+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Thread: Dawn in the East--A Japan AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Rensslaer View Post
    How did finals go?

Where'd you go?

Rensslaer
    Oops.

I got distracted by working full-time. There's not a lot of free time right now. Hopefully, this weekend sees another update.
    "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver" --Proverbs 25:11

WritAAR of the week: Feb. 12, 2006, Sep. 19, 2006
    CharactAAR writAAR of the week: Jan. 1, 2007

Dawn in the East
    "Her Home is on the Deep"

Unhappy Well, that's it...

Folks, my computer just died completely. Looks like the hard drive and/or the motherboard are fried. This is immensely frustrating for me, given how much time I have devoted to this AAR over the past five (?!) years.

And now, I have a decision to make while I wait for my new computer to arrive. Should I:
    a) Try to reconstruct my Victoria game and this AAR, trying to keep going.
    b) Start a new Victoria AAR
    c) Start an AAR for EU3*
    d) Cry in the corner.

*: I have found that I really enjoy EU3, so if I were to do an AAR for a different Paradox game, this would be my choice.

All: Thanks for your readership over the life of this AAR - it has meant a lot to me as I have grown as a writAAR.
    "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver" --Proverbs 25:11

Dawn in the East

The Emperor's stool pigeon FlorisDeVijfde's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    MagickaSemper Fi500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

D is not an option! Get yourself together private

Your dialogues in this AAR were great, you must seek a way to incorporate that into your new AAR. Since you enjoy EU3 so much, an AAR there could become just as good or even better than this one because of that. Therefor I vote C

Lord of Slower-than-real-time El Pip's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyDeus VultHearts of Iron IIISemper FiSword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by FlorisDeVijfde View Post
    Your dialogues in this AAR were great, you must seek a way to incorporate that into your new AAR. Since you enjoy EU3 so much, an AAR there could become just as good or even better than this one because of that. Therefor I vote C
    I concur. If I enjoy something I normally make a better job of it and look forward to doing it, so if you enjoy EU3 more than Vicki ten it's the obvious choice.
    The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR - The finest and most spectacularly slower-than-real-time British AAR on the board. Updated 11th February 2014 featuring Soviet prop shafts, begging Italian admirals and spicy Royal Netherlands Navy indecision.

Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 - The award winning characters Tiso and Tuka attempt to save Slovakia from defeat and destruction. It probably wont end well. It definitely did win an AARland Choice Comedy Award. Updated 16th September 2013. Voting is still technically ongoing in the 'Which Malar' mystery, but it has been for quite some time.

Furious Vengeance - A 1944 UK AAR - My actual best work - Winner of the 2009 Iron HeAARt Award

The other works

Well, was a sorry what happen to you(that is sad) but for you, better don't cry, start an AAR in EU3(if you can, one about creating Germany in EU3), i really like your style,was awesome and keep details about the japanesse.

Att
    Nivek von Beldo

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Well, after you follow through with D, I'd hope for any of the three previous choices.

Sad to hear this fj44, but I look forward to seeing you writing on this or any other AAR soon once the computer issue is worked out.
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Oh, grr! I'm so sorry to hear that, Stephen!

But fear not!

I do not believe in "fate" but perhaps this was fated to happen so you could get a new computer just in time for Victoria 2 to appear!

And, if I may humbly suggest E) keep the storyline and attempt to replicate it in Victoria 2! You could even copy your posts over into the new V2 AAR forum, keep the storyline going -- a shame to leave it go after so much work and planning has gone into it (unless you're really tired of it).

So... Think about it! Victoria 2 will work quite differently from V1, but not differently enough that I think you couldn't get to a reasonably similar spot.

Aug 13 is release date. And it's a great game!

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

I thank you all for your words of encouragement. I just received an e-mail indicating that my new computer will be waiting for me when I get home this evening.

Oh, grr! I'm so sorry to hear that, Stephen!

But fear not!

I do not believe in "fate" but perhaps this was fated to happen so you could get a new computer just in time for Victoria 2 to appear!

And, if I may humbly suggest E) keep the storyline and attempt to replicate it in Victoria 2! You could even copy your posts over into the new V2 AAR forum, keep the storyline going -- a shame to leave it go after so much work and planning has gone into it (unless you're really tired of it).

So... Think about it! Victoria 2 will work quite differently from V1, but not differently enough that I think you couldn't get to a reasonably similar spot.

Aug 13 is release date. And it's a great game!

Rensslaer
    From what I've heard, V2 has HUGE potential, and I am excited to purchase the game.

As far as my plans go, I think I'm going to follow Rensslaer's suggestion that Dawn in the East be ported over to V2. However, in the interim, I think I'm going to write an AAR for EU3, probably gameplay-based.

Once more, I'd like to thank all of you for your support and insights.

Dawn in the East

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by fj44 View Post
    I thank you all for your words of encouragement. I just received an e-mail indicating that my new computer will be waiting for me when I get home this evening.

From what I've heard, V2 has HUGE potential, and I am excited to purchase the game.

As far as my plans go, I think I'm going to follow Rensslaer's suggestion that Dawn in the East be ported over to V2. However, in the interim, I think I'm going to write an AAR for EU3, probably gameplay-based.

Once more, I'd like to thank all of you for your support and insights.
    Excellent to hear!

Have you started the EU 3 yet? Gosh, I don't know what I'm going to do if you play a country where haiku would be considered inappropriate! Someone else may have to figure a way to prod you to update more frequently...

You'll like V2 -- ALOT!

Renss
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

Excellent to hear!

Have you started the EU 3 yet? Gosh, I don't know what I'm going to do if you play a country where haiku would be considered inappropriate! Someone else may have to figure a way to prod you to update more frequently...

You'll like V2 -- ALOT!

Renss
    I have started the EU3 AAR, and have posted my first update. Also, I invested a post in a table of contents...something I wish I had thought of early on in Dawn in the East.

The subject is England, so i'm sure you will be able to think up some suitably obnoxious way to get me to update more often. Too bad time is in such short supply lately...

Having read some of the beta AARs, I am literally salivating over the thought of owning V2. If actual implementation meshes with what has been promised...I may never buy another game!

Dawn in the East

All: This AAR has been successfully ported to Victoria 2, and started in that forum.

The Continuation

Thanks for your viewership and support!

Dawn in the East

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26