• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I must admit I was caught by surprise by this update.

Reactions:
C&D/H.Appleby - While I never intended it, as you both point out this update does in fact fit with whatever wins the vote. Sometimes there is method in the madness of these diversions. And sometimes there is just dumb luck.

j'ordos - But what of the update?

Lord Strange - Zeppelins may be a cliche, but Butterfly is not exactly short on cliches anyway so what is more to the pile?

Kurt_Steiner - As was I by writing it, if nothing else I was surprised I got it finished before the World Cup started. In any case was it a pleasant surprise? I do hope so.

Jape - If any sport was going to turn up in an update I really thought it would be cricket or rugby that would make it in first, somehow it wasn't though.

Ridiculous and believable is a good combination, so I'm pleased you think I'm achieving it.

Current tally;

The Planes in Spain - 11
The Edge of Reason in South America - 9

It's getting closer and I'll admit I'm wondering if I can work in an earlier 'Football War' into the South American update. Rest assured though, the result will be respected.

Reactions:
Thank you for the update, Pip, although I am still waiting for the Ashes update as there were some cracking games in the 1937-38 tour. I also note that France & the Home Nations also split over Rugby in the 1930's so the antipathy was not limited to the round ball game.

As to the S America air race, at the risk of stealing thunder, I believe the Empire may have a Short solution to the problem.

And we are at the bottom of the page. Time for an update.

Reactions:
A Race across the Atlantic to deliver football teams for a world cup, with Zeppelins?
What more could one want from an alternate time line!

QFT! What a fun divergence!

• 1Like
Reactions:
lLord. I left for 2 years.. And this is still going on?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you for the update, Pip, although I am still waiting for the Ashes update as there were some cracking games in the 1937-38 tour.

It's taken several months but I have finally made it to the (current) end of this AAR and have enjoyed it immensely.

Now my dream has come true and I get to participate in a vote.

Hmmm. South American squabbles, Spanish squabbles or zeppelins loaded with squabbling soccer officials?:unsure:

I vote for Frank Packer's Empire Series Cricket and squabbling Cricket officials.......or more Zeppelins.;)

Reactions:
Now the real excitement will be if the two sides in Spain send two (or three, or four or however many) teams, each claiming to be the official team of the nation.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Davout - I admire your ambition in hoping for an update and while I will try and get cricket in this at some point, I think I probably should try and at least advance the main story at some point. Just for the novelty if nothing else.

You are also a shameless thunder thief, luckily I have more than just that up my sleeve for the next update.

Jape - Very kind of you sir. I may repay the favour by shamelessly stealing your description of this AAR as I felt they were bang on.

CatKnight - Thanks! I'll confess I wasn't 100% sure what sort of reception that would get, but so far I've been pleasantly surprised.

NERFGEN - "I am as constant as the North Star", though less reliable. But also less likely to be stabbed in the back by ambitious rivals, so there is that.

bdr10 - Well congratulations on catching up and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I can guarantee you more Airships in the next update regardless of the vote, however I think that particular Packer is more likely to be found mucking about with Yachts than Cricket. ;)

H.Appleby - Now that would be interesting. FIFA at the time was all about spreading the game and didn't really have any eligibility requirements beyond making sure the member paid their subscription (A detail I couldn't squeeze in - FIFA's Dutch General Secretary in the 1920s lost all the organisations money investing in the stock market. Or he just stole it but it couldn't be proved, sources differ. Much like today FIFAs internal workings are a bit of a mystery so it's hard to be sure.)

However I am going to have to resist temptation and try to get this beast at least somewhere close to back on track.

Current tally;

The Planes in Spain - 11
The Edge of Reason in South America - 10

Very close, very close indeed.

Reactions:
I'll tie it up, one vote for South America.

As for a cricket update, by all means!

Reactions:
One more vote for Czech LTP in South America!

j'ordos - But what of the update?

There was an update? :eek:
j/k, 't was a fine and unexpected update the likes of which we've come to expect. In fact if you want to capitalize on the current World Championship by all means go ahead and shoehorn more zeppelins in! :)

Reactions:
H.Appleby - I think I'm due an Imperial politics update in the future, Imperial Preference is still a mess and there is the future of the Dominion's tank forces to consider as well, so I may well tie in some cricket to that.

Carlstadt Boy - Nice and simple.

j'ordos - There will be airships, what would alt-history be without airships? ;)

Nathan Madien - Thanks for the vote of confidence. :D

GFW - Is this a Latin American comeback I'm seeing?

Current tally;

The Planes in Spain - 11
The Edge of Reason in South America - 13

Not long to the bottom of the page, not long at all, and then back to Zeppelins.

Reactions:
I forgot to vote! Let's see...

The Planes in Spain - 11
The Edge of Reason in South America - 13

Hmm...I vote for "The Edge of Reason in South America" because the title is so mysterious. What's the edge of reason in South America? By voting for it, I'll get an answer.

Reactions:
I'll also vote for The Edge of Reason in South America.

Reactions:
The end of the page approacheth and woe betide the poster who starts the new page if their name does not end in Pip.

In the time honoured tradition of this AAR, I vote for Planes in Spain, again. But let's be honest, any update would do.

Reactions: