• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mulliman said:
Valas said:
Mulliman,
It seems to me you and daniel A. ignore the historical facts, because it will hurt your nation, notice your not posting facts your just claiming them not to be true. I thought that was called nationalism, I didn't know it was a offending word.

I am simply wondering why you cant play anymore :). I dont see any reason for why you shouldnt.
btw.. I don't see what your sentence has to do with my remark, I am asking you to tell my why you think sweden needs the ability to build ships and harbour a navy where they didn't do it historical. Or give me some evidence that they did. Just saying my facts are wrong doesn't make them wrong, you have to prove it with your own evidence. Remember your the one defending sweden should have a providence they didn't own before 150 years later.

Daniel A said:
I have given the example of Baffin Bay. I could give you numerous other examples of ports in the game where there were no naval bases - certainly not in the EU time frame, take Yukon e.g. :rofl:

It is, IIRC, you who have not presented any evidence that your view correspond to the views of the producers of the game.

If you believe that you have the right to define the basis of this question as you wish, i.e. not basing it upon Paradox' intention, we are not discussing the same question. Then you are discussing how you would want the basic principle of port placement to be if you had the right to decide while I am discussing which principle Paradox applies. Perhaps this is all a misunderstanding and this is the reason?
So because of that you honestly think sweden should have böhuslan from denmark, eventhough it is proven historical inaccurate, and has no effect on sweden in game?

Does two wrong's make one right?

Juv,

Seconded. Unless anybody objects, and assuming that's the way it still stands when I run a test with it, I'll take care of the edit.

And minimal forts would be hugely better, except in certain areas of Germany and northern Italy and in various key provinces. It's too late to do it now-since some of us went through the pain of capturing a lot of them and it'd be unfair to lose the afer the fact-but I should've paid more attention and fixed it before we started. I apologize for the lapse.

Nor, Valas, Mulli, Daniel and, I'm afraid, our dear moderator,

Only one of you is actually playing this game, and while I much enjoy comments from all of you on game matters and interesting points of history, the correctness or incorrectness of an obscure Swedish port is neither. ;) And your posts take up this entire page with one exception, the day after our first session. So I'd appreciate it if you took this to the mod or history forum, where it belongs.

And just to make it worse, Daniel is right. ;) The historical construction of warships is not and has never been the standard for placing ports in this game. The nearest thing is simply where large harbors existed somewhere along a province's coast (a province being a sizable area) or could be/were manufactured. But even that's too constricted-from looking at the map it appears there isn't any logic to the ports at all. There are way too many of them.

And please do let that be the last word. Venice has all but unified Italy in the first session, Spain has vassalized it, the Ottomans have started an impressive but by all appearances fruitless luxury cruise line, etc., etc. That's sort of what this thread is for. ;)

Daniel A said:
as your side in the debate have presented as conditions for having a port in the game. If you had followed e.g. Andrew's discussions of where to put ports in the Bug forum just half a year ago or so this would have been more clear to you I believe. If not you can merely use your general knowledge or even common sense and it will be easier to understand what Paradox aimed at.

I don't know the details of that discussion of AndrewT and I don't care much. There's a new mod made, which aims to be historically correct. Well, then there should be no port. If the paradox set up is ahistorical qua ports, you ought to report that in the bug forum, not make other ports ahistorical too ;)

This is true for Yukon and a lot of other places as well, but I don't believe that because other places are wrong, another one should be wrong as well.

HolisticGod said:
Nor, Valas, Mulli, Daniel and, I'm afraid, our dear moderator,

Only one of you is actually playing this game, and while I much enjoy comments from all of you on game matters and interesting points of history, the correctness or incorrectness of an obscure Swedish port is neither. ;) And your posts take up this entire page with one exception, the day after our first session. So I'd appreciate it if you took this to the mod or history forum, where it belongs.

Understood and agreed.

This moderator likes to do discuss too much, but shall stop now :D

Last edited:
FAL said:
This moderator likes to do discuss too much, but shall stop now :D

That moderator has a bit too much free time, I might add ;)

Back to the game: Venice vassalized by Spain... I didn't notice that in-game. Was that why Venice got so much italian provinces in that war? Anyway, I wonder if we will see Habsburg domination for the first 200 years of the game because of this... or will OE use its early greatness to kick some ass? I also wonder what side Brandenburg will pick, since in session it appeared to have some conflicts with Austria already! Exciting game :D

HG,
I'm done, thank you. I think all aspects have been covered by now. ;)
As this is the first MP game with one of the new historical maps, the feedback from here will likely be of more concern than for this game alone, and you will have more readers for that reason as well. I would never have bothered to come here, read and explain this hadn't that been the case.

HG,

I will apologise for discussing this here it aint the right place. Frankly he-who-should-not-be-named has made so many weird changes that this scenario is bording useless by now. Having talked to him I know why he was banned from the forum, he has some serious anger issues :wacko:

Good Luck with the game :)

Valas said:
So because of that you honestly think sweden should have böhuslan from denmark, eventhough it is proven historical inaccurate, and has no effect on sweden in game?

Does two wrong's make one right?
Seems we have to continue the discussion on ICQ if that is pleasurable for you :).

You still havent answered indepth why you refuse to continue playing?

Ozzeh said:
That moderator has a bit too much free time, I might add ;)

Back to the game: Venice vassalized by Spain... I didn't notice that in-game. Was that why Venice got so much italian provinces in that war? Anyway, I wonder if we will see Habsburg domination for the first 200 years of the game because of this... or will OE use its early greatness to kick some ass? I also wonder what side Brandenburg will pick, since in session it appeared to have some conflicts with Austria already! Exciting game :D
If Venice takes an anti-OE stance in this game, the Turk's influence in the West will be practically nullified :). One wonders why the powers of France, Austria etc. have allowed such extreme expansion by one of this community's most ambitious players? :)

Valas,

You're far from alone in that opinion. ;)

Mulli,

Bah.

Venice's only ambition is to liberate the Italian people and provide for them home rule for the first time since the barbaric Germans and... Ahem. Since the Others brought unprovoked bloodshed and oppression to our noble, peace loving ancestors, who never wanted anything more than to be free in their homeland.

Ambitious? It is a word unknown to Italians.

Spain hereby announce that any intruders that enter Spanish sphere of influence in the new world will risk being attacked upon by the local Spanish garrison. Friendly nations is recomended to contact the Spanish minister of colonial affairs for rights.

Fredrik82 said:
Spain hereby announce that any intruders that enter Spanish sphere of influence in the new world will risk being attacked upon by the local Spanish garrison. Friendly nations is recomended to contact the Spanish minister of colonial affairs for rights.

Could you define the exact boundaries of the Spanish sphere of influence?

So Venice gets to have all of Italy provided it's a vassal of Spain??? Just how real was that war?