• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Although Florida is a Southern State, we don't feel Southern. We feel like voting for Landon-Vandenberg.

Alfred Mossman Landon is the best man for the job, after all. In your heart, you know he's right.

If my memories serve me correctly, the Hood blew up after getting shelled by the Bismarck and only three or so men survived. Yes, I want ships that can get blown up easily in the British Navy. ;)

Thats what I meant with Proper protection! The Hood was supposed to be rebuilt during the late 1930s including proper protection that would have prevented that explosion. The Hoods I would construct would be modelled after the rebuilt Hood that never made it into being in OTL.

Reactions:
Vote Hull/Barkley in the glorious state of California :cool:

• 1Like
Reactions:
And today Alf goes to sweet home Alabama where the booze tastes so good, and the governor's true. It's no comig out of clos..... er, crisis I mean when you can't drink booze extensively.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Duritz - Do I detect a change in tune? ;)

Firstly, Hull/Barkley via a nationwide Radio web. :cool:

Nah, just talking through my hip pocket...

A majority of my state based bets were on the Republicans to win states. The betting was so skewed towards an Obama landslide that the real money to be made was backing the Republicans to hold states rather than the Democrats picking up swing states. Georgia, West Virginia, Arizona, Montana all paid between 1.20 and 1.51. Colorado was my only Democrat bet, it paid 1.26.

By about 5pm that evening I was sweating over a Republican victory in Montana while everyone else in the office was watching McCain conceed!

Reactions:
Were their any plans for a faster and upgunned version (using either 4 x 15" twins or 3 x 16" triples) of the KGV in OTL? (since 15" would have multiple spare barrels and was an extremely well proven design)...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sir Humphrey - The problems with Brabazon were as much with the concept as the engineering. I don't think there will ever be a mass market for a vast and luxurious Trans-Atlantic flying boat; it can never be fast enough to compete on speed but never as decadent as a cruise ship, it's in an unhappy middle ground.

That said it was so outlandish it would be a wonder to behold. :D

Arilou - The balance between being 'realistic' and following the vote is a tough one to be sure. Given how much enthusiasm there has been though I think I probably have to go with the latter, I can't ignore the will of my readers can I? ;)

Pwn*Star - Fight the good (sort of) fight sir, Garner can make it back over 10% and then onto the White House! (If he can stuff enough ballot boxes :D )

Hawkeye1489 - I'm using the electoral college map from here;

Clicky

Then setting it to the 1936 map to get the correct distribution. Which reminds me I have to ask Nathan Madien which one he used in his AAR, I believe it was slightly cleverer?

TheExecuter - Noted.

Faeelin - Equally noted.

Nathan Madien - The solid south is looking fairly shaky, clearly they still haven't forgiven the Democrats for the catastrophe that was Al Smith. Wise people.

trekaddict - Indeed sir, there was a report done on the Hood vs modern gunnery (mentioned in this very AAR in Chapter XXV) so the Admiralty knew there was a problem with the armour, there was just never the time nor budget to implement the necessary fixes. Particularly with the Hood spending so much time 'flying the flag' on port visits and high profile cruises.

Fortunately the (very) light damage she's suffered in game will allow the Admiralty to give her a good few months in drydock getting a thorough upgrade. :D

Funkatronica - Virgin territory for the Dems there, if it stay that way it's going Blue.

GeneralHannibal - California is the most voted in state thus far, it is the big battleground at the moment with 22 electoral college votes at stake. Yours has been added to the pile. ;)

Anazagar - Another fresh and untarnished state. If this keeps up it'll make things a lot easier when I'm filling in the electoral college map! :D

Duritz - I wouldn't have thought you'd be involved in filthy free market capitalism! :eek: I hope you immediately re-distributed all your winnings to those who made losing bets, to ensure fairness and equality for all. :D

Sir Humphrey - Definitely. Studies were done of 14", 15" and 16" options and the RN preference was for 3 x triple 15". (This is because you can't get 9 x 16", heavy armour and 28kts out of 35,000 tonnes, and all the designs were for treaty limits. Equally even during design everyone knew the quad 14" turrets would be a nightmare, which they duly were.)

Then of course the government then tried to save cash by pushing for 14" in the treaty, much to the annoyance of the Admiralty, and the OTL KG V emerged.

What comes out in TTL I leave for the coming re-armament updates. ;)

Latest Opinion Poll
Hull-Barkley (Democrats) - 45% (N/C)
Landon-Vandenberg (Republican) - 45% (-1%)
Garner-White (State's Rights) - 10% (+1%)

It's now a statistical dead heat between the front runners as Landon lacklustre campaigning over recent days starts to hurt his chances. With the candidates scattered to the corners of the country trying to pick up previously ignored states the rule books is being torn up as banker states become battlegrounds both parties feel they can win.

In better news for Garner a big push from his campaign team, both in his home state and other swing states, has seen him rise back above 10%. With the two main parties split by only fractions of a percent Garner could become the King Maker in November, and there can be little doubt he will extract a high price from both candidates for his support.

Reactions:
Hull/Barkle in Pennsylvania!

• 1Like
Reactions:
trekaddict - Indeed sir, there was a report done on the Hood vs modern gunnery (mentioned in this very AAR in Chapter XXV) so the Admiralty knew there was a problem with the armour, there was just never the time nor budget to implement the necessary fixes. Particularly with the Hood spending so much time 'flying the flag' on port visits and high profile cruises.

Good to see that I am not the only Gentleman who has a healthy intrest in keeping her alive.

In any case, in due time I will explain Hood's pre-AAR history some more on my own platform.

Reactions:
Landon-Vandenberg in Kansas!

Because drinking is all you can do when waiting to get killed by a tornado. Or a cow. . . flung from a tornado.

You can also learn how to fight bald supervillains.
Like this guy:
80536-18005-105403-1-action-comics_super.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
Then setting it to the 1936 map to get the correct distribution. Which reminds me I have to ask Nathan Madien which one he used in his AAR, I believe it was slightly cleverer?

I used that website to calculate my election outcomes. Then I searched the internet to find the appropriate election map and recolored it to match the calculation results.

Oh, yeah. I vote for Landon-Vandenberg. In your heart, you know he's right.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Aahhh, ic ic...very nice and handy little tool. But today, as the Republicans are sensing weakness in the otherwise solid South, Arthur Vandenberg makes stops in Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport, touring those Cities with Leonard Mason Spencer, the GOP Candidate for Governor of Louisiana. Vote for Landon-Vandenberg '36 in the State of Louisiana! lol

~Hawk

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Duritz - I wouldn't have thought you'd be involved in filthy free market capitalism! :eek: I hope you immediately re-distributed all your winnings to those who made losing bets, to ensure fairness and equality for all. :D

It was a redistribution... after my disasterous start to the EPL season! :(

Oh, and Hull/Barkley.

Hull tours the Carolina's while Barkley rallies the troops in Michigan. :cool:

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sorry if I missed it, but what are the current Naval treaties, and will you stick to them? Ridgid like in OTL or merely lip service because of "extraordinary measures"? Or just say that the Japanese are building something bigger and ergo restrictions can be quietly loosened...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Noticing a chink in the Solid South Armor, we offer a vote in the Magnolia State of Mississippi for Alf Landon and Art Vandenberg!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Dakotas vote republican - there's no better thing for long winter nights than a bottle of legal booze.

• 1Like
Reactions: