• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hmm...very nice...i say mongolia should get some of nat china too :D

EDIT: woo my 1700 post! el general is here! :D

Four armies moved to cut off the advance of a single tank corp. Of course it was pointless, a man on foot running at full speed could go twelve miles, and for perhaps a quarter of a mile before getting winded. Add to this dust, heat, and dozens of other men all trying the same thing and the answer was simple, a tired army with little to no chance of stopping a single tank.
0a0vk.jpg
Viktor Kraminov sat atop the turret of such a tank. Thirty miles to his back was Stalingrad, which was the home of a premier school of tank warfare. At least it was becoming that. In March 1933 when Viktor arrived, he sent out small letters asking for all Generals and officers he met to come down and have a war game using tanks, and regular army.

Some arrived to witness how good the new weapons of war where, others to show how flawed such things are compared to a human soldier. Viktor planned everything twenty eight brand new light tanks, against four platoons or “armies.”

On the endless Steppes of Russia Viktor could make out other tanks, looking like ships alone at sea. He went back into the turret and tapped the radioman on the shoulder, “How far are we?”

Every branch of the service coveted radio, the army wanted all new sets to go to units, but Viktor pulled a string of two and got twenty-eight sets bolted into the tanks for his war games. The radioman looked up to the young Colonel, “ One tank had a malfunction and stopped a mile into the exercise, but we still have twenty seven functioning and keeping up.
bt24fw.jpg
“Wonderful. I want everyone to stop. We are declaring victory.” The radioman sent the word along and one by the speedy BT-2 stopped. Viktor went out onto the turret again, “ I won.”

Just so long as they don't run out of fuel - that could be embarrasing! I did like the touch of one of the tanks breaking down.

“Set it up! No resting!” Kliment Pavlyuchenko said. Before him in the rocky terrain of Central Asia sat the oddest gun he had ever seen. He walked around it as Soviet soldiers, dressed not in the traditional olive drab but a rock gray, assembled the weapon.

It was just turning to spring in 1934; so Kliment still needed to wear the heavy overcoat to keep him warm. Upon the announcement by Stalin, and Feofan as well, the Red Army was turning regular infantry into specialized troops. Kliment felt it was about time. The changes seemed minor, but war games, and training showed the new equipment to work wonders in mountainous regions.
byelorussianfrontsovietartille.jpg
Such a device was being assembled before him. It was a copy of a the Japanese Type 31 75 mm Mountain Gun. Fifteen men cared a forty-five pound load, and four other men carried five 16mm shells each, some explosive, some fragmented. Looking at his watch the crew of nineteen men took twenty minutes to assemble the field piece. It sat on two thin legs, and one thick leg in the back. It could fire from -10 to =30 degrees, and to change directions the back was lifted and turned. Kliment made a quick note about adding wheels for some assistance.

The men were ordered to move eight miles, full pack, and then assemble the cannon, and fire at a preset target. So far it had taken four hours, which was mostly due to the use of troop transport until the most difficult of terrain. As such the men showed no signs of moving the heavy equipment for three miles.

When it was over a shell was loaded into the breech. Men stood back, Kliment did as well, a Sergeant looked to him with a nod and fired. The ground shook lightly, Kliment paid it no heed. He was focused on the small mock village set up. A small hut went up in flames. The men cheered, “Repeat until the target is destroyed.” Kliment said calmly.
photo254cg.jpg
The men worked like machines, five working the gun, as the other fourteen digging foxholes, and filling canvas bags with dirt. There was no need for such a thing within Soviet territory, but in a combat situation a defense was required.

Kliment wrote everything down he saw: the entrenching tools should have picks for hard soil, an additional man should be included so a radio may be brought forward, instead of entrenching the remaining fourteen men should spread out and begin scouting. The list went on and on, Kliment knew it was important for very soon it would be needed.

Fenwick said:
...Viktor went out onto the turret again, “ I won.”

...The list went on and on, Kliment knew it was important for very soon it would be needed.
awesome! ! :cool:

Nothing beats some practical experimentation

Fenwick: Alright after wiping my computer I can start writing again.

somehow, that does not sound very good! :(

what did you lose? and, best of luck! ! :cool:

GhostWriter said:
Fenwick: Alright after wiping my computer I can start writing again.

somehow, that does not sound very good! :(

what did you lose? and, best of luck! ! :cool:

Every single file.... :(

But I can easily restart this game.

Fenwick: Every single file.... :( But I can easily restart this game.

a restart is much better than a quit! ! :cool:

this has been such a wonderful AAR! ! :D

Colonel Viktor Kraminov looked at the men before him. Two Moscow locals in full uniform, not the Red Army, but the NKVD. The People's Commisariat for Internal Affairs filled many tasks within the Soviet Union. Viktor's own father was a Chief Fire Guard for the Politburo building, in the back of the twenty four year old's mind, he wondered what a career in the secret police would be like. Roaming around the back alley's in a black trench coat, driving the black car looking for a spy. With a shake of his head he went back to reality and looked down at the thin report before him.
blackravens2qb.jpg
"Once again I thank you for coming to my office Comrade Entonjiveitch. I am curious as to what these revisions have to do with future military actions." Viktor smiled at his own wit. With the Nazi's in power in Germany, and the world looking more and more in turmoil, the Karpov doctrine seemed to disappear. Not in reality, for he could name five people with copies on their desks, but it was never to be mentioned outright. The term future military actions, was all encompassing for the Red Army these days.

"The People's Commisariat feels that certain perparations must be made before conflicts with the West begin." The NKVD man smoked his pipe, trying to be a match for Stalin but the double chin, and expanding belly made him anything but.

"The language used in your report is vague at best." Viktor picked it up flipping throw to a particular passage, " Actions prior to a military engagement will be required following the skills deemed important by NKVD forces." Viktor looked up clearing his throat, "I am aware of the NKVD liking the use of such vague phrases, but as a military planner I must know what you mean."

One man stood up and stretched, "Dissent. Sabotage. Assassianation. One well placed man, can accomplish more then a thousand soldiers. The NKVD is in such a postion to assist the military, and the GRU in dealing with future problems to the revolution."
lensta18lq.jpg
Viktor nodded, "Ahhh I understand. You are speaking in terms of covert work?"

"Of course. But we would need funds to perfect our operations, as well as increase the number of avalible, and expendable spies." Entonjiveitch replied.

That's actually quite a nice little picture you've posted there. So, now the NKVD are getting in on the act. Awaiting developments.

Fenwick: ...Viktor nodded, "Ahhh I understand. You are speaking in terms of covert work?"

covert operations. i can think of a certain German who is expert at such things... ;)

excellent update! ! most excellent that you continue despite the setbacks! ! :cool:

Speed and adaptability is the way to win a war. Speed is from military might, adaptability from leaders able to change when the situation demands it. As the world around the Soviet Union spirals into more hardship, and dysfunction the Soviet Union stands as a beacon of hope, and a model of how a society should be run. With equality for all, and services denied to none.

How can we as civilized people deny such a life to any one the earth? We cannot, and we will not. It is our duty as freedom loving people to free any whose is held in bondage or servitude. That is the purpose of Stalinism, to create equality where none existed before, to create order where only chaos ruled.

To achieve this perfect society Marxism teaches us to wait until the time is ripe, but the Russian revolution shows this to be incorrect. Great men must step fourth and lead a nation to glory, men such as Stalin. He decrees that now is the time for revolution, not in a neighboring nation, but the world.

Using the might of the Red Army the Soviet Union shall crush the reactionary forces around the world. This first begins in Asia, once a collection of empires now a squabbling mass of warlords, and nationalist’s. By using both surprise and tact the Red Army shall move in.

First Operation Cathrine will use divisions who specialize in mountain warfare to move in multiple thrusts at the western section of Asia. A follow up will occur in Operation Katrina, roughly one week from Cathrine. This will push into the two states neighboring Mongolia. Due to the friendship, and loyalty Mongolia has given in the years a joint Soviet-Mongol force will move in and claim surrounding areas for Mongolia. Doing so leaves a single unified front against Nationalist China.
docpac4ju.jpg
When the chance arises Operation Alexis will begin. Japan shall be dealt with by first pushing into its puppet, then the holdings in Korea. A small naval force will need to be made in order to make a landing on Japan itself. With Japan gone the one true threat in the East is taken away from the Soviet Union.

The Middle East is a region dominated by puppet kingdoms loyal to England and France. By first eliminating the Imperialist nation of Persia, the Red Army shall have a staging point in which to launch operation Peter. It will be multiple thrusts into Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Imperialist nations. This gives us the ability to then move down into India, the crown jewel of the British Empire, cutting it off from valuable resources. Following this Operation Alexzander will crush Persia and give the Soviet Union access to oil which will be needed in the future.
docmideast5px.jpg
The most important of moves will be into Europe itself. This is the most industrialized region in the world, and as such as multiple well-trained armies spread out amongst the nations. Operation Nicolas, a hard and fast push into India, will ensure a strangle hold upon Englands Imperalistic actions. Every attempt must be made to ensure the populace supports the Soviet Union, with man power as well as resources.
docindia8bp.jpg
Following that Operation Ivan will begin. Using the existing road networks, and most stable ground Red Army tank divisions will roll into Poland, Germany, and finally halting and maintaining a line near the French border. Troops shall then sweep into the unoccupied areas and secure them.

At this point all of Europe is within the Soviet Union’s grasp. Pushing into France, Belgium, the Netherlands, even England and the most powerful Empires on the planet are gone. Italy follows suit, the African nations will be occupied and cut out all remnants of Imperialism.
docivan0mf.jpg
All that remains is the United States. This nation is surrounded by two oceans, and has a population willing to fight, as seen from the Imperialistic war. With luck a revolution shall occur on its own, the USA and the USSR joining together without bloodshed.

If this does not occur Operation Rasputin will be put into effect. First stage is moving into the Pacific North West and holding it, any where from two weeks to a month. The purpose is to force the United States to move its forces to challenge those in the west. The next phase is a two-pronged invasion of Texas, and Maine. Movement will not be an issue here, these actions are to whittle down available military personal and equipment. Once a proper number have been defeated two new fronts shall open in the Pacific South West, and a naval landing in Washington D.C. What follows is keeping the troops supplied for moving about the United States.

This will be a long war, anywhere from eight to ten years. The Soviet Union shall win, and Stalin the leader of it all.

Feofan closed the book and looked out at the Red Army officers assembled in the Moscow Theater. He smiled rubbing his tired eyes, “ Comrades to Stalin!”

As a cheer went out, he wondered how many would be alive to see the Soviet Union he envisioned. The war was soon and Feofan could not wait for it.