• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Somehow I doubt the reality that David wakes from will be any better.

“David. David, wake up!” The tone of Julia’s voice spoke volumes.

“Nooooo! God in heaven, nooooo!” David sobbed.

Julia continued to wake David up. While she was no psychologist, she knew what David had been through, and she could imagine what he was reliving.

“It’s OK David, you’re OK. We’re in New York. We made it David, my love.”

David awoke. He felt the warmth of Julia at his side. He was in bed, and he could smell bacon and eggs. He took a deep breath and sighed. Julia rolled on top of him. “I think you need some dream therapy” she smiled.

“But what about breakfast?” David protested.

“We can always order some more” Julia murmured as she moved languorously over him.

“That’s true – we can order some more.” Already his dream was fading and all there was, was the present moment and the delight of intimacy and vulnerability that thrilled him to his core.

*******************************​

The morning had gone slowly, and it was midday as David drew up to Central Station in a cab. Mounting the stairs he had entered the station. It always moved him. It was grand in more than name. A Cathedral to all the hopes of the American future. A future full, he was sure, of technological marvels.

He spotted several of the German submariners, and moved toward them. They still looked underfed and lost looking. Grief writ large in their faces. There were 15 in all, and David and went and purchased tickets to take them into the West Virginian heartland. After giving them his final instructions and reassuring them they would be met at the station, he saw them on board and watch the train depart.

“You David Ogilvy?” A voice behind queried in a broad New Yorker accent. David turned and found himself facing two heavy set men. “You David Ogilvy?” the one on the right repeated. “Look I aint got all day mister, are you David Ogilvy?”

“What’s it to you gentlemen?” David responded.

“Ya hear that Louie? Weez gennelmen!” To which Louie responded with a grunt. David thought it would take a lot to get any expression onto Louie’s face. It seemed more scar tissue that anything, the result of years in the boxing ring. “Dammit! We’ll just have ta bring ya in and hope for the best.”

“Look gentlemen, I don’t know what you want but I am a busy man, so I’m asking you politely to get out of my way.” David began to turn and move away.

“Not so fast buster” David felt the barrel of a pistol shoved sharply into his ribs. “The Boss wants David Ogilvy. And what the Boss wants the Boss gets. Cappiche?”

Yep, I knew the real-world would be not so good.

Dun dun DUN!!!!

Mr. Ogilvy is still in the dark vis a vis his own dangerousness...get with the program sir! :p

Now I'll be waiting to see how this new wrinkle turns out...

TheExecuter

Ah, it seems some of Dewey's electoral advisers would like a word with David. All in all, I'd say the morning was better.

Vann

therev: ...“Not so fast buster” David felt the barrel of a pistol shoved sharply into his ribs. “The Boss wants David Ogilvy. And what the Boss wants the Boss gets. Cappiche?”

hmmm. for some reason, i don't think that diplomatic immunity will be of any use ! ! :rolleyes:

awesome updates ! !
:cool:

MORE ! ! please :cool:

Therev,

I'm hoping you're going to check back one of these days.

I'm also hoping you'll continue this story, but barring that, I have a reading recommendation for you!

I was listening to an audiobook called "The Irregulars" about the British intelligence branch which launched propaganda campaigns and anti-Nazi activities from New York and Washington. Among the many rich characters of amateur British spies, which included Roald Dahl and Ian Fleming (Bond, James Bond), there was a guy named Ogilvy!

I immediately thought back to this story and wondered if you'd gotten an idea from this real history, but then your Ogilvy is American, and the British guy is... well, British! :D

But "The Irregulars" talks about alot of similar history you may have been going through as research for this story, so I'm sure you'd enjoy the read!

Rensslaer

...but Ogilvy never was real...Winston created him at Minitrue...:D

therev, you OK ?