• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmm, when does our player roster arrive, Fredrik? HG?

TheArchduke said:
Hmm, when does our player roster arrive, Fredrik? HG?
I'll talk to HG about it next time i catch him on icq.

As for minimal events,
the reason why we wont implant it is because 1.) it minimize the number of historical events by far for some nations, 2.) it aint finished as far as i know. 3.) It sucks to loose several vital events for nations like England, France etc.

The idea is that we play this upcoming monday, 30th January. Anyone that can't play that day?

juv95hrn said:
Did anyone actually examine the minimal event file? I just found a modified Spanish bancrupcy event set there that would take care of that entire discussion. (+20% inflation unaviodable if Spain owns any of the gold mines if I understand the events correctly). I'm not sure about the rest of the events so what is the discussion concerning them?

I think that minimal events are in general less fun, yet there are some good ones among them. If we go down this path we might as well make our own event file for the game, but that is a lot of work...

Fredrik82 said:
As for minimal events,
the reason why we wont implant it is because 1.) it minimize the number of historical events by far for some nations, 2.) it aint finished as far as i know. 3.) It sucks to loose several vital events for nations like England, France etc.

Ok, I see. But what about modifying the random events? Everyone should agree these are unbalanced, unfair, outdated and gives little randomness, if plenty of injustice, to any campaign.

All,

My preferences:

1. France
2. Sweden
3. The Ottoman Empire
4. Venice
5. England

Rolling the dice now. Results upcoming.

20 Fred, 77 Lurken , 96 Tem, 85 Waldzwerg, 72 Oz, 16 Valas, 3 Duke, 79 Cheech, 82 Juv, 100 PJL, 68 HG

Brandenburg: PJL
Sweden: Temujin
The Ottoman Empire: Waldzwerg
England: Juv
Russia: Cheech
Austria: Lurken
France: Ozzeh
Venice: HG
Spain: Fred
Portugal: Valas
Poland: Duke

Mulli,

Tried to. :D

Holland is yours, for the time being. If anybody wants to switch, by all means.

HolisticGod said:
Holland is yours, for the time being. If anybody wants to switch, by all means.
Actually, thought about it and i think i would really like to have a go with Holland :).

If I didn't know any better, I'd say HG rigged the dice so that I could have Brandenburg when means I would then have a confict of interest concerning overpowered German province income and manpower....

Poor Archie - chose 5 countries and got none of them....

I noticed that no-one is playing Denmark. Perhaps Mulli can play them until Holland forms / is created.

Poland?

Isn´t that the country with the big screw you event in 1580?

Ah well, will be difficult to build a colonial empire, but I will sure as hell try.:D

Edit: Oh my god, is there one good event at all in that file? Curse you, HG, for that dice roll, why can´t I play a colonial country?

Edit2:

Aha, my first analysis, that after becoming orthodox in 1567 for some lithuanian provinces (if you get them or not, doesn´t matter.:D), you need to time your centralization moves exactly to the years 1492, 1502, 1512 and thereafter, to hit centra 7 before in 1573 your state goes down the drain. Which means if I don´t get a lucky +centra event my state goes bonkers.:D Oh the joy..

Edit3: Noone plays Denmark. Doesn´t sound like a big plan.

Last edited:
Perhaps venice could switch to USA when the time comes. Might be interesting with this map.

Quite a few players i dont really know too well so should be unpredictable. Looking foward to it and glad i got my first choice. :)

TheArchduke said:
Edit2:

Aha, my first analysis, that after becoming orthodox in 1567 for some lithuanian provinces (if you get them or not, doesn´t matter.:D), you need to time your centralization moves exactly to the years 1492, 1502, 1512 and thereafter, to hit centra 7 before in 1573 your state goes down the drain. Which means if I don´t get a lucky +centra event my state goes bonkers.:D Oh the joy..

I wonder what some players say about this keen analysis of the event file :p

TheArchduke said:
Well, apart from the huge 1000d thing you have to pay, that event isnt all too bad. You get good sliders for the army and morale :). I often just accept the payment and move on with other things.

The really really bad event in the middle 17th century can be avioded by taking an RR hit in an even that comes around in the first years of the 17th.

What i dont understand though, is the inflation hit you get because of Prussia. That should be edited out at the end of the session it showed up.

I think Poland has the ability to become a more western-centered Russia in this scenario.

Ah, La France! Vive La France! Vive Le Roi! Je suis tres content!

I haven't played France from the start in an MP game yet, should be interesting. It's also quite a choice, whether to focus on Europe or go colonial with this new map... I'm gonna have to think about it :) Luckily, apart from an assignment I'm making today and have to hand in at the end of the day, I'm gonna be pretty much free of work until monday so have plenty of time to prepare.

It's also interesting to see HG in Venice. I have only seen him play mayor nations yet, apart from the Poland in BF3 that he abandoned ;) I wonder how his powergamer policies are affected by the relative lack of raw power Venice has...

Also interesting to see some players that I haven't played with yet in a long-term campaign. Meaning: Temu, Waldzwerg, Juv, Valas and Duke. Need to update my ICQ list I guess...

Ah well.

Allons ! Enfants de la Patrie !
Le jour de gloire est arrivé !

Austria?! The BWB? A country I never have played...I will be Habsburg..woohoo!