+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Creating a Greater Nigeria, A Nigerian 1936 AAR

Creating a Greater Nigeria, A Nigerian 1936 AAR

Nigeria's Independence
    In the aftermath of the caos of the Great War Nigeria declared itself independent. The British were somewhat angry but were to lazy to punish Nigeria and they wanted to protect the country form foreign harm so they guaranteed Nigeria's Independence. The Nigerians were relieved but a little bit annoyed that although this gave them time to prepare the worlds perception of Nigeria was that it was a puppet state. Nigeria would show the world what a folish pereption that was soon but not yet......
    Here are the details of the Cabinet:

A map of Nigeria:

(nigeria is red)

PS anyone can tell me how to give yourself a claim to a province, I'm planning to give myself cores all over africa but don't know how!!

Lord of Slower-than-real-time El Pip's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyDeus VultHearts of Iron IIISemper FiSword of the Stars

Are you going for start as UK, liberate then reload? If so then edit the save game file (.eug) find the bit starting

country = {
    tag = NIG
    ai = {

then go down to nationalprovinces and put in all the province IDs for what you want to claim but now own at the start.

As for the idea, it's different I'll give it that. Ignoring the plausibilty (Nigeria not a puppet or even Allied to the UK) it's going to be a hell of a challenge. Most of Africa is French or British, either one on their own would tear you apart. An independent un-allied South Africa might be takeable, but they're not so they're out as well. Liberia being a US puppet would be suicide to attack so ignore them. Italian Africa, while far weaker than the Allies and the US is still way out of your league (You've got 9IC!)

In short you have Portugal left as almost a close match.

I do hope I haven't been offputting but without joining a major alliance I think your African expansion will be severly limited.
    The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR - The finest and most spectacularly slower-than-real-time British AAR on the board. Updated 11th February 2014 featuring Soviet prop shafts, begging Italian admirals and spicy Royal Netherlands Navy indecision.

Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 - The award winning characters Tiso and Tuka attempt to save Slovakia from defeat and destruction. It probably wont end well. It definitely did win an AARland Choice Comedy Award. Updated 16th September 2013. Voting is still technically ongoing in the 'Which Malar' mystery, but it has been for quite some time.

Furious Vengeance - A 1944 UK AAR - My actual best work - Winner of the 2009 Iron HeAARt Award

The other works

Winter depri

You have W.E.B. DuBois as foreign minister???

Wish you fun with Nigeria... Go show them imperialists!

lol 9 ic good luck! crush them frenchies! XD
    The Precise History of New England -AAR Writer of the Week 5/21/06-2/28-06
    doot doot doot 4D6574 Owner of 1 Yoyo dollar, $4-anonymous4401
    Fan of the Week 2/8/06-2/15/06

Was he free? Was he happy? The question is absurd:
    Had anything been wrong, we should certainly have heard.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

looks like you'll have a hard journy, but it'll be worth it.
    "How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct." - Benjamin Disraeli

"Morality may consist solely in the courage of making a choice." - Leon Blum

Canadian Nationalist Spitfire_Pilot's Avatar

wonder how far the Nigerian Empire will go . Good start btw.
    Nationality: Canadian/Newfoundlander
    Religion: Catholic
    Ideology: Fascism
    Darkest Hour Ideology: Fascist
    Kaiserreich Ideology: National Populist
    Issues: Planned Economy/National Equality/Canadian Culture
    Current Work: Butcher
    Revolt Risk: 38.45

Quote Originally Posted by El Pip
    Are you going for start as UK, liberate then reload? If so then edit the save game file (.eug) find the bit starting

country = {
    tag = NIG
    ai = {

then go down to nationalprovinces and put in all the province IDs for what you want to claim but now own at the start.

As for the idea, it's different I'll give it that. Ignoring the plausibilty (Nigeria not a puppet or even Allied to the UK) it's going to be a hell of a challenge. Most of Africa is French or British, either one on their own would tear you apart. An independent un-allied South Africa might be takeable, but they're not so they're out as well. Liberia being a US puppet would be suicide to attack so ignore them. Italian Africa, while far weaker than the Allies and the US is still way out of your league (You've got 9IC!)

In short you have Portugal left as almost a close match.

I do hope I haven't been offputting but without joining a major alliance I think your African expansion will be severly limited.
    I was actually thinking of taking portugal on myslef you guesed my plan

Preparations
    NAVAL
    In order to have the strenght to take on Portugal a navy needed to be created. Great War Air Carriers were researched and a transport squadron built. The first ever combat ship of the Nigerian Navy the HMNS Independence a air carrier of WWI technology was being constructed at the Lagos Naval Base

LAND
    Several Serial builds of infantry and militia were assigned and by February the Nigerian Empire had 2 out of 3 infantry divisions and 6 out of 9 Militia in readiness for war with Portugal.
    INDUSTRY
    Improved Industrial Manufacturing tools were researched with the net result of boosting Nigeria's IC to 10.
    AIRFORCE
    The Nigerian Airforce consisted of a Great War Carrier squadron but a Close Support Aircraft research project had been aproved and was cuurently being researched.

DiplomacyDivine WindFor the MotherlandEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Nah, I don't think you should claim Africa. You will do well anyway
    Snake IV used to be a regular, but not anymore. You might, however, come across him at rare occasions, but that is so seldom you'll manage.

going for carriers already? let see where you go with this...

I just started to follow this AAR, I'd say after portugal, ally with the allies and make huge territorial gains on Vichy France if they ever happen. So when the eventual civil war comes around (Nigerian civil war) ther can be a bunch more factions.

Also, what do your tech teams look like?

Skill 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Runtito
    I just started to follow this AAR, I'd say after portugal, ally with the allies and make huge territorial gains on Vichy France if they ever happen. So when the eventual civil war comes around (Nigerian civil war) ther can be a bunch more factions.

Also, what do your tech teams look like?

Skill 1?
    nearly every one is Skill two with the naval tech team being skill 3

The Portugese-Nigerian War Phase One
    The Portugese-Nigerian War started as a result of Nigeria's lack of Energy sources and it's desire to rule Africa. It started on April 20 1937 and Nigeria since it possesed only one transport ship as it's navy could only ferry one division at a time to nearby Portugese Angola. The Portugese Army was taken by surprise, the Nigerian landing had taken out the only province with a beach. The Nigerian Army eventually ended up sending 2 out of 3 infantry and 2 out of 12 militia divisions. By June 28 1937 Angola was fully Nigerian.

The next step was the seizure of Portuagal itself in order to gain a profitable peace, befoe that a naval base had to be seize. The portugese nanal base in(can't remmember ill edit when id do) was seized and troops were built up for an Invasion of the Portugese mainland. The preaparations were complete by July 27the and an armada was sent to capture Portugal. By August 2nd they succeeded in securing a beachead and reinforcements were on their way.

Thaaaaat's all for now

Hmmm, catch them with teir pants down, a truly British quality, only the british were usually the ones being caught, good show chaps.

excellent! maybe you'll even get a province in europe!

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k club

Blog Entries
    This looks fun.
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: A Milanese Education EU3 DW 5.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

Victory
    After capturing Lisaboa, the Portugese government gave Nigeria nearly all of it's overseas colonies. Of the colonies that were not given, they were left landlocked and there was no way to access them. Now that Macao was Nigerian the Nigerian government was seriouslly considering a Chiniese Intervention Force. This map shows the final positions in portugal before the Armistice

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k club

Blog Entries
    A Chinese Intervention Force? Safe to say you're not thinking small. Of course, this helpfully gives you a few critical naval bases about the place. A very useful war, all told.
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: A Milanese Education EU3 DW 5.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

of course you'll need a few more transports...maybe you could intervene in the war with guangxi clique?

How do I change my map colour I would do more political maps except Nigeria's colour looks exactly the British Empire!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast