• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All I'm ging to say is that if Gregory Peck portrayed him, he must be alright.

Also another +1 for tractors and a desire to get back to more interesting subject matter, such as tanks.

Reactions:
Utter crap... and I'm not talking about your vote for tractors either! :D

Pearl was hit first, it was still pre dawn on Guam and Wake. They weren't hit until after the signal "Air raid, Pearl Harbour. This is not a drill" was sent out by the commander of Ford Naval Station.

The signal got through, at 2.30am Manila time, and Admiral Hart was up at 3am dispersing his vessels. General Brereton was requesting permission to bomb Formosa from shortly after but didn't get it until 11am and his planes were on the ground arming when the Japanese appeared overhead at 12.40pm (they'd been delayed by fog on Formosa). [source: The Pacific Campaign by Dan Van Der Vat, pg 26-30]

Hmm, seems I can't blame Dawn after all... back to MacArthur then...

+1 Republican Spain.

Dury.

:) It appears that my reading on WWII is quite outdated then. I suppose I should get more material for this esp. when it relates to my own country. Our own scholars are way too focused on documenting the guerrilla campaigns then than on the wider picture. Must come with most of them being leftist-influenced. :rolleyes:

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I suspect it would have more to do with trying to hide the fact you picked a dud as your military leader but don't worry, after he cocked up your country we employed him to cock up ours! :(

However Davout is right, as he most always is (except for the whole tractors thingy). Back to tanks I say!

Oh, and Republican Spain +1.

Cheers,
Dury.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think this post's mostly filler.

+1 Tractors.

Oh, look. A new page. Must be time for a TANK update!
<digs Pip in the ribs>

• 1Haha
Reactions:
All I'm ging to say is that if Gregory Peck portrayed him, he must be alright.

I like that movie. :)

Another day, another vote for Landon.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I suspect it would have more to do with trying to hide the fact you picked a dud as your military leader but don't worry, after he cocked up your country we employed him to cock up ours! :(

Tell that to Manuel Quezon, the patrician guy thought he had a decent choice when he picked him in 1935. Oh that reminds me, Eisenhower WAS Quezon's speechwriter during that time... maybe have him become the military man he trusts instead? Would make for a cool idea at the very least. Vote +1 Spain AND Tractors. We're not talking about US politics, we're talking Philippines here.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Damn, another page of spa... erm, voting before Pip's next update! :eek:o

+1 Republican Spain

Dury.

• 1Like
Reactions:
If tank pron is even a possible option, I must cast my vote that way.

Vann

• 1Like
Reactions:
See, Dury. All the cool kids want tractors.

+1 tractors, and on my knees praying for a tank update before Easter.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
There was a young boy who always loved tractors. He had posters, pictures, toys, a doona cover... everything was tractor related. Then, when he turned 15 he visited a farm and was watching a tractor at work when he fell down an embankment and the tractor ran over his foot. He spent months in recovery and only walked without a limp after 18 months. Needless to say he lost all interest in tractors and threw out all his paraphenalia...

Years later he was in a bar talking to a pretty young woman. Unfortunately it was a very smokey bar and she was constantly coughing. Noticing her discomfort he promised to fix the problem. Standing up he released his breath, and in one big breath sucked in all the smoke in the whole bar. Then he walked outside and released it all.

The patrons, and especially the young woman, were all astounded at this feat and she asked him, "How did you do that?"

The man turned to her and said with a shrug...

"I'm an ex-tractor fan."

+1 Republican Spain.

Cheers,
Dury.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Urg...

...after that 'humour' (which was most amusing, BTW :D ), I sentence you to be used as a strafing target for the new Hurricane squadrons! :p

I suppose I'll add +1 vote to Spain, as maybe the RAF or FAA will be let out of their boxes that way... :rofl:

• 1Haha
Reactions: