• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Part five

As the year 1494 began, the time became right for the formation of Germany. Brandenburgs diplomats where sent out in every german realm to carefully feel how other german states stood to the Idea. Apperently many electors liked the idea, but it seemed to be not enough one vote was missing. So the Diplomatic very distiguished Johann made one more vote in his favor by releaseing Mainz as vassal and granting them the right of the electors.
mainz14948it.jpg

Then, finally on May 16th 1495 Johann could open officially what he had in mind for germany.
worme14959qr.jpg

Although this opening caused a great deal of concern it was accepted by most princes.

Unfortunatly Johann didn’t live to see the results of his efforts, he died on January 10th 1499 and was followed by Joachim I Nestor, a Monarch, as good as Johann in diplomacy.
europe14995ok.jpg

And then in 1500 it was done!
Germany was formed by Brandenburg, with Joachim I Nestor as first Emperor of Germany.
germanyformed19cv.jpg

germanyformed28dh.jpg

Celebrations started all over germany, and many states joined the german Empire immidiatly.
Only oldenburg resited and declared war at germany instead.
germanyformed39dn.jpg

Although now being a great power, and united Germany was still far away from being the strongest state in Europe, it was split up in several parts, highly decentrlized and hated by most of iths neighbours.
germanyformed41al.jpg

germanyformed53vx.jpg

germanyformed60lj.jpg

The stage was set for one of the most interesting histories of all the nations worldwide.

Congratulations with the wars, mainly with the conquer of silesia!

The Polish alliance is very Powerfull, Pray for that Poland not annex Hungary xD

On political map, Am I right, Ottomans Didn't changed the capital to Constantinople?! that's very rare hehe.

EDIT: Wow, you update while I was posting!
Hail Germany! You Big Now, eh!?
Very Cool and good luck vs. your neighobours that really love you!XD

so, that was what I had played allready some time ago, I just wrote it down now.

That are my stats rightnow:
I'm at trade and infra 3 and therby in the upper field in the world.
My land tech is 4 therby being in the midield.
And my naval tech is 3 also midfield.

The DP sliders you see in the pics above, and well you also see how hated I am ^^

From now on I start to play while i write, so the updates will be far less regulary, maybe once a week, maybe more, who knows.

I'm still not sure whether I should change to prtestantism oder stay catholic. right now I have one vote for converting, any more?

Very well done making Germany.I have never achieved that,through never really tried.This inspires me to try it again.

Why doesn't Germany have claims on the German speaking parts of Austria?

Well done. Now that you are Germany you should get a bit better relations to the other powers, especially Poland, or you will have a naughty war in the east. Or maybe you can get Austria to be a vassal? :D
Zanza said:
It hasn't? It definatly should have.

First of all thanks for all theanswers, its really motivating to continue an AAR :)

Van Engel said:
Interesting leaders you got there... Suleyman, Ibn?
Indeed interessting leaders, never noticed it before .. oh well, probebly turkish guestworkers :rofl:

Zansa said:
You get claims on it when you manage to destroy Austria befor 1605 and have a low badboy, take a look into the eventsfile if you want to know more .

Duke of Wellington said:
Does Germany also have a core on Savoie? If so is that kind of odd?
I havfe actually no idea why I have a core on savoy, but they are part of the HRE so it has to have some reason.

Nobegow said:
On political map, Am I right, Ottomans Didn't changed the capital to Constantinople?! that's very rare hehe.
No, they changed their Capital allready.

Rythin said:
Savoy was a part of HRE for years.
He doesn't seem to have claims on the HRE though, just on some parts of it. E.g. Cologne is most certainly part of Germany/HRE in every definition, yet he doesn't have claims on it.

Nice work, I'll follow this one.

You should take out Austria before they get too strong; but on the other side I really would like to see a conflict between Prussia/Germany and Austria-Hungary way before 1866.

BTW: You play the Hohenzollern! Convert to Protestantism!

You´re playing as Germany, protestatism is the only way to go, :D

Nice job forming Germany!

Definitely following this one.

I say go Catholic. You have the culture to convert most of Germany, and it will be useful for when you expand in Italy.

Zanza said:
He doesn't seem to have claims on the HRE though, just on some parts of it. E.g. Cologne is most certainly part of Germany/HRE in every definition, yet he doesn't have claims on it.
AFAIK you don't instantly get cores on the electorates, they follow in some events just like austrian cores. You'll notice he doesn't have the cores on Saxony, Palatinate and Mainz either.