• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey Iche, could I seek your expert advice on something? :D

Who did you bribe to get elected as HRE?

Oh, and excellent AAR, that's why I am playing a similar game at the moment but things kind if went awry in my game :eek:

Iche_Bins said:
Well honestly I didn't know who to bribe back than, so I bribed every german nation possible :D

Thanks for the comment :)

Yeah, a few nations pretty much hate me right now so I'm trying to get my relations up with them. A question.

It says I have to have 4-5 nations as vassels to get the Event, but what if one or two of those nations have been annexed by other nations or are now part of my nation?

TheSynergy said:
Yeah, a few nations pretty much hate me right now so I'm trying to get my relations up with them. A question.

It says I have to have 4-5 nations as vassels to get the Event, but what if one or two of those nations have been annexed by other nations or are now part of my nation?

I'd say release as many vassals as possible without dropping under 6 provs. This has the added effect of losing BB. You won't get certain events if you don't have the vassals, even because you or somebody else annexed them.

Grundius said:
I'd say release as many vassals as possible without dropping under 6 provs. This has the added effect of losing BB. You won't get certain events if you don't have the vassals, even because you or somebody else annexed them.

So if someone else annexed them my only option is to go to war with them to get the provinces then release them? :eek:

You need 4 out of 5 Nations as vassals and have a relation of more than 150. If some other nation owns them, dind a reasopn for war (maybee a loan? ^^) and than take the province needed and realease them as vassal, I did the same in my game. Just watch out you become emperor early enough, not that the last emperor survises to long and you miss the opportunity...

The only way to make the reduce difficulty somewhat is to play as one of the five nations, that way you will only have to vassalize 3.

Grundius said:
The only way to make the reduce difficulty somewhat is to play as one of the five nations, that way you will only have to vassalize 3.

the only electors that can be included as one of the 4 vassals are like mains, the platinate, etc? So if I vassalized Olden-Burg they woudn't count toward the 4 nations I need?

Also. Do I need to worry about my relations with nations that have annexed electors for HRE? Sweden has two elector states annexed.

Also, this is a little off topic. But why does it seem that I can never get a certain nation (i'm thinking saxony) in my military alliance because their alliance with denmark seems to never end? :mad:

Also (just 1 more question), so if I am Brandenburg. I only need to vassilize 3 of the major electors? (like I have Mainz, The Platinate, and Saxony as vassals right now)

Last edited:
TheSynergy said:
the only electors that can be included as one of the 4 vassals are like mains, the platinate, etc? So if I vassalized Olden-Burg they woudn't count toward the 4 nations I need?

They wouldn't.

Also. Do I need to worry about my relations with nations that have annexed electors for HRE? Sweden has two elector states annexed.

I don't see what point there would be. :confused: Or do you mean if they can elect then? Then the answer's no.

Also, this is a little off topic. But why does it seem that I can never get a certain nation (i'm thinking saxony) in my military alliance because their alliance with denmark seems to never end? :mad:

If you terribly need Saxony in your alliance, DoW and make them a vassal if they aren't.

Also (just 1 more question), so if I am Brandenburg. I only need to vassilize 3 of the major electors? (like I have Mainz, The Platinate, and Saxony as vassals right now)

Yes, that's enough. But how can Saxony be your vassal and still be in an alliance?

Well, to answer your question :rofl:

I did what you suggested, those questions were edited last night as I played. The year is now 1478 and I have Mainz, The Platinat, and Saxony in my alliance and as vassals. But now Mainz has gone and DoW'd the Scandanavian Alliance along with the newly formed Burgundy/Austria/Hussites one.

I decided to help them out, now I am regretting it a little. :p

Thanks for the help.

Part twentyfour -1

Finally a update ... although, I had better ones :eek:o

Part twentyfour

Still during the war against France a new Conquistador asked to explore lands for Germany.

conquistador16043zk.jpg

And although the war was still waging 2 unarmed transport managed to get him and his man unhamred to Aires from where he started to explore the continent.
It took not long before he made contact to the famous Inca empire.

inca29ov.jpg

Unfortunatly they would not allow the german soldiers to pass into their lands, so that he had to turn arround and explore Brazil.
In the meanwhile, with peace almost restored in Germany, Emperor Friedrich could move to one of his most beloved topics, the germanisation of Danzig.

danzig22jo.jpg

Germany still had not beaten all of the religious rebells when England decided to declare war on Scotland.

war16040up.jpg

Of cources Germany honored the allaince, but it did not participate in a war far far away., with nothing to be won for Germany.

In the meanwhile the protestant population in Provence and espeacially in the city of Arleate, now free to follow their believes came back from the underground. The province turned protestant.

provence9kb.jpg

The war versus Scotland went well at the beginning, Meath and Northumberland were conquered by English troops, and a small party that took the unfortified Yorkshire was destroyed. All signs pointed to victory, and a peace was offered that should give england Northumberland. It was flatly rejected.

war160422lf.jpg

So the English ans Swedish troops marched to scottish capital to force the government a peace up on. But the Highlandclans came down from the hills one time after the other. Every single time they beat back the combined forces against all odds. They fought fierce, they fought fearless, they fought like scotsman and destroyed the English moral, so that the soldiers would start running when they only saw a Highlandswarrior.
In December 1607 Emperor Friedrich recognized that there was no point in continuing the war and offered a white peace.

war160459yl.jpg

Part twentyfour -2

In the meanwhile the conversion of Cologne was successfull, the conversion of Franche Commte was not. Also the conversion of Stallito failed, and rebbels started sieging the province, supported by rebells from the spanish territory.

coversionstalito2rv.jpg

The much smaller German army had no choice but to wait in Tampico and watch out that no rebekllion spread there to. So that the city of Stalito fell half a year later. And with the neighbouring city fallen, and three spanish cities in full revolt, the people of Tampico threw the Missionaries out of their province to. The rebellion was beaten down by stationed army though, and Stalito taken back with ease. At least the conversion of Bern succeeded.

stalito5pe.jpg

But Friedrich should not see all this as Empror, He got seriously ill and resigned from the throne on July 20th 1608. He was followed by Johann IV Sigismund. A rather avarage monarch.

johannivsigismund6ih.jpg

What would the new empror do with all the power under his controll? Would he further expand Germany by war, or would he be the great coloniser? Find out in our next part.

Tough clansmen indeed. Good update :)

Good update.

The English not beating up on the Scottish? What's wrong with them?

Mmm, if Spain doesn't get its act together you might get a nice haul of provinces.