• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You need a sub in Russia?

I'm sorry guys, but I'm just to plain depressed to even consider playing. I might turn up later, but as my mind is right now, I would sooner get wasted/smash stuff up/cry n' whimper/hang myself.

Maybe later, but not to start.

Lurken said:
I'm sorry guys, but I'm just to plain depressed to even consider playing. I might turn up later, but as my mind is right now, I would sooner get wasted/smash stuff up/cry n' whimper/hang myself.

Maybe later, but not to start.
Ugh, that doesnt exactly sound great.
Best of luck to you in fixing your problems.

Mulliman said:
I think we do! :)

Well, I just happen to be in the mood for subbing :). Err, I guess it be more like perming one session, since Cheech quit.

Mullimanese After Campaign Report

Austria
Not going to rate myself :). Will just do a general description of plans and what succeeded/didnt.
When i took over from Archduke, i had one goal set clear. For Austria to achieve relative supremacy, she had to gain control over Italy. A too strong Venice would always be a liability to Habsburg security and she was in such a situation that the Doge could choose to switch sides at any point, without any serious repercussions.
The first wars were won, creating a strategic position from where Austria could easily blitz the rest of Italy with ease. After Absolut took over, he was tricked into attacking Venice the first session, creating enmity between them for a short time. This was taken advantage of, gaining Austria even more provs. A moment of glory that would rest in the minds of the Germans was achieved when weak-leader-Austria beat Turennian France in a 1on1! The war ended in a white peace however, as Venice joined, being beaten in the resulting fighting.
An alliance was formed with Venice later, offering help for them in gaining colonies from France, to increase the bad relations. This was achieved in a series of two wars, where Johor was given to the Doge.
When Eugen arrived, an all out attack on France was staged. Venice backstabbed however and forced Austria to remove themselves from Paris and the surrounding provinces. Even though Italy was once against blitzed and captured, the Habsburgs gaining Ravenna, Eugen was lost through a random death against Morsini (the battle was won). Thus, we had to accept a white peace from France.
The death of Eugen destroyed the future Italian plans and ended the momentum Austria had held since the start of the game. We had to sit back and take it easy, surrendering the schemes to take Piedmont and Nice from France.
Eventually however, an attack was staged on Venice. As usual, we blitzed through Italy, the new Venetian player leaving and Venice rendered. The cost of this victory was the loss of Alsace to France. This was the first time in the entire game that we lost a province to an enemy invader.
Venice was later vassalized, France gaining Genoa and Austria eventually diploannexing and acquiring all of Italy and Australia.
When Laudon, Daun and all those in the 1740-leaderbatch arrived, an attack was yet again staged on France, this time with the objective of taking Liguria. The plan would without a doubt have succeeded, if Prussia had not chosen this moment to backstab.
Brandenburg had played a very silent role under the guidance of PJL. Good relations had been established with him and we both trusted each other. With the departure of this player and the taking over of FJ!, things quickly turned in Austrian disfavour. When Daun was at the gates of Paris with the entire Austrian army, the extremely cowardly Prussians attack with their entire might, coupled with the second best leader in the game!
Needless to say, Austria lost that war. Only a great amount of bitching could prevent the loss of more than four provinces and a white peace was even signed with France. However, Daun had been lost in the rush homewards and Austria yet again had to stay silent, the political momentum finally lost to the opposing side.
It later turned out that the Spaniards, believed to be a - although hard to communicate with - loyal ally, had taken part in Prussian plans and actually approved of their plans of invasion! Furious, Austria could do nothing but accept the political realities, on the surface continuing the Spanish alliance, but having lost any wish to cooperate.
Instead, a deal was struck with the arch-enemy in France, giving them Luxemburg and agreeing to an eternal NAP. Austria then prepared her army, putting Laudon at the head.
Prussia had since her great victory in the years before, been itching for yet another fight. Unknowing of the alliance struck between the Austrians and French, they decided, after many French delays and lies, to invade. As Austria had prepared for this war for the better part of a decade, the war proved extremely disastrous for Prussia. Fredrick, Blücher and the rest of the Prussian leadership was killedin battle, Prussia itself overrun and forced to surrender great amounts of land, including Danzig. Arguably one of the greatest Austrian victories. Prussia was later split up between Sweden and Austria, with France taking a share during the Napoleon wars.
Things should have ended well for Austria, but with the absence of Absolut and the rabid King John taking his place, the NAP was no longer in effect. This meant that all focus could not be placed on Spain and the war played out alot differently than planned.
In short, Spain first DoWed Austria, taking Venice and using the warscore gained from there to stabhit for the CoT and Ravenna. France DoWed in 1800, after massive Austrian buildup and eventually gained headway, stabhitting for some central German provinces.
Accepting the peace, war was redeclared on Spain. Together with Russia, Italy was occupied and Spain was forced to surrender many provinces.
France was re-DoWed, the Erzherzog Karl leading a joint Austro-Russian army from Italy up through the Dauphiné and back over the Rhine. However, due to bad communication, he was killed in a battle against Napoleon.
France was too weak and too swamped with attackers to press the advantage however and for the next few years, before he end of the game, they were forced to fend of repeated Swedish invasions.
The game ended with Austria in flames, but not defeated. She could be seen as to be on the winning side in the Napoleon wars, taking great amounts of damage from the French attacks, but sustaining and allowing fresher nations to take up the torch.

It could also be added that Austria in the early part of the game took an active role in the East. Fearful of cheechish ambition and wanting a weak and relatively dependent Poland to keep on living, we aided them in many wars, helping them hold off Russia. When Russia became embroiled in OE, the situation was no longer as threatening and the responsibility was given to other nations such as England and Holland. Sweden was supposed to get powerful and be allowed to take over the Baltics, including Danzig and the Prussian provs, but repeated absence of Temujin prevented this.

France
Started out with Ozzeh, who wanted to do an economic/naval thing, which is always a mistake :p . Losing an early war against Spain meant that the Habsburgs held a strong strategic advantage.
They never really gained headway and were repeatedly forced to defend themselves and respond to Austrian DoWs and actions. Having good relations with England probably gave them a good cash cow, which must have aided them in the wars. Responded well to the wars, but often made the same mistakes, allowing repeated blitzes to Paris and unneccessary defeats.
Diplomacywise, i think they could have done a little better, maybe forcing Brandenburg to cut her bonds earlier, or making OE join in a war or two.
France became relatively rich in the 1700'eds and this also boosted their fighting ability.
Ended with a bang, but probable defeat with Napoleon, which could have played out differently if Absolut had been available :).

5/6/6

Spain
Very good play by Fredrik, which sadly ended in a megalomanic defeat :D.
Despite repeated absencies, Spain stayed ahead in wealth and tech. Early cooperation between Austria and Spain resulted in a lead momentum that would be picked up and held by both of them.
Sadly, this cooperation didnt really last, as NAPs were signed without communication from both sides and general lack of communication became the norm. Spain also had to fend off and challenge the English fleet at this time and thus had less interests in the continent. Austria was the one who suffered the most from this weakening of Spanish ties, as she could no longer rely on aid against the French. This also coinciding with the loss of Eugen, considerable effort had instead be put into diplomacy.
Held a strong position until the very end, Spain had many CCs, great wealth and a massive fleet. Siding with the French meant a loss though, which could have been changed :). From an Austrian point of view, the betrayal in the Prussian war was disastrous for Spain. Even though she took Venice, whatever course of action she chose would have meant an eventual Austrian DoW.
Nevertheless, very well played!

7/9/7

Holland
Being very silent in the early game, Holland never really did anything. They were always in the shadow of the other naval powers in Spain and England and with Seen being generally bored with playing the nation and eventually leaving, Holland suffered from a string of subs, eventually taken over by Alistus.
By now, her rivals were too strong for her to be able to make a difference and not much could be done to change the situation. She played a relatively minor role in the endgame too, although she had by then achieved a relatively good income.

3/7/5

England
Juv started with England and established a strong base, while wisely keeping silent and waiting for the Golden Age to come. After leaving and eventually being taken over by Ear, they embarked no a series of adventures against Prussia and Russia. The conflict with Spain took up more than a century and eventually ended with the defeat of the Spanish fleet (how else, with Nelson?).
Diplomacy seems to have been a little random however. I am not certain whether the English ever thought out a consistent policy, other than the late-game naval wars with Spain.
Being one of the two naval powers of weight, England built up a nice income and hard many shipyards, giving her a massive ship-building ability.

5/7/7

Sweden
Started out as planned with the early attack on Denmark, Sweden was halted by the annexation of Köpenhamn by England. All other schemes seems to have been aborted at this time, even though Austria proposed help for Sweden in taking Estland from Russia and securing Baltic provinces.
However, Köpenhamn was eventually conquered, but by now the country suffered from a string of absencies, Temujin occassionaly showing up or being subbed and zombied. Not really acting in continental affairs and failing to cooperate with Austrian offers of Baltic responsibility and all that, they were a shadow of what they could have been for a long time.
However, when Karl XII arrived, they finally gained some headway, with the annexation of Danzig and a few more provinces from Poland. Temujin once again went absent and the sub traded away Danzig to Prussia, but increased income quite alot.
Sweden ended the game with the partition of Poland and Prussia greatly strengthening her and participating with success in the Napoleon wars, capturing Paris once and putting the final pressure on France.

5/7/7

Prussia
Prussia never delivered. While played by PJL, they were a dormant power. Despite gaining a massive amount of provinces early on, they acted seldom. Even though they were a thorn in the side for Sweden in the early naval campaigns between the two, it took many years before Brandenburg moved on Danzig. Here, the fighting was not favourably conducted, ending in a white peace and being forced to give up Hannover to England. Diplomacy and patience could have prevented this. Prussia started trading sometime around here and periodically held a good income.
After PJL left and FJ! took over the reins, the situation was not changed. Choosing to backstab Austria in one of the most filthy wars i have ever experienced in the history of eu2 MP, he earned the enmity and determination of Austria to erase Prussia from the map. The second invasion of Austria was very badly conducted, ending in a total retreat and eventual annihilation of the entire Prussian army.

3/6/3

Poland
I first played this country, before moving to Austria after Archduke's quitting. Making out a deal with Temujin, these plans failed and Russia gained Estland, taking a strategic advantage that she would hold for the remainder of the game.
Although Lurken started out as somewhat of a noob concerning warfare, he quickly gained experience fighting cheech and with the sometime aid of Austria and being active on the diplomatic scene, managed to fend off repeated Russian attacks. Her greatest moments must have been when Poland stopped a Swedish invasion in its tracks eventually defeating her, as well as fending off a Russian and Prussian attack with the help of England and Holland.
Well played! Its just sad that you couldnt be there in the end :).

7/5/8

Russia
Got off to a good start, as cheech is wont to do. Keeping up with the military techs, she was always a threat to her neighbours. What can i say? I like his playing style, but this time his relentless pounding of Poland did not pay off as it should have. Instead, the non-existant gains eventually resulted in the channeling of power on OE instead. In hindsight, the lack of communication of future goals and needs between Austria and Russia resulted in Habsburg support for Poland.
The wars with OE must have given much joy and excitement, but they also trapped Russia in a series of repeated and neverending wars, as OE would have to be totally and completely defeated in order for Russia to be able to focus on other areas. She ended the game with a bang, taking a great part in the Napoleon wars, helping Austria in the invasion of France and Spanish Italy.
Economically stable, Russia could fight for years on end, without any really damaging effects.

4/6/8

OE
Starting out strong, with a deal over Hungary with Austria, the two nations almost never communicated with each other after this. Contending with the Spanish in the middle game, they eventually had to focus on defending themselves from Russian attempts at Greece. Waldo proved resilient and managed to cooperate with England, reaking some of the provinces from Russia, but otherwise remaining relatively silent on the world stage.
Economically-wise, OE became rich very fast in the early game, but was eventually overtaken by the naval nations of England and Holland.

6/6/6

Venice
HG united Italy extremely quickly, but his eternal flaw of not being able to attend to games for a longer amount of time led to Aladar taking over. There was not much the Venetians could do in the face of Austrian resilience concerning the conquering of Italy, but neither was much done either.
Venice almost became a pawn to Habsburg machinations, played off against France and when allowed back into their fold, they attacked at times when Austria was most prepared. The backstab together with France earned the total enmity of Austria and ensured their eventual annihilation. Its just sad BurningEGO had to witness this and not the one who was actually responsible :).
Economically wise, they gained some income, but never anything more than what was expected.

4/5/4

Whew, now that ive writted all of that, you are all forced to write something yourselves, lest you will be seen as eternal fools in the face of Heaven!

Yhupp!

Fredrik82 said:
Bah!
I shouldndnt have sided with KJs nappy, he always fail. :p

What's the english word again..... megalomania, yeah thats right :rofl:

Yeah, you should get banned for that :p. ... I don't always fail, I only do during the endgame. We did kick some butt though :cool:

Mulliman said:
Whew, now that ive writted all of that, you are all forced to write something yourselves, lest you will be seen as eternal fools in the face of Heaven!

Yhupp!

Yikes! I don't even want to read that huge post :D

EDIT: I did read it though anyway. Interesting summary.

Last edited: