• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

What do you think about DAIM?

• Excellent, one of my favourite mods!

Votes: 143 23,2%
  • Good, I often play with DAIM

Votes: 150 24,4%
  • Tried it out, but don't like it

Votes: 31 5,0%
  • Never used it, and don't intend to

Votes: 26 4,2%
  • Daim? Dein? Dain? What?

Votes: 109 17,7%
  • Saippuakauppias (None of the options above apply to me, but I wanted to participate)

Votes: 157 25,5%

• Total voters
Chinese DAIM

the chinese DAIM seems to be way to pafic to me. However it is also like this before the mod too. So I have come to the conclusion, after some tech tree twiking that techs for Nat. China that need to be required.

First Mobility focus and human wave need to be enabled in land doctrine.

Making all troops for Nat. China '36 style (reason, Japan will get 39 early and the stats for 36 aren't that much better than '18 ones; considering 18 years difference has pasted. this helps with a level playing of '36 vs '36, but as soon as jap get more adv in artillary and infantry, China is easily taken out by the AI)

enable all great war artillary, this is more for game play rather than for historicial accounts.

the first three air doctrines enabled at the top e.g. fly circus

I posted a separate thread about this, but here's some things I noticed while playing as USA:

1) Italy only took Albania and then got completely destroyed in Africa. No attempt at all to do anything about the Balkans.

2) No anschluss, Austria existed as an independent nation for a long time. Until...

3) USSR completely crushed Germany. At the beginning of '43 they're well into Poland and Czechoslovakia, with no signs of stopping. They're being smart about it, it looks like they're going through the plains in the center instead of the northern forests (though that may just be a product of pushing everywhere and only breaking through at the plains). But still, I'm not going to have anything to do in Europe, given that I have no desire to fight the Red Army (no matter what Patton says).

4) Japan is making me fight for every island, but not hard. They have 1 Garrison sitting on all of the small islands, which means I can take several out in a week. It would be much more challenging if they only bothered with the VP ones, instead of putting the same 1 garrison at Palau as Micronesia. There was no challenge involved in taking the Carolines - shore bombardment, 3marines assault, lather, rinse repeat. For fun I dropped the 101st on Iwo Jima (no marines), which worked far too well.

So yeah, the Japan thing probably isn't controllable, but maybe the USSR is too strong too soon? And does Italy not go aggressive in this, or was that just a roll of the dice? What about Austria, more luck?

Overall liking it, other than those quirks.

Oh, and on an unrelated note: What is SMEP? The thread about it doesn't explain what it does, just has people talking about how great it is.

The AI is good especially Germany...my sneak joining of the allies and assault through southern France as my Rep. of Spain covering all of Iberia didnt even phase them and I am now bogged down after taking gascony and half of Vichy.

In my CHC game however, as I play CHC in an odd way I waited until Japan declared war on the united front and then did the same and joined in alliance with Japan. Now however the Japanese AI has decided to give me all there mainland troops and chinese land to plat with and not do amphibious assaults in the south for some reason.

Hi,

I like DAIM, too, but one issue I have is that the AI seems to use offensive supply even if this means that some troops will run out of supply some days later. At least it looks to me like this is DAIM since I have not gotten this before.

I was playing Germany and during Barbarossa there were single days where some Soviet units were out of supply. When I loaded the SU to see what was going on they build lots of supplies, but had just 50 left for the day.

I dont know if it is possible to tell the AI to only use offensive supply up to a certain reserve of supplies (e.g. 5000) ?

But other than that Italy launched invasion an invasion on the Suez and Japan invaded north of Vladivostok, which looked very nice to me. Sadly the AI will still let its fleets get blown to pieces in ports, but I think think cant be changed by any mod.

CharonJr

Last edited:
I don't get it. I'm using 1.3 Arma with the 1.3 Beta DAIM. My difficulty settings are Very Hard/Furious, yet for some reason, the AI still won't build Nukes.

I don't get it. Is it a bad install? Or am I just missing something?

Hi,

I like DAIM, too, but one issue I have is that the AI seems to use offensive supply even if this means that some troops will run out of supply some days later. At least it looks to me like this is DAIM since I have not gotten this before.

I was playing Germany and during Barbarossa there were single days where some Soviet units were out of supply. When I loaded the SU to see what was going on they build lots of supplies, but had just 50 left for the day.

I dont know if it is possible to tell the AI to only use offensive supply up to a certain reserve of supplies (e.g. 5000) ?

But other than that Italy launched invasion an invasion on the Suez and Japan invaded north of Vladivostok, which looked very nice to me. Sadly the AI will still let its fleets get blown to pieces in ports, but I think think cant be changed by any mod.

CharonJr

I don't know it's got something to do with DAIM... the vanilla AI also uses copious amounts of offensive supply... then it gets into trouble when you start nibbeling away at its IC... I see this very often with the soviet union and just witnessed it too when pumelling an axis behemoth I had created after reloading as USA

hi, I am using 1.3beta2 arma, in my last game I mixed DAIM and SMEP..I am not sure but I felt like that as germany the game was overall easier compared to the DAIM game without SMEP..so, I wonder that can SMEP events have an effect on AI performance of DAIM?..it doesn't sound reasonable but I want to ask people anyway..

I downloaded this last night looking for a better challenge without the kind of artificial additions that higher difficulty levels bring. After reading about how China had no chance against Japan, I must admit I'm surprised that it's March of '39 and Nationalist China has kicked Japan out of the continent except for Korea. So it appears Japan doesn't always roll over China.

Having tried CORE etc, I realized that mods are the point of view of the developers. I for one can't stand those crappy color pictures, amateurish art and buggy events.

I like DAIM philosophy of not trying to impose a point of view. Yours is the only mod I use and have as a "standard installation kit".

Summing up, I like DAIM very much!

Hi,
I just played the Russians, and waited for the big German invasion. Well, it happend on May 20th 1941. Which is ok, but they only had 45 Division stacked against me:rofl:. They were totally unprepared. Why is that?