+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: A Pictorial Lesson in the Art of Warfare II: Feldzuge

Hoi 2 Beta

Thanks again for your comments, praise and criticism!

Sure, Grimreaper you can use the diplo report format if you like.
    TheFlemishDuck and dont forget the IC from captured territory! Its especially true that I want a secured mass of IC to give me the TC to go on invading later.
    jose1357 Yes you are reading that correctly. Im always serious about Operation Seelowe. Well I always make at least one attempt. The situ. with Nat Spain will hopefully change as soon as I have the money.
    Wolfhound Good!
    Lifeless, me to. I aim to make the best of the resources I will have!
    Korppi I hope so too!
    Lurken I havent decided on how I will tell the battle, just yet. Well see.
    Virgiltchicken no, no red herring. I plan to have a sizeable Cruiser fleet as well as Submarine fleet.
    Nuclear Winter... Lets see what I can drum up for you to spend you points on!

Welcome to new recruits Kaiser Franz, stephanbathory, BBBD, pit, FlorisDeVijfde, KuzuX and veterans Jopi (I see you have mastered the power of sarcasm ) and Virgiltchicken.

Sorry for the delay... if you go back to previous update, Ive added 8 or so storyboards to provide details of global events in summary format.

And so without further ado, another update!
    Last edited by 2Coats; 28-02-2006 at 14:01.
    For God, King and Country - A MARCH OF THE EAGLES AAR
    "That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'." x2 - Marv, Sin City.

Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

great, but im curious how much time do you spend on the lay-out ?
    If you bring me fish its good, but if you learn me how to catch fish its even beter

-African saying

Those global events look really good.

Yes how could i forget the Anshluss and the annexation of Sudeten. That will be another increase of about 30 base IC, or 50 IC after modifications.

It's all nicely aimed to start construction of troops in late 1938 right? By then you should have researched infantry 39 and a few other tech's ahead.I see the majority of youre industrial program will be finished by oct '38, at wich point only a few industrial programs will continue but most IC will be freed up for army construction.About 100 IC to be freed up by 38 ,+ the roughly 50 Ic's that will be finished then, + the 30 ansluss and alike IC's , modified by leader and slider, that will end up in 270 IC for construction roughly (minus somewhat more consumer goods and the supplies for a growing army).

250IC is more than enough IC to build a large army between october 1938 and march 1940, you can build hundreds of devissions with that.Meanwile youre still to gain 30 base and about 50 total IC from the completion of youre continuing IC projects.

The cost for first 50 IC to build (250 IC for 1 year, or more over a few years) will be easily paid back in a few years.Afterall you didn't pay 250 BAse ic to build IC but about 170-180 base (and the rest was modified by leaders) to build 50 BAse IC wich will modified turn out to be about 80IC, hence youre investment pays of in under 3 years, given the fact that it took 1 year (regardless when) for those IC to build and that 1936-1940 is 4 years youre investment should pay of in profit just before beginning the invasion of France, meaning you havn't gained much before it, but havn't lost any neither, but made youre position for Barbarossa much more stronger.Iirc youre modifiers should lead to the the time needed for 1 Ic to complete being exactly 1 year atm.

And now ill shutup my rambling...Anyway, looking forward to youre build's from october 38 onward, i figure youll want to have researched a number of tech's by then to be able to build the latest stuff, luckily you have the best tech teams.
    Last edited by TheFlemishDuck; 28-02-2006 at 12:10.

Thumbs up

huzzah! Another 2coats AAR!

ps. I hope you show those italians that saurkraute & bratwurst is better then pasta & "metabolle" any day!

ps2. keep up the good work.
    When a man says he approves of something in principle, it means he hasn't the slightest intention of putting it into practice.

/ Otto Von Bismarck

Hoi 2 Beta

Last edited by 2Coats; 01-03-2006 at 18:40.

Hoi 2 Beta

Hoi 2 Beta

Last edited by 2Coats; 02-03-2006 at 16:11.

Hoi 2 Beta

Dhimmi Too long. The thing is that at the beginning, a lot of editing goes on until I find a method of doing things that is efficient. This of course goes out the window as soon as the format is changed. Hopefully, now into my 3rd update the next two updates should be quick to do, though in this one I have to do alot more searching the www for photos and such than the previous AAR.

Korppi Thanks. I wanted to ensure that you all have an idea of the global situation in the game, before battle begins. Thats obviously means more work than the previous PLitAoW.

Skymning Thx. Glad youve come onboard. Well, it will make an interesting comparison to see how different I play this game. Already, Italy would have been at war for more or less 2 years. I hope to keep up with the good work. So expect another update soon

TheFlemishDuck And how could you forget the random events! Yes, the plan is Airforce, Army, Navy to late 1940 and then mass army builds for 41. As for your other assertions regarding IC and building, its all correct. Get a nice base of IC and then focus on building units. The tricky thing is getting the right techs in the right order. Indeed, its more than lucky to have the best tech teams! THis is Germany, we are expected to me!
    For God, King and Country - A MARCH OF THE EAGLES AAR
    "That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'." x2 - Marv, Sin City.

HoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi

Interesting update! You really get a feeling for what is happening in Germany and abroad.
    My spambot broke, now I have to write everything myself.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Workers of the world, igni-* err... unite!

lol...am surprised w/ relations w/ Japan/SU, hope u'll rectify that soon...I hope they're advancing in China, would help 4 future

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    A great deal of manoeuvring taking place. Good feel for it too.
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

um...why is there a empty text bubble? the italians had a war?
    The Precise History of New England -AAR Writer of the Week 5/21/06-2/28-06
    doot doot doot 4D6574 Owner of 1 Yoyo dollar, $4-anonymous4401
    Fan of the Week 2/8/06-2/15/06

Was he free? Was he happy? The question is absurd:
    Had anything been wrong, we should certainly have heard.

excellent info! KUTGW!
    B an 0:-), make someone happy, :-) GhostWriter :-)

"Freedom has many difficulties and democracy is not perfect, but we never had to put up a wall to keep our people in." . . . - John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Berlin, 1961

"Refusing to forgive is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." - not sure

thanks for the 6.10.10 update Valdemar ! ! : HOI1 *First Resistance* check it out ! !

HOI2 Cat War – Alternate USA AAR, By Amona ; discover this now ! !

Nice expansion the IC is be looking good now.

Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

nice overview of your actions i lioke it
    If you bring me fish its good, but if you learn me how to catch fish its even beter

-African saying

The Emperor's stool pigeon FlorisDeVijfde's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    MagickaSemper Fi500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Good update. I like the political overviews but the time that it takes to make them must be incredibly long

Nice unit avatars by the way. I used to have some like those but with the new patches I reinstalled HOI2 and couldn't find them. Could anyone please tell me where to get them again?

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III

The photos work really well as backdrops for in-game screenshots. It looks absolutely stunning! Hopefully that's what your military will be too
    Fingers crossed that Austria and Czechs don't cock up your plans.
    AARs: AARise ye prisoners of starvation... A Soviet AAR (ABORTED, save file destroyed), Postwar analysis: Rebuilding Rome (Completed!), The StAAR-Spangled Banner - USA vs. Rest of the World (Done!), The HungAARian tale Abandoned (lack of inspiration)

United! United! United!

Haver of 101 2Coaties, Founding member of "Eaten by his own faction club". Targets: Ayeshteni, Kanor, Fornadan, klas_knas, Disgustoid, almoravid, GrimPagan

Leading the Mombotian Horde Lurken's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

At the Temple of Mombot, nailing up 103 boards
    I like this style. It feels somewhat more serious then the former PLitAoW.
    "Godfather of the Superpower games" according to people
    Bought a big case of beer to Pdox
    Proud owner of 3 mouldy Phoenix cookies ●●●
    Pathetic and Brave King of Poland in Battlefront IV - Lords of War
    Shifty Leader of <random/> nation in Diplomacy Universalis 1.5

Rythin, the mad warmongerer and Lurken, the semi-peaceful builder in
    "Lurken and Rythin in the land of sand - The wacky Mzab adventures." - it's aaalive....Well...not really. It is quite dead. Undead?
    Minister of Information and Groupies for OT-President rafiki

The plight and return of B'mo'otm - an AAR, like I've never done before - Redux

Great update again.
    How much you are upgrading current units?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast