• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
HolisticGod said:
Fred,

1.04 is in the main playable. There are some problems-notably with starting Spanish and Scandinavian base tax and Scandinavian manpower-but not as many as was feared. If a game has a Poland and an active OE-French alliance, Austria's starting uberness ought to be all right-if not, however, and it gets hold of Hungary and Bohemia... Well, this ain't your grand mother's Austria. :D
Goody, i'll take a closer look at it tomorrow. :)

HolisticGod said:
As such, I think we ought to start debating options/edits now so we can pick countries in a couple days and start next Monday. The new map is great fun and I'd like to get to it, and I also think this thread will stagnate if we hold all conversation until we have twelve players.
Agreed, i will try to push for ten players atleast. It's a great shame if he have to drop nations like Portugal really. As i consider it importent to have all the major colonial nations played on this map.
I rather drop nations like Poland and Denmark first then, and possibly have both subbed the first and second session to prevent an early über expansion.
We got a nice bunch of subs willing to play also.
I still have trust in two more players to join us though, so we should be atleast eleven players when we start up.
A game with 10-12 players got advantateges, it creates a more stable game. Which is perhaps better really.
None really needs to expand so deep into Poland anymore, except perhaps for Russia. But the others will want that country as a buffer state, i know i certainly would if i played Austria-Brandenburg.

Also, this game is not about historical balance. This game is about eating or being eated ;)

With a stable and balanced player roster, as we got in this game already, it is no problem to drop some key nations.

I consider it very unlikely that we manage to start next monday though,
we do have alot to discuss and to decied up on. I'm however willing to start as soon as this is done. :)

Playing day. VOTE!

I know that all you guys prefer different days to play. Mondays and wednesdays is prefered by the most, but it seems like all of you can play Tusdays aswell, if i understood it right.

It's time to vote folks, and wake this game alive for real :)

1.) Monday
2.) Tuesday
3.) Wednesday
4.) BF4 Rocks so would play seven days a week if possible. (This option impress the GM, and i make nice cookies ;) )
In other words, either day is ok with you.

As for playing time, i'm thinking something around 18.00 CET to 23.00 CET.
Probably 19.00 CET to 23.00 CET as that time fit the most good.

A.) 18.00 CET to 22.00 CET
B.) 19.00 CET to 23.00 CET
C.) Either is ok.

Edit: Post 2 updated on the first page.

Last edited:
Vote 1A

Edit: Halfway there!

Last edited:
FAL said:
HoG, take a look at Fred's Austria in the thursday AoD game. He knows about it ;)

I propose to lower the manpower of Portugal a bit. Portugal basically makes Spain too strong now. Sweden could have lower manpower as well.

Although Portugal MP could be a bit lower, on the other side that MP makes Portugal less dependent of Spain.

1b

i get home at 1900cet and cant play tuesdays btw

4b.

arcorelli said:
Although Portugal MP could be a bit lower, on the other side that MP makes Portugal less dependent of Spain.

I wouldn't lower Portuguese manpower too much though. Perhaps drop MP for Oporto, Lisbon and Alemtejo by one each. But defintely no further.

Fred,

1C or 2C are fine with me. 3, however, likely is not. I'd rather not play BF4 right before BoP.

Norrefeldt said:
4B, 18.00 is fine most days, but since I'll have only five minutes inbteween getting home and starting to play, I risk getting late when there's a delay in public transports.

I will have that problem even with an 1900 CET start.

HolisticGod said:
Fred,
And I would suggest, for this game, that you do at least the following:

1. Boost Suleyman to 4 shock (he ought to be higher, but ah well)
2. Boost Wallenstein to 5-5-5 (superb general)
3. Boost Eugene to 5-6-6 (equal to Marley)
4. Extend Frederick the Great to 1786, both monarch and leader
5. Trim the uber English admirals so they aren't unbeatable (I'm thinking more Nelson-Cochrane here than Drake-Monke)
6. Equalize the stats of Charles V and Carlos I or change Austria's monarch to Ferdinand (not recommended), because this is not an historical reproduction and Charles' focus for the HRE and Spain in history ought not impact his abilities as though he had dissociative identity disorder

I support all of this and:

De Ruyter should not die in 1667, but in 1676. His death date of 1667 is a gross error. He died at the naval Battle of Stomboli on 8 January 1676.

wiki said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Ruyter
[...]
De Ruyter saved the situation for the Dutch in the Third Anglo-Dutch War. His strategic victories over larger Anglo-French fleets at the Battles of Solebay (1672), the double Schooneveld (1673) and Texel (Kijkduin) (1673) warded off invasion. The new rank of Lieutenant-Admiral-General was made especially for him in February 1673.

Sigh, in vanilla the Dutch miss their best admiral for 9 years :)

Last edited:
Alright!

As the leader file got so many errors i'm willing to agree to most of this.
However, i will not downgrade any leaders at all, if not proof strongly says something else. The reason why i agreed to boost suleyman to shock 4 is that he seldom manage to accomplish what he accomplished irl, militaristic that is.

1. Boost Suleyman to 4 shock
2. Boost Wallenstein to 5-5-5 (despite that he lost all battles to G2A) ;)
3. Boost Eugene to 5-6-6 (equal to Marley)
4. Extend Frederick the Great to 1786, both monarch and leader
5. Extend De Ruyter to 8 January, 1676.

2C or 3C

Final Result
Fredrik: 4A
Cheecho: 1B
HG: 1C, 2C
Norre: 4B
Juv: 2C or 3C
FAL: 2B
PJL: 4B
Mulliman: 4C
Waldzwerg: 2B or 3B.
Lurken: 1A

So far, i got cheech that cant play Tusdays, HG cant play wednesday and FAL cant play mondays. :wacko:
If i understood it right FAL is a bit unsure if he can stick with the campaign cause of school. So thats why i aim at mondays.
First i need to know if Waldezwerg and Juv can play mondays also,
if that is so. Then we'll play mondays. :)