• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(21482)

Insane Militia
Nov 5, 2003
geocities.com
This is my first HoI2 AAR.
Now I'm playing an USSR game at normal/normal difficulty. Knowing that USSR is too powerful, I'm trying an experiment in my game, using only militia with artilery brigade as combat units. Hope I can finish this AAR :) Enjoy!

ladyfabia said:
This is my first HoI2 AAR.
Now I'm playing an USSR game at normal/normal difficulty. Knowing that USSR is too powerful, I'm trying an experiment in my game, using only militia with artilery brigade as combat units. Hope I can finish this AAR :) Enjoy!

:eek: :wacko: :cool:

You must be a total raving lunatic, those panzer will cut through you like a jetflame through butter...but even at one time the panzers must clog up with militias...

I wish you the best! :)

Will be interesting to see how this goes!

Rensslaer

January 1936

Comrade Stalin announced that a revolution to destroy enemies of motherland has finished. But new revolution has started, a revolution to make USSR to be real communist state.

The first step in this new revolution was disbanding all of the old army inherited from old Russia army and all of air force used by old burgoise air general. A communist state need real communist army, people army. The new communist army would be forged to substitute the old army. All men and women could join this new army. And for all the member of new army, there would be free food every day. This announcement has been received by USSR people with happy and enthusiasm.

But of course not all general happy about this new army. Some old generals felt unhappy and tried to protest Comrade Stalin. But Stalin seemed didn't care about that kind of protest. Stalin only gave order to secret police to watch over those old generals

Lurken said:
You must be a total raving lunatic, those panzer will cut through you like a jetflame through butter...but even at one time the panzers must clog up with militias...
Yes, I'm crazy :D
I have a question for this game "Is militia really an useless unit?"
And let's see... I have surprise for you if you underestimate real people army! :D

Marchalk_Zjukov said:
Hehe this can be fun to watch, but what about the navy?

You must try for a WC :D

well the USSr had pretty much no navy at all, but he could try like just subs or destroyers or something.

No airforce. No maritime force. No nothing, except militia! Horrendous hordes of angry Workers and Peasants! MUAHAHAHAAHH!

I persume you are not assigning any leaders? Your army must stay free of the oppression of the devilish officer class. :D

Hmm... I still need navy so that I didn't disband my navy :)
But no airforce, airforce is capitalist toy, too few people can enjoy that toy. Navy still ok because all people's army can board on ship. I think when people's army spread communism to America, we also need some marine to open the way to America. If there's land connection to America... But after that, USSR people's army will rock!

No leader? Come on... Officer isn't a class, officer is one of party's leader to build communism around the world. And officer must not force his/her fellow comrade to do his/her favor, they must go together and if needed... die together :)

As a result of disbanding old Russian army, USSR had saved so many resource and money. Those resource distributed among the people. Family was encouraged to have many children and they must not be worried about how to feed their children because state guaranteed that all communist people must have food.

USSR also put some money to hold researches can help people, not only middle class. On March 30 1936, Barrikada Factory Design Bureau introduced Early Static AA Artillery. In his introducing to public according to this new static AA, Comrade Stalin has stated that no man or nation could be polutate our air.

On April 24 1936 Comrade Stalin announced that all labor of USSR must do their job using new tool developed by Nizny Tagil Factories. not their hand. Same announcement to all farmer also stated on April 30 1936 when Kirov Factory Design Bureau introduced new agricultural tool and to all researcher on May 6 1936 when Charkov Factory Design Bureau built some Census Tabulating Machine.

Meanwhile the first wave of people's army have been forged on May 3 1936. This first army consisted of 18 divisions and equipped with Early Artillery on May 13 1936.

The USSR development to be communist state has opened other nation eyes. In Election Times, Left Party has been win in Costa Rica, Czechoslovakia, and France. But Comrade Stalin didn't feel happy because he didn't want Social Democrat style only Communism!

Until July 1936 USSR people's army consisted of 37 divisions and this army would feel real combat experience when Spanish Civil War started in July 18 1936.

On July 18 1936 Spanish Civil War has started. Nationalist Spain led by General Franco proclaimed war against corrupt Republican Spain. Comrade Stalin saw that this war was an opportunity for USSR people's army to show their ability and to gain real combat experience. For this purpose, Comrade Stalin has sent 10,000 men from people's army to help only communist in Spain and to learn many things from this kinds of war. But Comrade Stalin stated clearly and continuously that they must not help Spanish army other than the communist.

On August 7 1936 a major worker strike occured in USSR. But this strike didn't demand a social improvement or salary raisement but they demanded to be sent as volunteer in Spanish Civil War. They weren't patient to feel the real war. Comrade Stalin refused their demand but he promised to all people of USSR that people's army will use against capitalist pig and fascist dog countries.

Meanwhile in research field, USSR has reached many improvement. Ilyushin Design Bureau has developed Agrichemistry so that UUSR will have much harvest and that means more food to distribute for all people. Grabin Design Bureau has developed Rear Area Vehicle Repair Shop ability to help the less courage people to work in army and party repair bureau. Nizny Tagil Factories has increased their output with the new Improvement Machine Tools. But the most important achievement in 1936 was when Comrade Boris Shaposhnikov introduced new doctrine for people's army: Large Front Doctrine. This doctrine tought people's army to always stay together with their comrade and moved together. Comrade Stalin praised Comrade Shaposhnikov for this new doctrine and stated that this doctrine was the fit doctrine for people's army instead of army initiative doctrine a la capitalist army.

In military more men and women joined people's army so that in end of 1936 people's army had 95 divisions. For giving them proud, USSR held great parade to celebrate 1937 new year.

I've subscribed, this will be a very interesting game......

Preparing for attack from capitalist navy like UK or USA or fascist navy like Italy, Comrade Stalin gave order to Nevskoye Design Bureau and 61 Kommunara Nikolayev Shipyards to research Basic Light Cruiser and Improved Battleship. But those ship designs haven't been implemented yet because Comrade Stalin wanted to focus just on people's army.

On February 15 1937 Germany and Italy signed the Anti Comintern Pact. Germany also asked Japan but Japan wasn't dare to confront people's army directly so that Japan refused to sign that pact. This news has been known by Comrade Stalin from spies sent by Basic Encryption Devices prototype. That prototype was finished by Charkov Factory Design Bureau on March 15 1937. Meanwhile Nizny Tagil Factories was succeed building factories producing ransom for army using Agricultural Production.

In Spain, Nationalist Spain was win the civil war on April 29 1937 and became isolated country due to war trauma. People's army sent to that war also came back and together with Barrikada Factory Design Bureau developed Basic Field Artillery, a new kind of artillery used in Spanish Civil War. Another lesson from that war was that a corrupt government will be overthrown by people. Next time communism would be solution not nationalism.

After Spanish Civil War, another war would be started. This time the war started in Asia when Japan invaded China on July 16 1937 using Marco Polo Bridge Incident as their argument for war.

Until July 16 1937 people's army already had 181 divisions and some of those divisions equipped with brand new Basic Field Artillery.