• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Seems like operations in Libya went fabulously. How is the domestic Italian situation?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Fulcrumvale: I hate the AI...

yes, sometimes it can really be a pain in the arse ! ! :rolleyes:

• 1Like
Reactions:
GeneralHannibal said:
How is the domestic Italian situation?

Focusing on the effects on the war of the opinions of Lombardian olive growers, or something of the like, no doubt. :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hmmm... It would seem to me that a man who agitates so fiercely for updates in the threads of others should take care of his own. :nods:

Vann

• 1Like
Reactions:
Vann the Red said:
Hmmm... It would seem to me that a man who agitates so fiercely for updates in the threads of others should take care of his own.
Perhaps, but as your the first person to even vaguely post about wanting an update I think I'm allowed a double standard. Now if I had mobs and threats of being dragged to the tower/dungeon/somewhere else it would be a different matter.

Glad people liked Chapter XXX and a half, sadly the situation for Lombardian oil growers will have to wait as a real update, with maps no less, is being prepared. Of course as its with maps I've spent most of tonight sorting the background out, luckily the actual map-making is pretty quick.

Reactions:
El Pip said:
Perhaps, but as your the first person to even vaguely post about wanting an update I think I'm allowed a double standard. Now if I had mobs and threats of being dragged to the tower/dungeon/somewhere else it would be a different matter.

Glad people liked Chapter XXX and a half, sadly the situation for Lombardian oil growers will have to wait as a real update, with maps no less, is being prepared. Of course as its with maps I've spent most of tonight sorting the background out, luckily the actual map-making is pretty quick.

If you don't update we'll drag you to Mogadishu!

And leave you with a big shirt saying "I'm American, Shoot Me!".

UPDATE!!!!

• 1Haha
Reactions:
GeneralHannibal said:

UPDATE!!!!

That's a little harsh, don't you think?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
GeneralHannibal said:

I didn't think Maryland was a part of France. W.t.f.i.t.s.?!! :mad:

It's always good to have updates - I'm fine with him taking his time as long as the quality stays good, which seems to be how it works around heya. So, I dunno - you twose lay off or be funnier. :p
j.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I for one, would love to see a naval battle :D

And, El Pip, How do you get do those maps? Do you have some kind of special program or do you just use MS paint?

• 1Like
Reactions:
English Patriot said:
I for one, would love to see a naval battle :D

And, El Pip, How do you get do those maps? Do you have some kind of special program or do you just use MS paint?
Your lucky day naval battleage is the next update. Your, and everyone elses, unlucky day I'm off to enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend so not writing for a Pip till Tuesday.

The maps are Paint Shop Pros finest, although Allenby produces similar if not better results with the vector drawing tool in excel. Somehow.

Reactions:
And they even gave you prizes and stuff!

Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2:
The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR by El Pip (6)
<<<incidentally, this was my vote. I want my cut! :)
1914-1924 'British interests; British honour; British obligations' by Allenby (5)
Olympians, we stand forever! A Greek Doomsday AAR by Tribolute (4)
„The great seminal catastrophe of the 20th century“ - A 1914 AAR by Black Guardian (2)
Dar al-Islam: The House of Submission by soonerborn0524 (2)
Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR by Lord E
Last Sons of Mars by Technique
Great Ambitions - A Guangxi Clique Attempt at Chinese Domination by Myth
From The Ashes, Into The Fire - A 1936 Iraq DD AAR by Elias Tafarius
Lamps Before the Wind - A Japanese Revival by Myth
One for the History Books by Riptide

• 1Like
Reactions:
Dear El Pip ,

Since you were so kind to drop me a line on my AAR and told me that you've begun reading I wanted to return the favour and drop this line with you and also to tell you that I'll be taking up reading your AAR in the coming days and I'm looking forward to it !

I also wanted to congratulate you on winning in the AARland Choice Awards ! I've made an acceptance speech for my awards already so I wanted to encourage you to do the same since I believe it will help enliven the community and also get some cool feedback from the authors themselves (Anon gave it his blessing if you were wondering )!

Sincerely ,
canonized

Reactions:
El Pip said:
The maps are Paint Shop Pros finest, although Allenby produces similar if not better results with the vector drawing tool in excel. Somehow.

The results are pretty excellent given that they're made on MS Paint. :eek:

Reactions:
Before updatery, comment replies;

Jape - East Africa, as always it seems, is not in this update. But rest assured the South Africa contribution, General Smut's military mission is on its way.

Allenby - Does this indicate you have worked your way through the archives? Or are you just drawn mystically to any post your name appears in? :D

canonized - New reader! Woot!

Llywelyn - In the unlikely event the Pope makes it into this AAR and I find myself needing the name of a cardinal I'll name him after you. OK?

madsb - Bread? No. Circuses? No. Update? Yes.

caffran - Naval Battle ahoy! Sort of. ;)

Nathan Madien - Your going to have to look forward a bit further, but console yourself with this update.

Honestly I was going to knock this into one huge update, but as I won the award I thought I'd better probably update. So here is Part I, its got a map an everything.
ja.gif

Reactions:
El Pip said:
Llywelyn - In the unlikely event the Pope makes it into this AAR and I find myself needing the name of a cardinal I'll name him after you. OK?

Awww... :(

• 1Like
Reactions:
Llywelyn said:
It would take a stronger willed man than I not to be moved by such a display of pathetic crushed-ness. Suitable changes to the update have been made.

Which, as luck would have it, is now on the top of the next page.

Last edited:
Reactions: