• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
/hangs head in deepest shame

I... I prefer coffee to the Drink which Made the Empire Great! :eek:

/runs out of the room, sobbing uncontrollably

You can always hook up with us furriners. :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
/hangs head in deepest shame

I... I prefer coffee to the Drink which Made the Empire Great! :eek:

/runs out of the room, sobbing uncontrollably

The Drink which Made the Empire Great! ...Tea? Piffle! Cocoa is the drink of the Royal Navy! And the Fleet is the Heart of the Empire!

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Very good, Pippy. I understand the romance of the anarchist movement, but how that emotion can survive past the moment one considers what it would be like to conduct a war in that fashion remains a mystery to me. Looking forward to more tank pr0n!

Vann

Reactions:
Duritz - Based on past experience the current tanks update will grow vastly beyond my plans and there will end up being a 'tanks in the north' and a 'tanks in the south' update. So I can promise a T-26 Regiment on the road to Madrid, the H35s may have to wait.

Nathan Madien - No tea? Well the Paddington Anarchy may well be for you.

RAFspeak - I wish I could say words of support, but frankly you should be ashamed. How can you not drink the sweet nectar of RAF tea?

KiMaSa - Very true. :D

DonnieBaseball - The Royal Navy had a carefully considered cycle of cocoa, rum and pink gin, arranged for optimum morale, alertness and not being so drunk your navigator crashed the ship into Gibraltar.
ja.gif

Vann the Red - Lots of very bad military ideas drag on far past common sense, commissars in the Soviet Army being the obvious parallel, so I can see them sticking with it for quite some time. Certainly while they're still winning.

And yes to tanks and their long thrusting barrels!

Reactions:
Hmm, a double helping of sweet, sweet tank pr0n!

You heard the man... to the top of the next page, and step on it driver! :D

Dury

Reactions:
Gin and Tonic, sir, Gin and Tonic!

And if El Pip is feeling really mad, he can probably turn THAT one into an entire update of it's own...

Yes, he probably could, so don't distract him. There's tanks a comin'!

Dury

• 1Like
Reactions:
Duritz - I knew I could rely on your enthusiasm for tanks. And don't worry, I've started on the tanks so can't get distracted by Gin. Well not by writing about Gin anyway. ;)

RobbieAB - G&T as an update... I'm thinking a update on US politics, prohibition and US-Canadian trade seen through the eyes of Gordon's Gin as they try and setup a new factory to supply Gin to the Americas.

That or an update about Imperial defence, industrialisation and trade as the influx of RN and Dominion Air Forces in Singapore prompts a gin boom as officers try to dodge Malaria through drinking.

It would certainly be a challenge, and one I may take up later. But only after the tanks.

Reactions:
RobbieAB - G&T as an update... I'm thinking a update on US politics, prohibition and US-Canadian trade seen through the eyes of Gordon's Gin as they try and setup a new factory to supply Gin to the Americas.

I can just imagine Landon's reaction to Gordon's Gin:

"Gordon's Gin? Is that some kind of stain removal? If it is, I will support bringing Gordon's Gin to America. After all, I need to keep my white suits looking spotless."

• 1Haha
Reactions:

That or an update about Imperial defence, industrialisation and trade as the influx of RN and Dominion Air Forces in Singapore prompts a gin boom as officers try to dodge Malaria through drinking.

I was actually thinking more of the theory that the reason the British managed to acquire the empire was down to drinking Gin and Tonic...

The major problem all European nations faced with tropical dominions was was the prevalence of malaria in the tropics. One of the chemical components in tonic water is quinine which has, amongst many other properties, anti-malarial effects. The theory essentially runs that the British were successful in the tropics because they drank lots of gin and tonic. :)

And if you can turn a full fledged explanation of THAT theory into a relevant update... ;)

Reactions:
Is there anything in this AAR that does not become a topic? Should I utter a word and we all place bets on how long Pip will take to make an update on that subject?

"Utter"...that should get an update! :p

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Is there anything in this AAR that does not become a topic? Should I utter a word and we all place bets on how long Pip will take to make an update on that subject?

The start of the Second World War?

I don't see Germany getting anywhere near to invading Poland in this AAR this side of the Fourth Great and Bountiful Human Empire.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The start of the Second World War?

I don't see Germany getting anywhere near to invading Poland in this AAR this side of the Fourth Great and Bountiful Human Empire.

It will come...eventually...when we are all old and bald.

Reactions:
Reactions:
It will come...eventually...when we are all old and bald.

Maybe not bald--just read about accidental discovery of a cure for baldness--in lab mice, anyway.

As for "the war", who needs it? We have tractors and riveting and now the intricacies of pink gin and the like to keep us entertained for who knows how long!

Reactions: