• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks again for your comments, praise and criticism!

Sure, Grimreaper you can use the diplo report format if you like.
TheFlemishDuck and dont forget the IC from captured territory! Its especially true that I want a secured mass of IC to give me the TC to go on invading later.
jose1357 Yes you are reading that correctly. Im always serious about Operation Seelowe. Well I always make at least one attempt. The situ. with Nat Spain will hopefully change as soon as I have the money.
Wolfhound Good!
Lifeless, me to. I aim to make the best of the resources I will have!
Korppi I hope so too!
Lurken I havent decided on how I will tell the battle, just yet. Well see.
Virgiltchicken no, no red herring. I plan to have a sizeable Cruiser fleet as well as Submarine fleet.
Nuclear Winter... Lets see what I can drum up for you to spend you points on!

Welcome to new recruits Kaiser Franz, stephanbathory, BBBD, pit, FlorisDeVijfde, KuzuX and veterans Jopi (I see you have mastered the power of sarcasm :D) and Virgiltchicken.

Sorry for the delay... if you go back to previous update, Ive added 8 or so storyboards to provide details of global events in summary format.

And so without further ado, another update!

Last edited:
great, but im curious how much time do you spend on the lay-out ?

Yes how could i forget the Anshluss and the annexation of Sudeten. :eek:o That will be another increase of about 30 base IC, or 50 IC after modifications.

It's all nicely aimed to start construction of troops in late 1938 right? ;) By then you should have researched infantry 39 and a few other tech's ahead.I see the majority of youre industrial program will be finished by oct '38, at wich point only a few industrial programs will continue but most IC will be freed up for army construction.About 100 IC to be freed up by 38 ,+ the roughly 50 Ic's that will be finished then, + the 30 ansluss and alike IC's , modified by leader and slider, that will end up in 270 IC for construction roughly (minus somewhat more consumer goods and the supplies for a growing army).

250IC is more than enough IC to build a large army between october 1938 and march 1940, you can build hundreds of devissions with that.Meanwile youre still to gain 30 base and about 50 total IC from the completion of youre continuing IC projects.

The cost for first 50 IC to build (250 IC for 1 year, or more over a few years) will be easily paid back in a few years.Afterall you didn't pay 250 BAse ic to build IC but about 170-180 base (and the rest was modified by leaders) to build 50 BAse IC wich will modified turn out to be about 80IC, hence youre investment pays of in under 3 years, given the fact that it took 1 year (regardless when) for those IC to build and that 1936-1940 is 4 years youre investment should pay of in profit just before beginning the invasion of France, meaning you havn't gained much before it, but havn't lost any neither, but made youre position for Barbarossa much more stronger.Iirc youre modifiers should lead to the the time needed for 1 Ic to complete being exactly 1 year atm.

And now ill shutup my rambling...Anyway, looking forward to youre build's from october 38 onward, i figure youll want to have researched a number of tech's by then to be able to build the latest stuff, luckily you have the best tech teams. ;)

Last edited:
huzzah! Another 2coats AAR! :D

ps. I hope you show those italians that saurkraute & bratwurst is better then pasta & "metabolle" any day! :p

ps2. keep up the good work.

193701.jpg

193702.jpg

193703.jpg

193704.jpg

193705.jpg

193706.jpg

193707.jpg

193708.jpg

193709.jpg

Last edited:
Dhimmi Too long. The thing is that at the beginning, a lot of editing goes on until I find a method of doing things that is efficient. This of course goes out the window as soon as the format is changed. Hopefully, now into my 3rd update the next two updates should be quick to do, though in this one I have to do alot more searching the www for photos and such than the previous AAR.

Korppi Thanks. I wanted to ensure that you all have an idea of the global situation in the game, before battle begins. Thats obviously means more work than the previous PLitAoW.

Skymning Thx. Glad youve come onboard. Well, it will make an interesting comparison to see how different I play this game. Already, Italy would have been at war for more or less 2 years. I hope to keep up with the good work. So expect another update soon

TheFlemishDuck And how could you forget the random events! Yes, the plan is Airforce, Army, Navy to late 1940 and then mass army builds for 41. As for your other assertions regarding IC and building, its all correct. Get a nice base of IC and then focus on building units. The tricky thing is getting the right techs in the right order. Indeed, its more than lucky to have the best tech teams! THis is Germany, we are expected to me!

Interesting update! You really get a feeling for what is happening in Germany and abroad.

A great deal of manoeuvring taking place. Good feel for it too.

excellent info! KUTGW! :cool:

nice overview of your actions i lioke it

Good update. I like the political overviews but the time that it takes to make them must be incredibly long :eek:

Nice unit avatars by the way. I used to have some like those but with the new patches I reinstalled HOI2 and couldn't find them. Could anyone please tell me where to get them again?

The photos work really well as backdrops for in-game screenshots. It looks absolutely stunning! Hopefully that's what your military will be too :D
Fingers crossed that Austria and Czechs don't cock up your plans.

I like this style. It feels somewhat more serious then the former PLitAoW.