• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Goes under gamey?:)

If Spain avoids getting them in the first place and someone else gets them, fine. (Although then the other power should get the event anyway.:D)

Wouldn´t mind to have some ahistorical colonizations once in awhile anyway.

Do we have random leaders, meaning Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Austria, Ottoman Empire, Brandenburg and Venice having a shot at explorers, too?

Ok, after reading that thread about exploits and Spanish bancrupcies I admit there are more than one way to look at the issue but let's at least decide beforehand if avoiding the events should be allowed or not?

I noticed 1.4 still has 15000 inhabitants in every city except... exceptions like capitals etc. Huge project to modify all this but is it ever going to happen? 15k cities in Lappland etc feels somewhat unnatural.

I don't quite follow the logic of distribution of gree CB's through shield placement on "human" nations capitals? It seems this has been done in some cases but not all? Whats the situation regarding this?

Last edited:
One of the few things I agree with, without those cb on national capitals, the decision to go to war is too difficult.

All,

I'll be assigning countries tomorrow. If you haven't given your preferences, give them now.

Might as well throw my hat into the ring then (although I still want to see the latest edits done ASAP).

Country prefs:
1. Brandenburg
2. Russia
3. Sweden
4. Ottoman Empire

Although if there is enough players, I wouldn't mnid playing the Palatinat (if manpower and income were beefed up, as well as monarch stats).

Last edited:
Fredrik82 said:
* What edits will be allowed etc. Signed deals in the AAR thread? Province swaps, cash? etc etc

If you're against hard rules, then how about this - any edits/treaties which would be outrageous if offered as peace deals should not be allowed.

TheArchduke said:
Goes under gamey?
Nope, it does not. If that is to happen then we have to put all events that is avoided in a "gamey way" under that list, in order to be fair.
And i dont like that idea.

TheArchduke said:
If Spain avoids getting them in the first place and someone else gets them, fine. (Although then the other power should get the event anyway.:D)
I think ****** created a new event for this, that makes the event more realistic with the new map. Perhaps we should include this one in our game?

I know some other events that shouldnt exist, or be changed atleast.
Like the Danish german culture event, the Polish inflation hit event over Prussia and some others. Perhaps we should add our own event file for this game, to get those idiotic events changed.
If it is possible that is,
thoughts?

TheArchduke said:
Wouldn´t mind to have some ahistorical colonizations once in awhile anyway.
Do we have random leaders, meaning Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Austria, Ottoman Empire, Brandenburg and Venice having a shot at explorers, too?
We havn't discussed anything regarding random leaders yet, but for the games sake we should add explorers and conquistadores to everyone really. The colonial setup is hugh on this map :)
But i still belive that Portugal-France-England-Spain should have the first advantage, this can be solved with that random explorers will be generated for the others after 1550s or something.

juv95hrn said:
I don't quite follow the logic of distribution of gree CB's through shield placement on "human" nations capitals? It seems this has been done in some cases but not all? Whats the situation regarding this?
We will do like we did in BF3, edit in perm CBs on all human played nations.
No cores.

Okies.:)

About the leaders, 1550 sounds very good. Although only Portugal and Spain really get a shot at it early on which is fine. Maybe we could edit them just in for a price or use the random leaders which are so often used in other games, dunno.

Fredrik82 said:
I know some other events that shouldnt exist, or be changed atleast.
Like the Danish german culture event, the Polish inflation hit event over Prussia and some others. Perhaps we should add our own event file for this game, to get those idiotic events changed.
If it is possible that is,
thoughts?
Remove the crap, those events don't belong in the game.

PJL said:
If you're against hard rules, then how about this - any edits/treaties which would be outrageous if offered as peace deals should not be allowed.

That sounds good, edits/deals shouldn´t surpass the sanity border of 99 % of warscore.:D

Fredrik82 said:
Nope, it does not. If that is to happen then we have to put all events that is avoided in a "gamey way" under that list, in order to be fair.
And i dont like that idea.

Are you saying Spain will be allowed to avoid the bankrupcies by dropping provs for 2 decades? If it is so and the spanish player goes ahead, even not knowing who I'll play, I'll personally make sure Spain pays a hefty price for being totally gamey. :D

Tem_Probe said:
Are you saying Spain will be allowed to avoid the bankrupcies by dropping provs for 2 decades? If it is so and the spanish player goes ahead, even not knowing who I'll play, I'll personally make sure Spain pays a hefty price for being totally gamey. :D

That's exactly the solution I would choose, should I play in a game where the GM decides Spain is allowed to avoid the bankruptcies in this way ;)

FAL said:

I think it's very clearly an exploit.

I understand some may disagree, but I don't think success/failure in this game should be biased in the favour of those who have a detailed list of the triggers and effects of every event. Events are designed to work a particular way - and significant events in the game are supposed to happen if the game flows a particular way. If an event would have occured, but is avoided by player action that had no logical reason aside from loopholing the scripted event than it damages the integrity of the game, certainly from a roleplaying perspective.

I consider looking at leader files and event files as gamey. When I play MP, I do not plan for events or leaders. Makes the game more challanging and fun for me. But it seems like everyone else has memorized all the important events and leaders already for the bulk of the typical MP-nations.

Well I certainly do not remember that many.

Take the ENG I subbed in DU 11 days ago. When I took over after you Lurken.

I had quality at 8 and it was time for a DP slider move. I decided to go to quality 9 since this was in the middle of the 17th century.

Just one year later I got an historic event that included quality +2. :mad: It is after experiences like this one decides always to read the event file before a session. The reason I did not follow that advice in this particular case was of course that I was merely a sub, not a perm, I expect the perm to tell me about important event choices (in this particular strange game there are no perm in the normal sense).

I always read the upcoming historic events before a session where I am perm. I consider those who generally avoid reading them to be game-destroyers. I get little fun from beating players who do not try to do their best. There are a few of this category writing in this thread. People I try to avoid. Why they do not play with dolls instead of taking part in a competitive game like this is a mystery for me. Probably they never played football when they were young. These guys never learned the art of fighting.