• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fredrik82 said:
2% for the best leader to appear seems a bit low though :D

And you're using the state page to generate this right?

Well, I did not want a big odd to have a 5/5/5 leader running around, kicking Prinz Eugen in the nuts ;)
Most leaders generated leaders are between 3/3/3 and 4/4/4, which I like.

And yes, I do it with Tonio's site.

HolisticGod said:
Fred,

Keep in mind that the tax/manpower values have to be completely rewritten in Europe.

Check out the EGA V thread and Ryo's forum for information on how we, at least, have chosen to go about it.
Excellent,
i will follow this closely.
I suppose Ryo will release a patch whenever this is done?

FAL said:
Well, I did not want a big odd to have a 5/5/5 leader running around, kicking Prinz Eugen in the nuts ;)
Most leaders generated leaders are between 3/3/3 and 4/4/4, which I like.

And yes, I do it with Tonio's site.
I'm not very eager to generate Eugen styled leaders either.

If this game turns out to be Tuesday or Wednesday, I would be enthusiastic/honoured to sub two weeks out of three.

Fred,

We doing Mondays or what? It'd be good to get that out of the way, at least, so we have a permanent roster that can discuss the other issues.

And I would suggest, for this game, that you do at least the following:

1. Boost Suleyman to 4 shock (he ought to be higher, but ah well)
2. Boost Wallenstein to 5-5-5 (superb general)
3. Boost Eugene to 5-6-6 (equal to Marley)
4. Extend Frederick the Great to 1786, both monarch and leader
5. Trim the uber English admirals so they aren't unbeatable (I'm thinking more Nelson-Cochrane here than Drake-Monke)
6. Equalize the stats of Charles V and Carlos I or change Austria's monarch to Ferdinand (not recommended), because this is not an historical reproduction and Charles' focus for the HRE and Spain in history ought not impact his abilities as though he had dissociative identity disorder

Just a few things that are discussed a lot but nobody (including me) ever remembers to edit before a game starts, and then of course it's inappropriate to make these changes (except Frederick) after the start.

Last edited:
HolisticGod said:
Fred,

We doing Mondays or what? It'd be good to get that out of the way, at least, so we have a permanent roster that can discuss the other issues..
Agreed, but we need to get a full roster first before we can decied what day to play. We currently got 8 players signed up, we'll need four more.
I expect a few others from BF3 to join in aswell.
As it looks like now, it seems like people prefer Monday or Tuesday most. Mondays seems to be free from MP games, so i actually prefer this day aswell. It should be easy to find subs that day.
We'll see, hopefully we will know in the next few days.

HolisticGod said:
And I would suggest, for this game, that you do at least the following:

1. Boost Suleyman to 4 shock (he ought to be higher, but ah well)
2. Boost Wallenstein to 5-5-5 (superb general)
3. Boost Eugene to 5-6-6 (equal to Marley)
4. Extend Frederick the Great to 1786, both monarch and leader
5. Trim the uber English admirals so they aren't unbeatable (I'm thinking more Nelson-Cochrane here than Drake-Monke)
6. Equalize the stats of Charles V and Carlos I or change Austria's monarch to Ferdinand (not recommended), because this is not an historical reproduction and Charles' focus for the HRE and Spain in history ought not impact his abilities as though he had dissociative identity disorder

Just a few things that are discussed a lot but nobody (including me) ever remembers to edit before a game starts, and then of course it's inappropriate to make these changes (except Frederick) after the start.
I consider it a dangerous thing to start edit around with leaders, if Eugene is boosted, then so should villars, if wallenstein is boosted, then so should Torstensson etc etc.

As for Frederich, is that because of historical accuracy or a "balance" thingy?

boosting suleyman to chock 4 seems reasonable though.

If we play with the land 5 rule, which is very likely, then it doesn't feel right to weaken British admirals really :D

Fredrick,

I hope you reconsider. British admirals are virtually indestructible, land 5 or no.

Frederick is an historical thing. He ruled until 1786 and took to the field in person as late as 1778, in order to force Austria out of Bavaria. He won, incidentally, without breaking a sweat. I have no idea why Paradox chose to cut him off in 1780.

Villars shouldn't be boosted just because Eugene is, nor Tortensson because Wallenstein is. Those two leaders are underpowered, and the HRE gets no six stat leaders in its entire file. Not a one. So you have England, France, Russia, Sweden, Spain, Prussia, even the OE with them and Prinz Eugene, one of the finest generals in the EU II era, is a piddly 5-5-5. Moreover, Wallenstein lost one battle as a I recall, Lutzen, which wasn't exactly anybody's shining moment. ;)

The HRE had piss-poor leadership in this period. No doubt about it. Its nepotism was a serious problem. But Eugene and Wallenstein were superb commanders, and they ought to get better billing. I don't think it's unreasonable for Austria to get one leader with two 6 stats and another 5-5-5, considering France gets multiple 6's and multiple 5-5-5's, as does England.

And Eugene was a better general than Villars, anyway. Austria's one good leader has to coexist with a 6-5-6 (Charles XII), a 5-6-6 (Marley) and a 4-5-5 (Villars)? Bah. He ought to have his own edge.

I agree with HG but lets face it austrias has very nice leader file that serves them well.

Incidently montrose needs higher stats :)

Fredrik82 said:
As it looks like now, it seems like people prefer Monday or Tuesday most. Mondays seems to be free from MP games, so i actually prefer this day aswell. It should be easy to find subs that day.
We'll see, hopefully we will know in the next few days.

I can't play mondays. And the only current game on tuesdays is an American timezone game (Americans take Europe 2), shouldn't conflict.

Also, for what's worth it. I am against locked land 5 rule. Or, at least, exclude Portugal and Brandenburg from it.

Last edited:
FAL said:
Also, for what's worth it. I am against locked land 5 rule. Or, at least, exclude Portugal and Brandenburg from it.

Kinda agree with you there FAL.

FAL,

Brandenburg (eventually) benefits massively from the rule. And Portugal isn't really except insofar as it's easier for Spain and France and Co. to surpass it navally.

However, that's not really relevant as Portugal's naval support is so piddly now it'll inevitably be crushed by the English. At least with land 5, it has many potential allies to help it with that situation.

HolisticGod said:
FAL,

Brandenburg (eventually) benefits massively from the rule. And Portugal isn't really except insofar as it's easier for Spain and France and Co. to surpass it navally.

Well, Brandenburg perhaps benefits from it after 1750. The majority of the timeframe a navy is useless for them. Too poor and no explorers. I would argue the same for Poland, but that country probably has too big an advantage if it would be allowed to stay at full land.

Or do you mean that Brandenburg benefits from a land 5 Austria and such? That's true, but that's also why I wanted to make Brandenburg and Portugal the exceptions, while keeping the rule for the rest.

As for Portugal,
A lot would depend on the manpower. I believe it has 50 manpower with Ryo's mod?

However, that's not really relevant as Portugal's naval support is so piddly now it'll inevitably be crushed by the English. At least with land 5, it has many potential allies to help it with that situation.

With full naval, Portugal will be longer a naval contender. I reall, really don't see an use for a land 5 Portugal if it keeps the 15 manpower from vanilla ;) It just means more expensive ships for her.

Updates from the first post

Updateded the guidelines
NOTE: This is no rules. But this is about how i expect the players to behave in the game. 95% of this is natural stuff to the most of us in the EU2 community, but i like to be clear!
I prefer games with little amount of rules, i dont like the thought of being controled by the rules, and thus be forced to play a certain way because of them. I consider it impossible to create perfect rules, as no MP situation is alike. Therefore i rather encourage players to play in a way that create a more funny game for all of us. Respect is the key here!

- If you crash ingame, turn on ICQ/MSN and message the host/GM asap. First then a rehost will be discussed ingame. Normaly we rehost after two years, if the crashed player is in war with another human, we will rehost directly.
- Always notify the GM/CO-GM in advance if you are unable to play a session. Preferably days in advanced.
- Find your own sub, or risk being AI or get a less skilled sub. (use the sublist in this thread first and ask them.)
- Be online on ICQ/MSN for importent information before the session start. This also makes it easier for the GM to get an overview of the roster before the game starts.
- Try to enter the Vnet atleast 5 minutes before session starts. To download save. This will save alot of time and means more play time. Which is what this game is for. To play and have fun.

*NEW* Punishment
This will apply if a player is, without notification, unreasonably late to a session. Breaking one of the few rules we got in the game will also be punished, you might even risk being banned from the game if it is serius enough. The GM will decied upon what punishment to use.

-----------------------
*NEW*
AoD MOD Information
AoD v1.4 Released:
www.******.us/aod.html

Features:
New Tax, Manpower, and Goods mods (options)
Spain/Otto boost option
Force Land Slider to 5 Option
New Graphic for Country Selection Screen
Some changes to text.csv (look at Country Selection Carefully)

-----------------------

Game settings
Colonial culture - ON/OFF
Equal DP sliders - ON/OFF
North Amercian minors - ON/OFF
Saharan minors - ON/OFF
Expanded random events - ON/OFF
COT Shuffling - ON/OFF
Minimal Event Set for minimal determinism - ON/OFF
Averaged-Regional Tax Mod (boost) - ON/OFF
Averaged-Regional Manpower Mod (boost) - ON/OFF

*NEW*
New Tax, Manpower, and Goods mods (options)
Spain/Otto boost option
Force Land Slider to 5 Option

-----------------------
10-12 players tops, in order to create a stable game.

Player roster
Fredrik
FAL
HG
Cheech
Bãbur
Lurken
Juv
Norre
Waldzwerg

We still need 2-3 more players. I dont consider this a problem though, as i got several players that i know is interested in joining the game. :)
First when we got a full roster, the creation of this game will start.

*NEW* Sublist
Forzaa ICQ: 112-746-755
Ozzeh ICQ: 270-540-271
KingJohn ICQ: 225-570-338
Artemis (cant spell that new stupid nick :p ) ICQ: 68-593-743
-----------------------

Fred,

1.04 is in the main playable. There are some problems-notably with starting Spanish and Scandinavian base tax and Scandinavian manpower-but not as many as was feared. If a game has a Poland and an active OE-French alliance, Austria's starting uberness ought to be all right-if not, however, and it gets hold of Hungary and Bohemia... Well, this ain't your grand mother's Austria. :D

As such, I think we ought to start debating options/edits now so we can pick countries in a couple days and start next Monday. The new map is great fun and I'd like to get to it, and I also think this thread will stagnate if we hold all conversation until we have twelve players.

HoG, take a look at Fred's Austria in the thursday AoD game. He knows about it ;)

I propose to lower the manpower of Portugal a bit. Portugal basically makes Spain too strong now. Sweden could have lower manpower as well.