• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Every day Communism spreads to another enlightened person. In the venomous dens of Capitalism, Imperialism, and Fascism men and women search for some example of hope. The factory worker whose back is scared by the very machine he sweat for every day, the farmer whose skin is dried and cracked from years out in the unrelenting fields; these where the people who communism was created for. The common man, who created everything, yet enjoyed nothing.

Feofan Karpov sat silent and still along with the fellow members of the Soviet Oligarchy. One either side of him was Viktor, and Kliment, Feofan wondered if his friends where as worried as he was. The room was filled with every possible minister

All three where nervous, Stalin was known to give speeches on a whim, but he never gave one in which all general staff officers where invited. Feofan knew it was either a sign of a horrid mistake in his planning, or something good.

"Feofan." Viktor said softly.

"What?"

"Did you get the new tank specifications?"

Feofan frowned, "I have not been in my office today, are they important?"

Kliment leaned closer and whispered in Feofan's ear, "They are already under construction. They require more fuel and Viktor and I think a meeting with the logistical commitee is called for."
t30ce0.jpg
"Correct." Viktor said.

"I'll glance it over when I get back to the office." Feofan said quickly, his mind racing at what such a large meeting was about. If he did something wrong he could think of nothing. His palms were sweating

The mighty Soviet army against whatever past for an army in China of course was to win. Yet what if something went wrong? Where the NKVD men around the room just waiting for the signal to commence the mass arrests? The entire room stood up and sent out a roaring applause at the appearance of Stalin. He was approaching, yet he still remained the pillar of national strength.

Stalin stood before everyone, smiling and looking out at those assembled before him. The stage was designed make who ever spoke look tall. Only a few members of the communist party knew this, and of course liked to keep it that way. Stalin turned to his right and nodded, still amidst the roar of the crowd.

Bells rang in the back of the chamber, signaling applause was to end, and so it did. Stalin looked around his hand resting on the podium. Behind him Field Marshals, Ministers, and NKVD watchdogs sat their eyes focusing on Stalin awaiting his words.

“Comrades today is an important day for Mother Russia, the Soviet Union, and all of Communism. Recently the workers and farmers of the Asian state of Siaking requested liberation from its Capitalistic masters. After much consideration I have sent the Red Army in to spread the mighty Revolution of Marx and Lenin.”

When he stopped speaking the room once again went into an uproar of cheers. Feofan meant his, he knew the story was to be taken with a pinch of salt, but appearances had to be maintained to the Western powers until the major actions could be taken. Stalin held his arms out seeking to end the applause. No one stopped of course, for many stories flooded the USSR of what happened to such men, so once again the bells where used to silent the admirers of the Man of Steel.

“While the improvement of the Red Army has been going as planned, a problem may arise in the future which will call for the total support of the Soviet populace. Already Capitalist nations such as Britain, Germany, and even a kindred spirit like the United States have sent requests asking for me to end the military movements. I ask you can the Revolution be halted?” Stalin asked his arms held high, fists clenched.

“No!” The room shouted back.
stalinpv8.jpg
“Comrades, it does my heart good to hear such words from you. I trust you all shall lead this nation to glory as you always have. For starting today, this very minute the Soviet Union will adopt a newly penned constitution. The main goal of our great nation is to spread the Revolution worldwide! From the aching back of the German steel worker, to the blood soaked hands of a French butcher, and even to the sun darkened skin of an American farm hand, Comrades today we bring liberation to the world!”

Fenwick said:
“Comrades, it does my heart good to hear such words from you. I trust you all shall lead this nation to glory as you always have. For starting today, this very minute the Soviet Union will adopt a newly penned constitution. The main goal of our great nation is to spread the Revolution worldwide! From the aching back of the German steel worker, to the blood soaked hands of a French butcher, and even to the sun darkened skin of an American farm hand, Comrades today we bring liberation to the world!”

And so the battle begins to spread eh? Excellent update as always! :)

Fenwick: ...“..Comrades today we bring liberation to the world!”

it begins! ! :D

excellent! ! :cool:

This is good. :)

Don't know why the young man's nervous. Bugger all he can do to change things now. ;)

Sitting in the dark and slightly damp inner sanctum of Geost Raiter was a nervous young man from the Stalingrad design bureau. Raiter paid the boy no attention focusing instead on his progress. The funds for the Red Army seemed limitless, but new developments sometimes took a back seat to expansion and improvement. As such Geost was given the task, by Col. Kliment Pavlyuchenko no less, to fish through everything and try to stream line the vast collection of technicians and scientists for what was needed and what was a pipe dream.
000sovietcoinhh5.jpg
“Why do we need this comrade Letsky?”

“Excuse me comrade?” the young man replied.

“Why do we need this…” Geost looked at the top of the file, “intermediate range artillery replacement?” Before Letsky could speak Geost frowned, “What does that mean?”

“Excuse me?”

“You keep saying that.” Raiter said flatly, “what is an artillery replacement?”

“Oh, well a proper term would be artillery alternative.” He said with a smile.

“And the alternative is?” Geost pulled out a red pen ready to cast the project aside.

“Inside of shells fired from a cannon, we propose to make self propelling rockets.”

Geost set his pen down, “Really? You would not guess from your progress report. This is nothing but equations, and cost charts.”

“Apologies comrade general. We are trying to find out the proper trajectory and range. As it is now we should be able to place the equivalent of a 88mm shell into the rocket nose. He weapon may be more psychological then anything else, for it can be fired from a longer distance then conventional artillery, plus we are trying to incorporate a whistle into it so it makes a noise before it hits.”

“I see. So how many would you be able to fire?”
20rrh7.jpg
“Right now we think we can make a single launcher. But yet ten together make them fire at the same time, each rocket should have a blast radius of four meters. The key to this all is that ten rockets will land within twenty meters or each other and cause similar blasts. Picture that on a front line if you will. It may tear a hole in a front line.” Geost nodded and slid the folder back to Letsky.

“I look forward to future progress comrade.” The young man saluted and walked off a spring in his step. Geost was sure the boy thought extra money was coming his way, but that was not the communist way.

Could be quite scary if they can get it to fire in the right direction!

stnylan: Could be quite scary if they can get it to fire in the right direction!

don't you mean any direction! ! ;)

that would give new meaning to friendly fire! ! :D

excellent update! ! :cool:

Wow, just discovered this AAR and I spent some time reading through all of it. I must say quite a fine job, and I look forward to reading more.

Fenwick, don't you realize that one week without an update leaves us readAARs weak? ? ;)

groan... :wacko: i know, i am sick! ! :rolleyes: ;)

The central conference hall was the court for the Red Army, NKVD, and all other upper members of the Politburo. At one time it was the ballroom to the Tsar Alexander II. It took eight months to build, used over a ton of gold plated panels, and some of the most talented carvers in all of France all paid for by the sweat and blood of the Russian serfs. Sitting behind a large table Feofan Karpov contemplated why the progressive and proper thinking Soviet Union would ever keep such a room. Of course he knew it was a perfect symbol of the irony the Great Lenin loved so much. Peasants and workers sitting in fine Prussian chairs with coveralls, walking along finely polished tile in muddy boots.

Of course no one inside the room ever was dirty, or nothing less then a full communist party member, but the image in Feofan’s mind was a powerful one nonetheless. Looking to his left he saw another powerful image, three Red Army Generals all sitting up looking forward at the Conduct and Ideological Fitness Board. The CIFB was made up of seven judges, three Red Army officers, two NKVD agents, a politburo member and Soviet Judge Aleksey Sedov who headed the procedings.

Colonels Feofan Karpov, Viktor Kraminov, and Kliment Pavlyuchenko sat one table behind the NKVD prosecutor, and his Red Army aide. Behind the three Colonels were over a dozen men who made up the prosecution. Glancing to the defense he saw but five men, the Generals, and their two aides. Feofan allowed himself to glare at the elderly Russians who so thoroughly ruined his glorious Doctrine. It was late March and the quick stroll into Siaking was now an all out war with Nationalist China and her allies. New tactics, weapons, and the Soviet fighting spirit ensured the Red Army pushed forward.
f6redarmymortartrainingcampm1941xp7.jpg
Feofan was thrown back into reality when the loud gavel came down. The room stood up and looked forward, Judge Sedov cleared his throat, “Comrades we shall begin this session. Will the recorder begin?”

A young woman, who Feofan suspected was quite attractive if she took her hair down, spoke up, “We shall begin the thirty third war conduct council, on the 25th of March 1936. All who speak are under oath from this moment on.” She glanced up at Sedov and sat down when he nodded.

“Yesterday we listened to how Major General Nikolai Bukharin was unable to push forward due to orders by his superior officer, today I feel we should speak to the Commanding officer Karl Radek.”

Feofan looked over once again and nodded to the small weak chinned Bukharin who took control of the southern front of the offensive. He was following orders and in his opion did nothing wrong, while Feofan fumed on such things for days Kliment eventually calmed his comrade down. The court room filled with noise was General Radek made his way to the chair before the council. He sat down and unbuttoned his coat.

“Will the prosecution procced?” Sedov asked with a small friendly smile.

Kliment stood up and walked to the center of the room. A decision was made weeks ago to let only Kliment question on behalf of the Karpov Doctrine. He was the most knowledgable and was quite god at debating the finer points of proper military and how a member in a communist society should behave.

“Good day Comrade General. I will make this quick. On February 5th what occurred?”

Radek coughed softly and shifted in his seat, “ Nationalist China declared war upon the humble Soviet Union.”
ggpa8.jpg
“I believe we are all familiar with such things,” Kliment reached into his coat and pulled out a small sheet of paper, “I was asking about what your actions on that day were.”

“I ordered a halt to all forces and wait for furthur forces to arrive.”

“Why?”

“The enemy numbers where unknown, and I believed we had to conserve our minimal forces in the area.” Radek replied.

Kliment looked to the council members, “Comrades I wish such statements to be stricken from the record. Not only was there eleven divisions in the region but a fighter sqaudron.”

Sedov set his gavel down and spoke to his peers. Turning back he nodded, “it shall be done.”

Kliment circled Radek like a wolf stalking a wounded lamb, “Comrade general, what was the enemy strength?”

“I was unaware of enemy strength that is why I halted our forces.”

“Really? Did you send probes? Scouts?”

“I sent fourth a regimental combat team to observe the former Siaking capital of Urumqi. They ecountered heavy resistance from the retreating enemy. I did not want to waste what supplies I had.” Radek spoke with conviction and showed no sign of regret.

Kliment simply grinned and clasped his hands behind his back, “ You did not wish to waste your supplies?”

“That is correct.”

“Then how is it that once you left command the Red Army pushed forward into Eastern China? Once command was given to General Mikhail Tukhachevsky all eleven divisions have moved no less then five miles a day? Is it not true that you ignored proper military doctrine for your one outdated tactical beliefs?” The argument went on and on like this for what seemed like hours. Radek would defend himself and his actions only to be blindsighted by Kliment.
hhqm9.jpg
Sedov spoke up, “I believe we shall break for today. Tommorrow we shall interview the prosecution witnesses, if we have time the Generals in question may speak.”

Klimenti seems to have worked out how to be a good show trial prosecutor. Is this the Purge?

Fenwick: ...“..Once command was given to General Mikhail Tukhachevsky all eleven divisions have moved no less than five miles a day?..”...

very damaging to the defense! !

excellent update! ! :cool:

Baneslave: Great update!

yes! ! :D

also, more update! ! :cool: