• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, that's it...

Folks, my computer just died completely. Looks like the hard drive and/or the motherboard are fried. This is immensely frustrating for me, given how much time I have devoted to this AAR over the past five (?!) years.

And now, I have a decision to make while I wait for my new computer to arrive. Should I:
a) Try to reconstruct my Victoria game and this AAR, trying to keep going.
b) Start a new Victoria AAR
c) Start an AAR for EU3*
d) Cry in the corner.

*: I have found that I really enjoy EU3, so if I were to do an AAR for a different Paradox game, this would be my choice.

All: Thanks for your readership over the life of this AAR - it has meant a lot to me as I have grown as a writAAR.

D is not an option! Get yourself together private :D

Your dialogues in this AAR were great, you must seek a way to incorporate that into your new AAR. Since you enjoy EU3 so much, an AAR there could become just as good or even better than this one because of that. Therefor I vote C

Your dialogues in this AAR were great, you must seek a way to incorporate that into your new AAR. Since you enjoy EU3 so much, an AAR there could become just as good or even better than this one because of that. Therefor I vote C
I concur. If I enjoy something I normally make a better job of it and look forward to doing it, so if you enjoy EU3 more than Vicki ten it's the obvious choice.

Well, after you follow through with D, I'd hope for any of the three previous choices. :)

Sad to hear this fj44, but I look forward to seeing you writing on this or any other AAR soon once the computer issue is worked out.

Oh, grr! I'm so sorry to hear that, Stephen!

But fear not! :D

I do not believe in "fate" but perhaps this was fated to happen so you could get a new computer just in time for Victoria 2 to appear!

And, if I may humbly suggest E) keep the storyline and attempt to replicate it in Victoria 2! You could even copy your posts over into the new V2 AAR forum, keep the storyline going -- a shame to leave it go after so much work and planning has gone into it (unless you're really tired of it).

So... Think about it! Victoria 2 will work quite differently from V1, but not differently enough that I think you couldn't get to a reasonably similar spot.

Aug 13 is release date. And it's a great game!

Rensslaer

I thank you all for your words of encouragement. I just received an e-mail indicating that my new computer will be waiting for me when I get home this evening.

Oh, grr! I'm so sorry to hear that, Stephen!

But fear not! :D

I do not believe in "fate" but perhaps this was fated to happen so you could get a new computer just in time for Victoria 2 to appear!

And, if I may humbly suggest E) keep the storyline and attempt to replicate it in Victoria 2! You could even copy your posts over into the new V2 AAR forum, keep the storyline going -- a shame to leave it go after so much work and planning has gone into it (unless you're really tired of it).

So... Think about it! Victoria 2 will work quite differently from V1, but not differently enough that I think you couldn't get to a reasonably similar spot.

Aug 13 is release date. And it's a great game!

Rensslaer

From what I've heard, V2 has HUGE potential, and I am excited to purchase the game.

As far as my plans go, I think I'm going to follow Rensslaer's suggestion that Dawn in the East be ported over to V2. However, in the interim, I think I'm going to write an AAR for EU3, probably gameplay-based.

Once more, I'd like to thank all of you for your support and insights.

I thank you all for your words of encouragement. I just received an e-mail indicating that my new computer will be waiting for me when I get home this evening.

From what I've heard, V2 has HUGE potential, and I am excited to purchase the game.

As far as my plans go, I think I'm going to follow Rensslaer's suggestion that Dawn in the East be ported over to V2. However, in the interim, I think I'm going to write an AAR for EU3, probably gameplay-based.

Once more, I'd like to thank all of you for your support and insights.

Excellent to hear! :D

Have you started the EU 3 yet? Gosh, I don't know what I'm going to do if you play a country where haiku would be considered inappropriate! Someone else may have to figure a way to prod you to update more frequently... :p

You'll like V2 -- ALOT! :)

Renss

Excellent to hear! :D

Have you started the EU 3 yet? Gosh, I don't know what I'm going to do if you play a country where haiku would be considered inappropriate! Someone else may have to figure a way to prod you to update more frequently... :p

You'll like V2 -- ALOT! :)

Renss

I have started the EU3 AAR, and have posted my first update. Also, I invested a post in a table of contents...something I wish I had thought of early on in Dawn in the East. :)

The subject is England, so i'm sure you will be able to think up some suitably obnoxious way to get me to update more often. :p Too bad time is in such short supply lately...

Having read some of the beta AARs, I am literally salivating over the thought of owning V2. If actual implementation meshes with what has been promised...I may never buy another game! :cool: