• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fredrik82 said:
If i understood it right FAL is a bit unsure if he can stick with the campaign cause of school.

That's right, I will have evening colleges one weekday in february and it's unsure which day it will be. The administration of the university is not very smooth :D

So it's possible I have to leave the campaign in february, whichever day you pick. However, if you do pick tuesday or wednesday, I could play a nation like Poland, (of which it isn't that bad if it gets dropped), till at least february 11th.

FAL said:
So it's possible I have to leave the campaign in february, whichever day you pick. However, if you do pick tuesday or wednesday, I could play a nation like Poland, of which it isn't that bad if it gets dropped, till at least february 11th.

I feel sorry for Poland. Always get banged on...why must it be so? Poland is usually dirtpoor anyways.

Fred,

Well, I can player Wednesdays if absolutely necessary. I'd just strongly prefer not to.

As for Wallenstein, well, he lost one battle to Gustavus Adolphus. Lutzen can't really be counted, given that Adolphus and one of Wallenstein's key commanders died during.

I trimmed down my participation in EU2 last session but since this is an afternoon thing, I could give it a fly. However, I could only participate on mondays.

Regarding the options, I think colonial culture ought to be on, although I could live without. Minimal events sounds like a not so good idea though.

HolisticGod said:
Fred,

Well, I can player Wednesdays if absolutely necessary. I'd just strongly prefer not to..
How problematic would it be for ya to play wednesdays?

HolisticGod said:
As for Wallenstein, well, he lost one battle to Gustavus Adolphus. Lutzen can't really be counted, given that Adolphus and one of Wallenstein's key commanders died during.
Wallenstein was indeed a superb commander.
He was an unlucky bastard though :D

Tem_Probe said:
I trimmed down my participation in EU2 last session but since this is an afternoon thing, I could give it a fly.
However, I could only participate on mondays...
Great, and it do seems like we will play mondays.

Tem_Probe said:
Regarding the options, I think colonial culture ought to be on, although I could live without. Minimal events sounds like a not so good idea though.
We will definetely have colonial culture.
We will also use a fixed 5 land/naval rule if the crew doesn't strongly oppose this.
And i got some further ideas i like to try out aswell.

Can someone inform me about this Minimal events?
As far as i know, it's edited historical events to suit MP better.
Like Bohemia doesn't have the B option and thus cant screw Austria over etc.
I consider that a good thing for an MP game really :)

Well, I don't really see the point of fixing the land/naval slider if we have enough players. It woulld remove one of the games core strategies by doing so.

Last edited:
Fredrik82 said:
Can someone inform me about this Minimal events?
As far as i know, it's edited historical events to suit MP better.
Like Bohemia doesn't have the B option and thus cant screw Austria over etc.
I consider that a good thing for an MP game really :)

Minimal events mean only truly major events are included in the game. For example, England in minimal events has the following: The Act of Supremacy, The Admiralty, The English Civil War, The Restoration of the Stuarts, The Glorious Revolution, The Act of Union and the Hannover Dynasty in England. 7 events for England. France has The Inheritance of Anjou, War of Religion in France, Colbert, The French Revolution: Radical Republic, Napoleon Bonaparte. 5 events total. etc...

Not a bad concept altogether, but too little is too little imho.

A little more events wouldn't be wo wrong...I for one like the events no matter how many they are.

PJL,

No.

No.

I refuse to have this debate again. Game after game, group after group, I'm forced to argue the same ground. Enough is enough. :D I refer you to the Battlefront III, Chill III, Thursday Game, TfG I and EGA V threads.

Game options

Game options ON/OFF
Colonial culture - ON
Equal DP sliders - OFF
North Amercian minors - ON
Saharan minors - ON
Expanded random events - OFF (I'm not sure here really, ryo got some really interesting events here. But it's risky and i'm not sure if it is worth the effort. I will follow this one though)
COT Shuffling - OFF (Not in this game)
Minimal Event Set for minimal determinism - OFF (Sucks)
Tax Distribution Option - ON (Balancing stuff)
Manpower Distribution Option - ON (Balancing stuff)
Goods Distribution Option - ON (more alike vanilla)
Spain/Otto Boost Option - ON (Spain/Otto gives 1000d extra, +1 LT, +1 infra, + weapons manu + extra manpower in starting pool)
Forced Slider Option - ON (Forced sliders introduces huge number of random events to force you to stay at 5 land. Seriously, if you try to move it your very next event will put you back.
+ a few events in 1492 to push starting sliders to right spot, portugal has 1 land at beginning, for example).

Thoughts?

Looks like good options.

Im liking it so far.

a fixed land/naval slider opens interesting scenarios :) England should still be ok because of their leaders. OE, russias naval tech will still be far too low to be able to fight though.

Other ideas for this game.
I dont love all of them myself, but i think they might add stuff to the game.
Please post what you think.

Thanks for all the interesting ideas, Europes Golden Age 5 crew :D

* Perm CB on all human played nations for everyone. (this worked out very well in BF3, it totally rocks. And it means alot more conflicts and it actually also minimize the amount of alliances.)

* (EGA5 rule) If at -3 stab and -99WS, you have to accept next stabhitting offer immediately. Only an alliance leader can send a stab hitting peace offer.

* (EGA5 rule) Maximum 3 provinces taken from a human in a war per alliance. Non-european provs count as 1/2, TPs count as 1/5, and CoTs as 2 provinces. After 1650 maximum of 5 provinces can be taken. After 1700, 7 provs and after 1800 no peace restriction. This only takes effect between humans. No rule between humans and AI.

* (EGA5) A nation that controls a province that it isnt his core for 60 years and it has a state culture, will get a core on it. This doesnt have a limit like culture, ie, you can gain a core as much as you be able to claim it. Further the core prov MUST have the same religion of the country unless the country has Innovativiness >=9. Provinces with COLONIAL culture cannot be claimed.

* (EGA5) If you chose to become a Counter-reform country, you cannot switch back to Catholicism until the Edict of Tolerance.

* (EGA5) Cultural Rule: Any nation that control 75% of a culture for 30 years may claim that culture as state culture, but a nation can only claim ONE(1) culture. So plan it carefully as a culture gained by this way will not be removed in any case; Japanese, Han, Mongol, and Cantonese can't be claimed and Persian can only be claimed by OE or Mughals after 1700. The burden of proof in this matter lies on the players.

* (EGA5) This one will replace the current one we're using in this game.
If a human is forced-vassalized he must remain this way for at least 20 years. Unless his liege frees him peacefully after those 20 years he must fight for independence (if he wants it). Vassals cannot declare war on the Overlord's allies or vassals without his permission.

* Map sharing with the AI forbidden

* Extra cores to Brandenburg, and Venice if played.

Discuss!

Game day/time

Ok, the voting is done. we will play on Mondays, 19.00 CET to 23.00 CET.
I will start the game thread as soon as we've discussed the most importent issues. I very much like you guys to post whatever ideas you might have here, this is your chance to gain influence on the shape of this game.
I'll give you the finger for all kind of whining later concerning the shape of this game, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE! I strongly suggest you take the time now and talk.

I'm a very reasonable guy, i'm not a korean styled dictator. :p

Edit: I fucking hate when an importent post hit the bottom of the page, as it is so easy to miss. Therefore i quote it in this post aswell. :)

Fredrik82 said:
Other ideas for this game.
I dont love all of them myself, but i think they might add stuff to the game.
Please post what you think.

Thanks for all the interesting ideas, Europes Golden Age 5 crew :D

* Perm CB on all human played nations for everyone. (this worked out very well in BF3, it totally rocks. And it means alot more conflicts and it actually also minimize the amount of alliances.)

* (EGA5 rule) If at -3 stab and -99WS, you have to accept next stabhitting offer immediately. Only an alliance leader can send a stab hitting peace offer.

* (EGA5 rule) Maximum 3 provinces taken from a human in a war per alliance. Non-european provs count as 1/2, TPs count as 1/5, and CoTs as 2 provinces. After 1650 maximum of 5 provinces can be taken. After 1700, 7 provs and after 1800 no peace restriction. This only takes effect between humans. No rule between humans and AI.

* (EGA5) A nation that controls a province that it isnt his core for 60 years and it has a state culture, will get a core on it. This doesnt have a limit like culture, ie, you can gain a core as much as you be able to claim it. Further the core prov MUST have the same religion of the country unless the country has Innovativiness >=9. Provinces with COLONIAL culture cannot be claimed.

* (EGA5) If you chose to become a Counter-reform country, you cannot switch back to Catholicism until the Edict of Tolerance.

* (EGA5) Cultural Rule: Any nation that control 75% of a culture for 30 years may claim that culture as state culture, but a nation can only claim ONE(1) culture. So plan it carefully as a culture gained by this way will not be removed in any case; Japanese, Han, Mongol, and Cantonese can't be claimed and Persian can only be claimed by OE or Mughals after 1700. The burden of proof in this matter lies on the players.

* (EGA5) This one will replace the current one we're using in this game.
If a human is forced-vassalized he must remain this way for at least 20 years. Unless his liege frees him peacefully after those 20 years he must fight for independence (if he wants it). Vassals cannot declare war on the Overlord's allies or vassals without his permission.

* Map sharing with the AI forbidden

* Extra cores to Brandenburg, and Venice if played.

Discuss!

Fred,

Aye to everything but the three province cap and culture rules.

(EGA5 rule) If at -3 stab and -99WS, you have to accept next stabhitting offer immediately. Only an alliance leader can send a stab hitting peace offer.

can we make you have to be at war for 1 year to stab hit bliyz wars are so gay :)

perhaps something about reputation stating demmands before war etc just a thought..

one thing i would personally like is something to stop whole of europe annexed too quick. This is something that im getting quite bored of. Clearly certain nations like russia and oe need to annex a lot but specifically austria annexing all hre before 1600 is getting dull. thats my opinion anyway.

Fredrik82 said:
care to explain why?

He'll say the three province limit is artificial and that some nations benefit from the culture rule more than others. Right, HoG? Some arguments do come on over and over :D