• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry j'ordos, as someone who failed maths that just reads as "blah, blah, blah" so...

Planes in Spain!

Dury.

Reactions:
Surely the Empire will send their team to South America in trusty Empire Flying Boats using Air to Air refuelling. :cool:

"By 1938 (Sir Alan Cobham) had used Flight Refuelling Ltd.'s looped-hose system to refuel aircraft as large as the Short Empire flying boat Cambria from an Armstrong Whitworth AW.23. Handley Page Harrows were used in the 1939 trials to aerial refuel the Empire flying boats for regular transatlantic crossings. From August 5 to October 1, 1939, sixteen crossings of the Atlantic were made by Empire flying boats, with fifteen crossings using FRL's aerial refuelling system. (Excerpt from Wikipedia's article on Aerial refuelling)

Now that's resolved El Pip will be able to finish his South American interlude and turn his attention to the planes in Spain (add one vote for Spanish Fly ing)

Reactions:
H.Appleby - After all these years I'd like to think I know a few of my regular readers. :)

SirCliveWolfe - You've never lacked ambition have you Wolfey? Alas tempting as it is I'm going to have to pass on the space borne SHBBs, like Kurtie's flying dreadnoughts they are too beautiful an idea for mere plausibility.

Duritz - I'm not getting the reference so I'm assuming something Australian. Was Dr Hewson's trying to lead a fightback against corks hanging from hats? Outlawing the budgie smuggler?

C&D / Carlstadt Boy - A pattern in the voting is emerging.

j'ordos - You don't know what your missing out by turning down Bathythermography, truly it's... a subject.

Duritz - You couldn't be an ALP supporter if you'd passed maths.
IndeedSir.gif
( :D )

C&D - Truly a dedicated performance.

bdr10 - Perhaps, certainly air-to-air refuelling by Mr. Cobham (as he was then) and Trans-Atlantic Short Empires have already cropped in this AAR (Chapter 77 for those keeping track). But that was posted 5 years ago so may not be freshest in everyone's mind. ;)

The Planes in Spain - 37
The Edge of Reason in South America - 28

I think the planes have it, a nine vote lead is pretty formidable given the level of turnout. Alarmingly this will be the last post of the page, depriving me of my usual excuse for not updating. However in better news I have actually started the next update and I must say I'm pleased with the direction it's taking.

Reactions:
Kurt_Steiner - But is that any difference from usual Kurtie? Or is this a new sort of odd?

Touché...

This time is as if Jim Hacker got to No 10 to see that good old sir Humpy Appleby had been replaced by the outstanding Baldrick.

That kind of odd feeling, you see...

Reactions:
Duritz - I'm not getting the reference so I'm assuming something Australian. Was Dr Hewson's trying to lead a fightback against corks hanging from hats? Outlawing the budgie smuggler?

We thought about it but then what would all those Liberal pollies wear?!? The options were too terrifying to consider.

WARNING - Don't watch after eating!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...rse-of-the-budgie-smuggler-20091202-k53b.html

The Planes in Spain - 37
The Edge of Reason in South America - 28

I think the planes have it, a nine vote lead is pretty formidable given the level of turnout. Alarmingly this will be the last post of the page, depriving me of my usual excuse for not updating. However in better news I have actually started the next update and I must say I'm pleased with the direction it's taking.

Hooray for Victory, onward soldiers of the Republic! Well, at least their crappy planes...

Dury

Reactions:
Kurt, what part of "don't post until the update goes on the top of the page" do you not understand?

Will I never get my Short Brothers update?

*Sigh*

Now we have another page to fill with votes for Spanish planes just in case the South Americans try to rig the vote that we rigged last time.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
South America will never die! (until Ebola)

Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:

Are you sure? I could come back every 5 minutes and make a new vote you know :p (Qué viva América!)
Although as long as both items will get an update I'm happy, the way this is going we're waiting almost as long for the update on the item coming first as on the item coming last ;)

Reactions:
I'm particularly amused to see the 'planes' voters thinking they are winning because their vote totals are higher.

This is El Pip we are talking about. The next update will have nothing at all to do with planes or South America, I bet.

Vote South America!

Reactions:
Kurt_Steiner - FDR as Jim Hacker, not a parallel I would have thought of but one I approve of.

Duritz - Labour politicians presumably have to wear some form of armoured swim wear to stop their colleagues stabbing them in the back?

Davout - Kurtie has done a great service in buying me more time. A service you seem determined to undo.

That said there may, or may not, be Short Brothers in the next update.

H.Appleby - There is a thin line between never say die and flogging a dead horse. ;)

j'ordos - The majestic and measured pace between updates is part of the appeal, or so I am told.

TheExecuter - You know me too well. :D

The Planes in Spain - 38
The Edge of Reason in South America - 30

Reactions:
I live on the edge, another fifty lashes for the dead horse.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Duritz - Labour politicians presumably have to wear some form of armoured swim wear to stop their colleagues stabbing them in the back?

That's Labor, not Labour, revealing our Irish Catholic roots and the poor education system of the 1890's... and we don't go swimming. We have no need as, unlike Harold Holt, we could legitimately visit the Soviet Union without ruining our careers... :)

Planes in Spain.

Dury.

Reactions:
Continue smacking the pulpy substance which may have once been a horse.

Another vote for South America.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Kurt, what part of "don't post until the update goes on the top of the page" do you not understand?

Damn my memory.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Davout - Kurtie has done a great service in buying me more time. A service you seem determined to undo.

May I call me sir Kurtie, MBE?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I vote for The Planes in Spain because I have done so in the past. That's a good enough justification, right?

Continue smacking the pulpy substance which may have once been a horse.

*feels nauseous all of a sudden*

• 1Like
Reactions:
And even more planes in Spain.

Dury.

• 1Like
Reactions: