• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Indeed, I would not want to be in Danish shoes.

actually I planned to write an update this weekend, but I hurt my right fingers yersterday, playing football as goalkeeper. So writing goes very slow with only the left hand...

So I will have to suspend the update till next week

Iche_Bins said:
actually I planned to write an update this weekend, but I hurt my right fingers yersterday, playing football as goalkeeper. So writing goes very slow with only the left hand...

So I will have to suspend the update till next week

:( no update....

but I hope your hand heals okay, and doesn't get gangrene.
take your time with the update

Really a great AAR. I am playing Brandenburg myself at the moment, but not as an early Germany, more a moderate uniting Germany and spreading protestatism game. I never though it would be possible to force convert Austria, but after I read this AAR I just done it. :D Thank you!

Grundius, Duke and stynlan: before I answere three times with the same scentence lets do this in one ;)
"they never stood a chance" ;)

Battle Bunny: Who needs luck when he has the German army behind him? ;)

rcduggan: Thanks, but its nothing serious, just a painful contusion of three of my fingers.

Dark Scipio: I'm glad I could help :D
But why just spread a little protestantism if you could do it big times ;)

Part thirtythree

After the war Emperor Georg wanted to deal with his untrusty ally Denmark. A war wasn’t an Option though, as Denmark was in Germany’s alliance, a Vassal and gave millitary access to Germany. To declare war against Denmark would cause a unbelievable unrest in Germany. So it had to be done peaceful.
Unfortunatly Sweden intervened when it came clear what Germany planed. It looked like Georg would never get rid of Denmark, when a bright idea came to his mind.

denmark3lj9.jpg

Roughly a year later Germany could invite Tuscany into its alliance.

tuscany1630uu2.jpg

For the next years Germany concentrated on building up its colonial empire and soon grew to the largest colonial power in North America.
In 1632, after a long and very successfull millitary career, Pappenheim resigned from services and lived the rest of his long life as governor of Carolina.

pappenheim1632el8.jpg

Luckily a able successor, Sachse-Lauenburg was found. He was not as good as Pappenheim, but still his skills were very impressive.

pappenheim16322ti1.jpg

Whither now Caesar?

And they were put to a good use at once, when he beat some Prussian rebells with ease.

sachselauenburgek0.jpg

Five months later news reached Berlin that many of the conversions in Italy failed. Istria, Emilia, Lyonnaise and Piemonte rebelled, while only Provence succeeded.
The Ottoman Empire, the only nation which was not at war with Germany in the last “round” of wars, misjudged the situation in Germany as weakness and declared war.

war1633up4.jpg

It seemed that Saches-Lauenburg would be able to put his skills to a real test earlier than expected.

One or two notes:
I don't know how often I will be able to update when my Collectors Edition EUIII arrives... I hope it will not be to much time between my updates ;)
Oh, and I hope you don't mind I put my own event in...

BTW, regarding EUIII, gameplay.co.uk is shipping on second feb, as according to the official paradox dates. One thing :

Is your empire on the brink of collapse, so only sheer force is keeping it together?

Iche_Bins said:
did the last post answer your question? ;)
Oh I think so :)

Hurra! War with the Ottomans. Your aim should be now less then freeing whole europe from the turkish invaders. And who nice would be to have some new vassals (Greece/Alabania/Bulgaria ...). ;)

By this time, you should be able to crush the Ottomans with relative ease. Push them back to Anatolia, I say!