

There are no generic pics for the USN anymore, and there are some less for the updated RN. That otoh means some of the later types aren't really historic anymore since - as mentioned before - some types (like nuclear BBs) simply did not exist. But there are historic types used where they were available (for US you can easily have all 10 CVs with historic models example)