• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So El Pip, maybe time for another update?

• 1Like
Reactions:
definetley time for an update, although, with Churchill gone, i fear for the future of the Empire....

later, caff

• 1Like
Reactions:
I agree, why not have another update ;)

Not that I would want to lose the charm of the game going at half the speed of real life but...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello gentlemen (and possibly ladies)

Even by the lax standards of this AAR I have been somewhat tardy. In my defence I have had some form of horrendous disease, personally I think it was Hemorrhagic fever or possibly the Motaba virus. The doctor seemed to think acute tonsillitis though. In any case I've recovered and hope to do an update this very weekend.

Funkatronica - You can't keep a good man down and Churchill will not vanish from these pages. As for appeasement, public opinion is still firmly against that.

canonized - Due to the wonders of timing I was on holiday when the AARlander came out and was ill from the day after my return. However now I'm somewhat healthy-ish

The link to the interview with you that Funky was asking for.

Allenby - Keep going old boy. I'm told the slog is worth it.
ja.gif

caffran - Britain is not so fallen as to only have one man with courage and foresight in Parliament. Whether these other gentlemen come into office is another question though.

GeneralHannibal - Lots of people have suggested real time AARs but not gone through with them, as the only sub-real time AAR going I have a duty to keep the slow paced flag flying. :D

jalex - In a lab in the deep west of Londonshire I will attempt to break the laws of physics and produce an update. Although it could be messy and possibly a bit later than I hope. :)

Reactions:
El Pip said:
Hello gentlemen (and possibly ladies)

Even by the lax standards of this AAR I have been somewhat tardy. In my defence I have had some form of horrendous disease, personally I think it was Hemorrhagic fever or possibly the Motaba virus.

Time for a little 'Outbreak' reference :

- You want to be a general one day, Colonel ?
- Of course, sir !
- Well, that'll never happen. Now obey my orders.

The doctor seemed to think acute tonsillitis though.

Ha ! What does he know ? Remember that an apple a day keeps the doctor away - especially if you have good aim.

In any case I've recovered and hope to do an update this very weekend.

So now, soldier, nownownownownowNOW !

• 1Like
Reactions:
El Pip said:
GeneralHannibal - Lots of people have suggested real time AARs but not gone through with them, as the only sub-real time AAR going I have a duty to keep the slow paced flag flying. :D

Not the only one. Allenby's and Sir Hump's might also be near real-time, although not so much slower as yours.

• 1Like
Reactions:
GeneralHannibal said:
Not the only one. Allenby's and Sir Hump's might also be near real-time, although not so much slower as yours.
I think both of those are just over real time.

Sacred Grove has been going since May '05 (27 months) and has gone from Jan '36 to April 38 (28 months). Close though

British Interests I think technically starts 1897 (Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee) so has over 10 years done since it started.

Thus I still claim the less than real-time throne as my own! Mwuhahahah! :D

Reactions:
El Pip said:
I think both of those are just over real time.

Sacred Grove has been going since May '05 (27 months) and has gone from Jan '36 to April 38 (28 months). Close though

British Interests I think technically starts 1897 (Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee) so has over 10 years done since it started.

Thus I still claim the less than real-time throne as my own! Mwuhahahah! :D

Oh, well, if you do British Interests from when the game starts it might be about even, but your definitely is the slowest ratio. However, A World in Flames by Commander-DK might be about the same speed, been going on since around July 1 and it is on January 14 now, but a fair amount of updates.

Reactions:
Far below 'Bingo' fuel state, unable to maintain holding pattern...

I say El Pip, you really are taking this 'less than 1:1 time' thing seriously, aren't you? Not that I'm complaining old boy, but there are some chaps here who are probably going to shuffle off to that great mess tent in the sky before you finish this AAR!

Please delight us with another chapter, and remember that the Webley is always an option for an enraged Winston - he could use it at his farewell supper at Number 10 - wouldn't that wipe the smile off his deceitful fellow minister's faces? :rofl:

Reactions:
Update pretty please?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm beginning to think that El Pip was nothing more than a group hallucination... :(

• 1Haha
Reactions:
No, No...El Pip is a leisurely updater...like me! So...I'm willing to wait for a while for a new update, if I have to. :(

That said, whenever you are ready El Pip, we'll take an update! :cool:

TheExecuter

• 1Like
Reactions:
Jalex - It's the only throne on offer so I'll grasp it with both hands!

RAFspeak - I agree the update speed is perhaps even slower than it needs to be to reach my less than 1:1 goal, but frankly I can't find the time to write. How other writers manage I have no idea, at all.

GeneralHannibal - I am still working on it. Have faith.

Duritz - A hallucination, that would be like finding out what the IC plan is in the UK Co-op. Promised, discussed, argued over. But never actually seen. I wonder which lazy updater is responsible for that.... :p

TheExecuter - It's exactly that kind of supportive and useful post that won you fan of the week. Patient yet demanding, perfect!

The next update is about half done and the other half is working late tonight so, with a bit of luck, I'll be able to finish and post the next part this very evening. Does that sate the mob for now?

Reactions:
when you said 'update this very evening' exactly what day/week../month? were you thinking of?? :confused:

later, caff

• 1Like
Reactions: