• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Who was the most active voter? :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
Curses, my ballot stuffing fails,. Still, I have hopefully made Garner important. I really want to see a 3 party America. Just to be totally different.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Mornington Crescent?

...Is 'Sweden' the signal for a general halt to postings or discussions, just like in 'Mornington Crescent'? :confused:

If so, maybe things can be made to resume with a mention of trains or something. Or the 'Victory' bomber for the RAF, perhaps? :cool:

• 1Like
Reactions:
Oh as this AAR is also brillaint and British I have to award you another Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello, anyone seen Pippy?!? :(

• 1Like
Reactions:
Probably that Paradox-block on his work CPU has slowed things down...

El Pip, your public is dying for election, RN and RAF updates (not necessarily in that order)!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Mayhaps he is preparing the US election post to coincide with the Inauguration ceremony on the 20th?!?

[Swings cricket bat at Pippy's head. On face is engraved in block letters - HINT!] ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ladies and Gentlemen, sincere apologies for the delay on the update it's been a hectic couple of weeks since new year. Most of my time has been spent looking for a new place to live and trying to meet a string of deadlines at work. The former is sorted but sadly the latter remains, despite a recent informal promotion where I gained minions to control and order to do my bidding.

In summary I've been busy and writing has had to take a back seat unfortunately. The next update is about a 1/3rd done and inching towards completion a few lines at a time whenever I can grab some free writing time. I've got it conceptually mapped out (still plenty of thinking time when travelling to work and back) I just need to get it all out in text, a process that is never as easy as it should be.

Sir Humphrey - Thanks for the link but sadly they've thought of such things, it seems a most comprehensive block. :(

GeneralHannibal - Ohhh, probably TheExecuter who I think managed pretty much daily votes. His Christmas to New Year votes were done by PM not in thread, an option popular with Garner and Republican voters but not Democrats. An interesting psychological point there perhaps?

Lord Strange - I fancied a third party America as well. :) Don't worry though Garner is in the mix and State's Rights will certainly have a showing in Congress.

C&D - I would never work for a Swedish firm. It would only end in tears and pain, for them anyway.

RAFspeak - Don't mention that! You'll give Churchill ideas, and he's got enough of those already! :eek:

Pwn*Star - Perhaps if you do spam the thread it will prick my conscience and force me into updating through shame, pride and peer pressure?

Lord Strange - Woot!

Jalex - My scare time has been spent thinking about Corbettian strategy, torpedoes and the role of the Fifth Sea Lord I'll have you know. :p

DonnieBaseball - As soon as I can sir, I'm not deliberately delaying or avoiding updating I can assure you.

Duritz - That would be a trick far beyond my usual writing speed, short of suddenly getting a week or so off to write in.

Reactions:
El Pip, whats the status of House if Representatives (or whatever the lower house of Congress is called) and Senate? IIRC, no candidate won more than 50% of elector votes, and if I`m not mistaken in that case the HoR picks the president by voting through number of states and not congressman, and Senate picks vice-president in the same way. Which party dominates Congress?

Also, are Imperial preferences implemented? I think you mentioned something about Chamberlain and IP, but I dont recall mentioning them again. They woudnt be unreallistic, there were some discusssion about implementing them in the early thirties.

• 1Like
Reactions:
C&D - I would never work for a Swedish firm. It would only end in tears and pain, for them anyway.

Hence, your very funny but they-had-it-coming "Furious Vengeance" AAR.

Reactions:
Carlstadt Boy - That's a good question, is it the old Congress that makes the picks or the New one (i.e. the one voted for at the same time as the President)?

If it's the latter then nothing has changed, State's Rights is going to pick up a few Congressmen and will still probably have the deciding vote. Though that does assume it gets that far and that the smoked filled room doesn't make the decision without involving that mucky Democracy rubbish.... ;)

On Imperial Preference it was slightly more firmly implemented than historically but still slightly short of full on as the Dominions still wanted some flexibility. The big change is no FDR and no Cordell Hull, hence Canada wasn't convinced into pulling out (or King didn't get the excuse). Without that, IP is still in place and doing it's funky stuff saving the Dominions from bankruptcy and speeding the UK out of the depression. Of course if the rest of the world drops tariffs and trade barriers people may re-consider, particularly the big exporters Canada and Australia, but at the moment IP is the best option.

One interesting butterfly of that is that Pig Iron Bob may be forced by the tariffs to find alternate markets for his scrap. A tempting option if only to see Durry have a rage induced heart attack. :D

Nathan Madien - Too kind sir.

Update related news.
Good news; I've found an excellent research source containing much on actual RN opinion and doctrine in the mid 1930s.
Bad news; I've spent my time reading that not writing.
Good news; I found an absolutely outstanding quote;

I trust we have not sunk so far as to have to use Greek marksmanship, whether aerial or naval, as our standard

If only I could find a way to incorporate it into the work. Perhaps I may have to start adopting the post update "Notes" approach used by Atlantic Friend and others?

Reactions:
Could one enquire on the location of said document? I would be very interested.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The notes section is very much helpful in determining actual in game occurrances, but it is purely your preference. As to which congress, the Congressional term, according to the 20th Amendment meets on the 3rd of January. The Electoral Vote is read before a joint session of Congress on the 6th of January. According to my understanding, it would be the new Congress, voting by State delegation, who would decide the presidential election.

~Hawk

Reactions:
One interesting butterfly of that is that Pig Iron Bob may be forced by the tariffs to find alternate markets for his scrap. A tempting option if only to see Durry have a rage induced heart attack. :D

Nah, the Japanese paid tariffs on the stuff anyway. The apologists after the war claimed this was Pig Iron Bob's way of paying for Australia's rearmament... or was it the reconstruction of Darwin? I forget! :rolleyes:

Reactions: