• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

What do you think about DAIM?

• Excellent, one of my favourite mods!

Votes: 143 23,2%
  • Good, I often play with DAIM

Votes: 150 24,4%
  • Tried it out, but don't like it

Votes: 31 5,0%
  • Never used it, and don't intend to

Votes: 26 4,2%
  • Daim? Dein? Dain? What?

Votes: 109 17,7%
  • Saippuakauppias (None of the options above apply to me, but I wanted to participate)

Votes: 157 25,5%

• Total voters

Maximilian I

Bierbrauer
62 Badges
Oct 18, 2000
forum.paradoxplaza.com
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Impire
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Darkest Hour
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Knights of Honor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • 500k Club
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
What do you think about DAIM?
(requested poll)

I currently play my very first match with DAIM, I voted for "Good, I often play with DAIM" even when i can't promise about the second part ;)

I really like the way how the AI acts with DAIM, but i prefer to get more than just a better AI. That's why I combined DAIM with SMEP, where i had to edit some stuff to get both working together.

So what i want to say: I'm sure if DAIM would cooperate with non-AI Mods it would be even more successful :)

I voted for the first option, i tried two of my first games with DAIM, and the stupid AI served me my own head on a silver tablet, so i had to go back to vanilla temporarely. :p
Golwar, could you instruct me please on how you merged the two Mods, i would like that too for my next game!

Phoenixfire said:
Golwar, could you instruct me please on how you merged the two Mods, i would like that too for my next game!
I made a description about how to use SMEP+DAIM today, you can find it here. It's not tested thoroughly, but it should work. I compared the changed files of both mods and conferred with Atruejedi on the subject.

I think one thing that DAIM could modify is the "no building paratroopers" preference, as I have seen the AI get very good use of paratroopers in 1.3a... but other than that it is a highly enjoyable mod.

I played using DAIM until 1.3 came out, so I switched to vanilla to try out the new AI. However up until 1.3 came out, using DAIM was the only way I could get a decent challenge when battling the SU as germany or vice versa. So thanks a lot! :D
P.S. Haven't tried it on 1.3 yet, so could someone tell me if it makes as much difference to the AI as it did with the 1.2 patch????

You should try daim...

It's better than 1.3.

After 1 Sep 1939 you will see Uk attack from north trying to conquest northen coast.
Or you will see uk attack your troops in norwey or when you'll try attack uk island you will be stopped by over 30 division, air forces and naval forces...

With vanilla 1.3 I was in London in two week...

lwarmonger said:
I think one thing that DAIM could modify is the "no building paratroopers" preference, as I have seen the AI get very good use of paratroopers in 1.3a... but other than that it is a highly enjoyable mod.

I will test it with UK . Maybe Italy was not the best Idea for a test .

Spocky

I can see your point but China simply is much too weak in the game. Would you abstain from conquering China as human Japan only because it is ahistorical?

By the way, you can also use parts of DAIM, no need to install them all. ;)

Yes, I know, but I'd want Japan to have better AI in the Pacific war. Is there a way to keep the advancement in China as the way it is in vanilla and still have an improved Pacific war AI?

very , very difficult . A war in China is distracting the AI very much . So the best for a pacific war is no war in China or a won war in china.

Spocky

Feedback

Since there are little feedback in general about daim, i thought i'd post some of my own :)
By the way; i'm using 1.3b with smep 4.0 and daim version released 070106
I am playing the soviets at N/N. I'm really bad at it though :)
DOW Japan early in '36 to take korea and get a better passage to china. China was annexed in early '38. Had some trouble taking the nationalists and japan launched an 20 div invasion of manchuria right after i dow on china. The japanese AI is fantastic in mainland china! They launched another 30div into eastern china after pearl harbour.
Took the dissent hit in the purges and built industry all the way up to june '40, so i'm not crushing the germans like i should. I have also built a large navy (including 10 carriers).

I wanted to check out germanys manpower pool, and so i loaded up as germany (may '42). I got very very surprised seeing germany have ordered 15(!) carriers, also some battleships. One would really think that during barbarossa, the germans would prioritize a larger army. At least not that kind of a navy. The luftwaffe is still in good shape, though still struggeling with the RAF.
Now, considering that the US just launched a large invasion into Holland, the german navy build-up was very stupid! Hope this is not WAD? Against a human player who starts to build an army in '39, the germans would simply be steamrolled with close to no army build-up. When checked they had 2x 10serial inf and a 5serial panzer. Also building a few int, ftr and cas. All else was navy or AA. If this is WAD, why? :)

Despite germanys weird building, i love daim for 1.3! Considering i have crushed a large part of japans army twice, the japs ar doing rather well. They are making way in the phillipines, and the RN is almost dead!
- Australian AI is fantastic! They have captured 11 islands from the japs.
- Italian navy seems to have control of the mediterranean, though the britsh have taken north africa. Vichy is no more. The italian army is, as in history, lousy :) They did however make two wholehearted attempts at retaking Tobruk
- As before mentioned, US invasion of Holland in force. Nice! :)
- I am sorry to say that Germany never made an attempt to invade Norway. This is happening in in vanilla and should work in an AI-improvement-mod!

All-in all a great mod! In 1.2 it was simply a necessity, not so much under 1.3b, but still a significant improvement! For the future i like to see an option integrated in the installer which says "Install with SMEP". Also i like to see a slightly more aggressive ai. If that is moddable... After annexing china i reached 198 beliggerence, and noone declared war. I imagine playing at aggressive would do the trick, but that is to much :) Anyway, thanks for a great mod. It really makes the game worth playing! :)

-=I really like DAIM=- recently as the USA playing for world conquest i invaded the German mainland (france) with 170 divisions. Within about 5months i was pushed back to the coast and eventually all my units were destoryed.

Its a shame though that Germany always seems to conquer Russia. But after that Germany has no problem with landing in Norway or even taking England.

I like DAIM too, but it has one major disadvantage: japan crushes china so fast that the US becomes too early too powerful.