• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Damned, my evil Isp limited my account for this month, i got to download the picture's at modem speed.

But it's worth the wait afcourse, great work as usual, can't wait for the first battle scene's.

Shaping up to be one heck of an AAR. However, for all the lovely details, there are three things I'm missing:

1. What's your mod, game version, and difficulty level?
2. What are your house rules, special scenarios, or modifications, if any?
3. What kind of trading are you doing? Sucking in some Venezualan oil, perhaps? Huge profits to be made off the USSR...

Why was I not informed of this.... :mad: :p

Great to see 2Coats writing another AAR, may this one be as funny and long as the previous one.

GrimReaper Thank. Thats the intention. Hopefully, you and everyone else will have a good idea as to the position of Germany before the war actually starts, and then can see what should have been done if I make any mistakes. ;)

jose1357 The relations with Japan and SU seem to change dramatically on a reload. Usually Japan is just over +10 and SU around +50 for most of the build up. Of course diplomacy when I start it will aim to change the Japanese relations if not SUs. Hopefully this next update should show you Japans position. The screenshot is up to date as of Jan 1, 1939.

Stnylan Cheers. Obviously at this point of any 1936 game, there is still much to be done if Germany is played historic. Hopefully you and everyone else are still interested. Look at it this way by the time Im ready for a US AAR Ill will be able to really know how to make a good Pictorial Lesson.

Lifeless That was just how far I got up to. Im trying to get these updates done over two nights, but I havent the time I used to have. I will just have to type faster! :D

Ghostwriter Cheers. Whats KUTGW? :confused:

FlorisDeVijfde Glad you like the Relations summary. It took a while to get a feel for it and then do the first version of it, but once you have the template setup, its quite easy to complete. About 20mins for that screenie. Im afraid I cant remember where I got them, I have the link somewhere. Thought it was GIP, but its not. I will have another look. Sorry. :(

Jopi Thx. Glad you like them. Im hoping too that my military will be good enough to win the upcoming camapigns.

Lurken Good to know, otherwise it would be a waste of my time! ;) Yes, I want this to be more serious than the Italian PLitAoW.

Korppi Thanks. Hopefully, this update will show you how much I have been updating. Though the slider would have changed over time, it would be fairly stationary thoughout the year. You can probably guess that after this years IC builds, I started upgrading. The new screenies will tell you how and how many.

W. Iljitsch You should be able to see what the new IC has been used for.

TheFlemishDuck Do you wish me to DoW you ISP? :D Hopefully, this update will be ok as its near the beginning of the month. Battlescenes should start in 2updates, after a shorter 1939 update, which is to be done right after this one.

LM+ Thx. There is a very good reason why I didnt provide that info. I will share this later in the AAR, but I will tell answer you.
Vanilla HoI 1.03b.
Normal/Normal.
No specific house rules other than semi-realistic deployments.
No reckless paradrops. Must be supported, ie either with an amphibious landing or must be adjacent to a proper army formation.
Only the graphic mod is being used. Names escapes me for the moment.
I intend to play a historic Germany as possible, but with the exception of doing things correctly, like having Italy and the triparte join later and avoid the RL mistakes.
Trading should be visible now, though I dont see it as necessary as I tend to just trade with whomever has the free resources to keep me above 0 income or less for all things. However, once war starts I tend to go to SU and make heavy trades. I will elaborate on those in due course.

Gjerg Kastrioti Well probably not. But the AI may fraught my WC. They did in my Italian AAR.

labalag Are you not subscribed to the newsletter? :D ;)

Lord Hawhaw gives a hardy welcome to new recuits W. Iljitsch, LM+ and Gjerg Kastrioti and veteran PLitAoWer Labalag.

And so for the next update. Enjoy.....

193801.jpg

193802.jpg

193803.jpg

193805.jpg

193807.jpg

193806.jpg

193809.jpg

193810.jpg

193811.jpg

193815.jpg

Last edited:
2Coats said:
...Ghostwriter Cheers. Whats KUTGW? :confused: ...
Keep Up The Good Work.

excellent updates! ! ! :cool:

That was a great update. :) This AAR is just awesome

Yep, really great update. What I really like is the army upgrade screen, the actual layout was a good idea!

Just a nitpick - shouldn't the Fuhrer be "der Fuhrer" instead of "die Fuhrer"?
I mean he IS a man afterall, right?

Impressive overview!

It will be interesting to see how Wehrmacht performs.

Looks cool, but aren't you concentrating a bit too much on interceptors, instead of tac or cas. This is costing you lots of IC, while I think you could also use some more ordinary infantry or garisons with police brigades.

Wolfhound said:
Yep, really great update. What I really like is the army upgrade screen, the actual layout was a good idea!

Just a nitpick - shouldn't the Fuhrer be "der Fuhrer" instead of "die Fuhrer"?
I mean he IS a man afterall, right?
It should be "der Führer" but as many guys can't figure out how to make a ü so I think u is accepteble.

I think he is a man but is he human. Maybe it should be "das Führer"