• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very good update, as usual!

Amona said:

Prince Peer of the Netherlands hasnt got an easy life with his Beatrix, a queen to remember in any case. Its unusual on feminist earth for a male to be the voice of reason, but Peer is an unusual fellow.
I would call your alternate earch to be matriarchic not feminist. If it was feminist then even though women are in complete control they'd still claim men are:
- the priviliged gender
- responsible for everything that goes wrong on the earth
- plotting to keep women in chains
- etc.
while falling back on some variation of "I'm just a tinsy helpless girl" whenever called to actually take equal responsibilty.

The women in your story are more like Queen Elisabeth, Tsarina Catherine, Court Lady Choi or Empress Wu: Strong, capable & ruthless, while neither needing nor asking for any speacial treatment.

Amona: ...“No one is talking about that. What do you think, what will the Russians do if weird things happen here with their German friends?”...“You are totally mad. I like it. Lets do it.”

with the Head Russian (Soviet) leader also in bonds, those Russian maidens could get away with killing all the Germans (and their Communist leader) - if the Polish maidens don't find them first... ;)

Amona: ...The rest was easy. They collected Valery and the family, helped everyone into the suddenly crowded vehicle, and off they were, leaving Velamir towards the Romanian border...Amy started to like the armored monster. Too bad they would have to abandon the GUDRUN at the border. Would be no good idea to roll right up to a checkpoint with it.

that depends. if the Romanians were more interested in the vehicle than worrying what the Germans would do, then they may just be willing to accept the occupants long enough to transport them to an airport, with or without a reward for their possession of the GUDRUN ! ! :D

as to the checkpoint, if the Guards on this side are Polish, wave and shout encouragement. if the guards are German, just shoot them ! ! then negotiate with the Romanian Guards ! ! :)

Amona: ...I must admit, I was a bit disappointed you didn't comment on the action with the Deltas in Poland...

my apologies, but i was near the end of my energies when i got to your AAR, and just replied to the last update, even though i had previously read all of your work. :eek:o and, sadly, in the same situation ATM.

magnificent updates ! ! :cool:

hey amona.... I dunno if you've already said this (and I don't mean anything by asking), but what gender are you? just curious. this is one of my favorite Hoi2 AARs

Amona said:
thanks for the praise again.
On the gender matter, I would like to keep this some kind of a mystery ;)
What do you think?
Hmmm... I'd rather not guess, on the grounds it may incriminate me. ;)

but if you were female, you should get an award for being the first female person to join the Paradoxplaza Forums. :eek: seriously.

Amona: ...Option Three, boarding a cargo airship, enroute to Amsterdam aerodrome, naturally in reality a combat transporter of LUFTWAFFE, changing course at last moment and hovering over the park of the Palace. Going out with the airship, letting the Dutch know their queen was on board, lest they want to send some fighters after the airship...No, the airship it must be...

not bad ! ! taking out the low countries is 'normal' ! ! :D

Amona: ...Yes, a telephone call, 50 maidens, the airship of LUFTWAFFE, a precise assault on the palace, no bloodshed needed, a quick retreat with their prey...

excellent plan ! ! ;) but, will it work ? ? or, will our Skorzeny be needed in western Germany after the loss of a certain General and her staff ? ? :eek:

oh, at least you won't have to write an update for each of my replies ! ! ;)

About the MOD-poll:
Whatever gets you to write it! Personally i'd prefer option B, but i'd rather play option C, than NOT play option B. So my vote has to be: Make option C.

I got 2 requests for the mod:

1. Keep the GermanAI events in. I've never played the U.S. before, since i consider it too easy to win. With your AAR-changes it might be a proper challange.

2. If you can, make Korea a playable nation. My favourite bitches (after my fianceé ;) )are Korean female Civil Servants from their history dramas. So i'd like to go on a WC attempt as an independant Korea.

Amona said:
in contrast to scifi- and horror ( :D ) novels in CAT WAR-world where males rule in a ridicilous and/or horrific way.
Ahh you mean like OTLs Star Trek Voyager ;) ! Doesn't get more horrific and ridicilous than that.

Amona said:
On the gender matter, I would like to keep this some kind of a mystery ;) What do you think?
Since you call yourself Lady General (so did you watch the original Chinese Movie about Hua Mulan?) i'm going to go out on a limb and think you are female.
Especially since no Western Male would dare to write a heavily kinkyfied version of a matriachic earth. A feminist fatwa would follow immediatly :p .

w00т! Updates (which of course took me a while to get through) and a mod not ruled out! yay!
Ahem. i mean, good to see you writing in fine form still. That's a lot of characters you manage to make - and not just slap a name on them either, actually differentiatiable umm... unique.
Keep up the good work at whatever pace is most convenient.
:D

Amona: ...I am gamesmaster (mistress? ;) )

i think that either gamemasteress or gamemistress would be correct ! ! :) although my online dictionary does not like the first choice at all, and wants to separate the second choice into two words ! ! but then, it does not like 'gamemaster' nor 'gamesmaster' either ! ! :rolleyes:

Amona: ...Cornelia Tabarescu of Romanian Securitate knows quite well what is coming, in contrast to our unlucky heroines.

:eek: time to cut a throat and stamp your way out of Romania ? ? (pun intended) :D

hmmm. better would be to sneak into that office at night and borrow the needed stamp for a few seconds... :wacko:

Amona: ...If you ever knew how to fight, you surely have forgotten it...Time to bring the French army into shape, or time for it to rot away beyond repair?...Josefine feared it would be the latter.

things are not looking good for that French unit ! ! . (more) :eek: . [ and, how fares the rest of the French ? ? ::shudder:: ]

Amona: ...as the four panzers rolled into the streets of Aachen, towards their nearby assembly area...

victory (usually) goes to those who are most prepared ! ! :)

Amona: ...“This movement is, I fear, widespread. Maybe the Lindbergh is even more dangerous than the Roosevelt next year.”...Rowenna spoke matter-of-factly, and Jill knew full well that in this respect, the Grayson was second to none.

hmmm. Roosevelt running for reelection with the Republicans split between interventionist and isolationist ! ! . ::eek!:: for the good gals ! ! :rolleyes:

Everyone waits with anticipation for the hammer to fall on France.

Amona, I have a question regarding the language of your tintilating story. :) Very often, women are referred to as "the" followed by their family name; "the Grayson", "the Roosevelt" etc. This is not standard practice in English*, although it's common in Spanish, and I guess, other latin languages too (although most often with the Christian name). Do you write that way because your nativ language is not English (very hard to believe) or is it a language quirk of your alternate reality?

*I did see it in a Poul Anderson novel called "Virgin Planet" in which a backwater world was inhabited solely by women reproducing with parthenogenesis. (Interesting coincidence!) Since they were all clones of the original few women on a crashed ship, you could refer to a woman as "the Walker" or "the Udall". Are you tipping the hat to Poul?

XXXVI - There is still tape left - part 1

X

Last edited:
How I could have missed it...

*slaps myself

XXXVI - There is still tape left, part 2

X

Last edited: