• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another vote for Anglo-French industrial relations!

• 1Like
Reactions:
The true challenge would be to tie in the windmills with the peruvian-ecuadorian border conflict (where the other side would be at a severe (dis?)advantage since they use only watermills) :D

El Pip could do an expose about the covert war between windmills and watermills. Man, it's ugly.

Reactions:
El Pip could do an expose about the covert war between windmills and watermills. Man, it's ugly.

I understand that in the USA it may be sensitive, but here in the Netherlands they tolerate one another. Windmills and watermills can sit down together in a café and have friendly conversations even on this normally touchy subject. Here they work hand in hand, as one generates electricity that pumps the water for the other, with windmills performing tasks usually reserved for watermills. And while the watermills are definately in the minority, they do not feel persecuted or like they need to prove themselves superior to windmills.

Now sadly, this is not how it is through the rest of the world. In South American countries like Peru, the percieved differences between wind and watermills have at times caused very ugly conflicts. And in Australia and New Zeeland the two groups are both accusing each other of not doing enough to stop the floods or help in the rescue of quake victims, both of them saying all this destruction would have been unnecessary if they had played a bigger role in the infrastructure, totally forgotting the issue that people have died and this is no time to fight amongst eachother! And the less said about the Middle Eastern conflict between water and windmills, the better.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I understand that in the USA it may be sensitive...

I think the word "sensitive" is an understatement. It is a taboo subject, likely to get you booed by either Fox News or MSNBC depending on your political view point.

Reactions:
Anglo-French industrial relations.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Anglo-French industrial relations!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Little had I realised there were such strong feelings in the world of wind vs water mills. Dare I even ask how those two groups view the new fangled steam engine?

Peruvian-Ecuadorian border clashes - 5 votes
Japan's poking everybody with sticks - 2 Votes
Franco-British industrial relations - 10 Votes
Windmills vs Watermills. This time it's personal - 7 Votes (though if you count the people talking about it but not actually voting, it's a clear lead)

Fine spamming on both sides, though the industrial mob are winning out through being more bloody minded. Less discussion and more voting may well clinch matters for the millers.

Can I just note the actual war/combat/fighting updates continue to linger at the end of the voting. There may well be some significance to that, but it's too late at night for me to work out what!

Reactions:
Another vote for industrial relations.

It occurs to me that windmills could be worked into the industrial update, much earlier UK windfarms? ;)

Reactions:
Another vote for industrial relations.

It occurs to me that windmills could be worked into the industrial update, much earlier UK windfarms? ;)

That will just give Labour something else to nationalize.

Reactions:
DonnieBaseball - Earlier UK wind-farms? Not a chance, this is back in the day when reliability and low price were most important in power generation, something all wind power fundamentally fails at. But I appreciate the idea and the attempts at peacemaking between the factions. :)

Nathan Madien - If the country had worried about that then nothing would ever get done.... Actually that makes a lot of sense and does help explain much of the 1970s in Britain. Sadly.

Reactions: