• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ozzeh said:
Bwah, that way you get an Elio Vasa type game ;)
Anyway, I don't think its a good idea. In an MP game, the AI is IMO not important, the human-human interactions are what is fun. Boosting the AI will only lead to irritation and not enhance gameplay.
MP should not only be 100% about humans. MP is IMO a challenge for players against other players and against AI. Boosting AI will lead to more interesting games instead of just quick AI annexation. Also is should be forbidden for players to gangbang a AI nation. Just 1 human versus that alliance preferably. This should also make it more fun and thus challenging.
And Ozzey. Stop spamming DHP thread, or I'll do the same here ;)
Oh yeah, only one thing comes to my mind after reading your post Ozzey:
Chicken... :D
And don't forget Ozzeh: you're first on my list for Paradox. Mental assault is a very seriouse charge. :D

Last edited:
Nagel said:
MP should not only be 100% about humans. MP is IMO a challenge for players against other players and against AI. Boosting AI will lead to more interesting games instead of just quick AI annexation. Also is should be forbidden for players to gangbang a AI nation. Just 1 human versus that alliance preferably. This should also make it more fun and thus challenging.
And Ozzey. Stop spamming DHP thread, or I'll do the same here ;)
Oh yeah, only one thing comes to my mind after reading your post Ozzey:
Chicken... :D
And don't forget Ozzeh: you're first on my list for Paradox. Mantal assault is a very seriouse charge. :D

Well that is your opinion, but I don't agree. Which is one of the reasons I don't play in DHP ;)

And I am not spamming the DHP thread, I am merely responding to Absolut's outrageous statements.

Ozzeh said:
Well that is your opinion, but I don't agree. Which is one of the reasons I don't play in DHP ;)

And I am not spamming the DHP thread, I am merely responding to Absolut's outrageous statements.
I just thought of another rule for humans in MP. Human players may not form/enter any in-game alliance, either with AI or another human. What do you think? Should spice up the "boring" initial stages of MP games somewhat.

Nagel said:
I just thought of another rule for humans in MP. Human players may not form/enter any in-game alliance, either with AI or another human. What do you think? Should spice up the "boring" initial stages of MP games somewhat.

I've played in games that used such a rule (or a similar one) and it does have some advantages. However, inofficially, humans will still form alliances, and without the help of the game engine things like peacedeals can become quite a tiresome affair.

Ozzeh said:
I've played in games that used such a rule (or a similar one) and it does have some advantages. However, inofficially, humans will still form alliances, and without the help of the game engine things like peacedeals can become quite a tiresome affair.
True. Us MP players can't be trusted :D .

Nagel said:
Im guessing that if you ever played for example Starcraft in MP, it was only games where players cooperated against the AI, correct? :)

I cant for the world think of anything exciting or fun in a game where the focus is cooperating against the AI.

Fredrik82 said:
Yes, we do. :)
please rate what nations you prefer to play.
ehm that would be:

1. Sweden
2. England
3. Brandenburg
4. Russia
5. dunno really Portugal, never tried them before.

I don't want to play denmark again, since I am playing them in AoD.

Last edited:
Nagel said:
There are only boring initial stages of MP games if there are boring players :).

Mulliman said:
There are only boring initial stages of MP games if there are boring players :).
Totally true. That's why I went after the scalp of another human player in 2nd session of MP game :D . Only managed to get some hairs though :( .

Hello everybody!

Fredrik talked me into considering to come back and after a much needed and very long pause, I am ready to play in an Eu2 MP game once again. Anyway, I hope there is place for me.

Two things:

As my firewall/router issue is back in full force, I would need the host of the game, whoever it is to install Hamachi as to create a seperate network/LAN for me to join the game. It is a small program and after a test run with Fredrik I am sure it will work.

Anyway, my preferences if I am accepted are:

1.) Portugal
2.) Sweden
3.) England
4.) OE
5.) Brandenburg

Gonig back to the Austria vs France case, there is clearly a need for province modifications. I have just checked manpower and income stats for vanilla and the new AOD map, and they are as follows:

Culture - New / Old

Germany
Manpower - 182 / 149
Income - 409 / 307

France
Manpower - 141 / 139
Income - 284 / 243

As you can see, Germany gets a much bigger boost than France from the new mod than does the old, as there are so many more HRE provinces. So their manpower and income should be adjusted accordingly to make things a bit better for France.

Just done a quick calculation and to make it a fairer (more like vanilla) for German/French manpower is to knock one off for all German provs with 4 or more. Income can also have one taken off for each province, except for those with 14, in which 2 should be taken off.

BTW, this is from AOD v1.4. Can't say if this is with balanced tax/MP/goods switched on, since these figures are from the actual province db files.

TheArchduke said:
Hello everybody!

Fredrik talked me into considering to come back and after a much needed and very long pause, I am ready to play in an Eu2 MP game once again. Anyway, I hope there is place for me.

Two things:

As my firewall/router issue is back in full force, I would need the host of the game, whoever it is to install Hamachi as to create a seperate network/LAN for me to join the game. It is a small program and after a test run with Fredrik I am sure it will work.

Anyway, my preferences if I am accepted are:

1.) Portugal
2.) Sweden
3.) England
4.) OE
5.) Brandenburg

WOW, it would be great if you could start playing EU2 MP again. I think you would really enjoy playing with the new map - it's like starting out all over again.

PJL,

I'm doing the tax/manpower edits, and that's definitely on the top of the list.

However, Germany got a bigger boost because it ought to get a bigger boost. I'm going to scale it down, but not to the vanilla ratio. France can always, and probably will, take German provinces.

HolisticGod said:
PJL,

I'm doing the tax/manpower edits, and that's definitely on the top of the list.

However, Germany got a bigger boost because it ought to get a bigger boost. I'm going to scale it down, but not to the vanilla ratio. France can always, and probably will, take German provinces.

Once they're finished, I'll have a look at them to see if is still doesn't disadvantage France too much. Although having Austrian Netherlands doesn't help either, as Austria can more easily link them up to the main Austrian body than Spain. So it would probably a good idea to help France if they (and Franche Comte) were Spanish owned instead.

BTW, you mentined EGA V as an example of how weak Austria is. Considernig only one session has been played and they haven't even got Bohemia yet, I think it would be best to play at least another session before you can start making conclusions about Austria in that game. Not to mention King John is hardly the best player in that sort of situation either.

Last edited:
TheArchduke said:
Hello everybody!

Yay!

given it some thought and russia is by far my first choice.

1 russia
2 sweden
3 france
4 oe

But question is, should we also have a third HRE nation played?

yes :)