• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All,

Master Edit List
-Austrian provinces back to Austria
-300 ducats from Spain to France
-Vassalization of Milan to Venice
-Portuguese base tax back to normal (if there's no Portugal and, thus, Portugal goes to Spain)

What else?

HolisticGod said:
What else?
* Random leaders
* trigger event 99005 to spain about fifty times should be enough ;)
* Remove NA natives
* decrese the pop in parts of Azteks (1400D to convert a province at 177K pop in 1507 is a bit extreme :p )

And we need to decied if we will change the random event set or not...

Last edited:
Fredrik, yesterday we had an unfinished ICQ conversation about this matter. Now I come back and it has been decided? I don't like that.

Anyway, I am willing to put this all behind, despite how angry I was before, because I really would like to explore the new map as France ;) I have however never agreed to this offer of 300 Spanish ducats for the provinces. I would like to point the Spanish king to an offer of 500 ducats he made before:

Fredrik said:
Spain is willing to pay 400D back to France, +100D since the deal.

The French King is willing to agree with that.

All,

France will pay Spain 500 ducats. No need for an edit if the money is just going back right away.

Master Edit List
-Austrian provinces back to Austria
-Vassalization of Milan to Venice
-Portuguese base tax back to normal (if there's no Portugal and, thus, Portugal goes to Spain)
-North American minors removed
-Mexican populations reduced (Incan should stay the same, by the way)
-Leaders

Are we doing conquistadors and explorers this session?

I certainly hope so.

Can´t catch you on ICQ, gotta talk with you shortly if possible.

Any way to add the native tribal populations as replacements for the nations? I suppose empty provinces are better than the nations but native tribes of course would be the best.

post-4-1139163153.jpg

More like Archduke's Hungary and Mulliman's Lithuania in that map! :p

It has just come to my attention (I admit I should have studied the rules better before we started) that human map trading is allowed, quite the contrary what seems to be the fashion in EU2, only allowing map trading after 1650.

I'd just like to ask for the discussion and logic behind that? With random explorers possible after 1550 one would think that map distribution would work well without allowing this?

I'd like to suggest a discussion of a rule change here. I'm aware that knowledge of a few provinces might have happened during the first 15 years of the campaign but that has little impact on the game as a whole. I might have gotten it all wrong but I feel that the normal rule of no map trading (nor fake wars for maps) allowed before 1650 has been a good norm up until now so I currently don't see why we should go with it in this campaign as well?

Thoughts?

juv95hrn said:
I'd like to suggest a discussion of a rule change here. I'm aware that knowledge of a few provinces might have happened during the first 15 years of the campaign but that has little impact on the game as a whole. I might have gotten it all wrong but I feel that the normal rule of no map trading (nor fake wars for maps) allowed before 1650 has been a good norm up until now so I currently don't see why we should go with it in this campaign as well?

Thoughts?

The new map has a lot more provinces, and a map-trading ban would be harmful for gameplay, especially colonial wars. The more people know of possible colonial areas, the more likely there will be friction caused by competitive colonising.

PJL said:
The new map has a lot more provinces, and a map-trading ban would be harmful for gameplay, especially colonial wars. The more people know of possible colonial areas, the more likely there will be friction caused by competitive colonising.
Indeed, and the new world is relative unknown for the players.
Hell, it took me years to even find Americas :p
All the new sea zones and all :wacko:

"The new map has a lot more provinces, and a map-trading ban would be harmful for gameplay, especially colonial wars. The more people know of possible colonial areas, the more likely there will be friction caused by competitive colonising."

Doesn't this arguments argue for a removal of all "fog of war" playing with an open map then if the one overshadowing object of the game is to manipulate a situation where non-historical colonial friction is sought for in the early 16th hundreds?

"Indeed, and the new world is relative unknown for the players.
Hell, it took me years to even find Americas
All the new sea zones and all."

Lack of player knowledge of the new map I find an argument that, although true, is beside the point here.

Personally I would prefer a more historical and realistic approach where every nation seeks it's own maps through explorers, random or not. This way we risk every nation knowing more or less the same areas way before historical times. Hopefully the historical explorer nations will be as careful as their historical counterparts to not divulge these secrets to simulate this area of colonial development.

Last edited:
I see your point Juv,
but i only partly agree.

A smart player do not share maps early on, especially not those on the new world. A number of players has asked me to share maps already, but i will never do that until i have colonised what i want myself, and secure those areas i consider importent. In fact, i'm not sure if i will ever trade my maps.
It's a later question though.

One reason why i never bothered to use a no map rule is because it didn't work out as expected in BF3. I think it's up to the players themself to decied, and we also knows what happend when people got desperate for maps in BF3.

Do note however, that trading maps with the AI is forbidden.

And when we are at it, Spain will NOT allow any map stealing from Portugal from ANY country. Any attempt to do so will face the wrath of the Spanish Empire.

I'm glad you share my view of these matters. Just keep an army in Lisboa at all times and I'll be happy enough. With reasonable players I guess the need for a rule isn't that urgent.

All,

The save is done, leaders generated and all that. http://www.europa2.ru/cgi-bin/leagu...kyrie.net VIII&game=IV&yearsave=1507&lang=eng

However, despite an hour and a half last night and an hour this morning and multiple attempts, including one with every single tag removed, I cannot seem to delete the North American minors without causing a black screen and CTD. I have no idea why this is. So they're still in.

If anybody wants to give it a shot now or between sessions, be my guest. Final save is on stats. However, remember that I have a copy of the original, so don't try any Ryo-inspired funny stuff. ;)

HolisticGod said:
All,

The save is done, leaders generated and all that. http://www.europa2.ru/cgi-bin/leagu...kyrie.net VIII&game=IV&yearsave=1507&lang=eng

However, despite an hour and a half last night and an hour this morning and multiple attempts, including one with every single tag removed, I cannot seem to delete the North American minors without causing a black screen and CTD. I have no idea why this is. So they're still in.

If anybody wants to give it a shot now or between sessions, be my guest. Final save is on stats. However, remember that I have a copy of the original, so don't try any Ryo-inspired funny stuff. ;)

Did you remove the CoT in their lands? There can be no CoT in uncolonised land so the CoT there would cause a CTD (I'm quite sure at least).

HolisticGod said:

If anybody wants to give it a shot now or between sessions, be my guest.

I'll take that as a challenge.