• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Venice was taken back by Spain! Good news indeed! Venetians are always on the winning side. :p

At least the bad, bad austrians got defeated. Divine Punishment may come late, but it never fails! :)

Atleast it seems that Poland was not annexed. My Hopes of forging a retreat for the poles in NA seems to have worked.

Did KJ fail with Napoleon? :p

All my plans with Nappy are gone, gone with the wind. :(

Ended with a bang, but probable defeat with Napoleon, which could have played out differently if Absolut had been available .

It most probably would have. :)

Alright, first time Ive ever written one, and also keep in mind that I wasnt a part of this game for the first 100-150 years, so I may have gotten a few things wrong, but meh. :p
I will grade the countries with a number between 1-10, with 10 being the best and 1 being the worst.

France (Ill not rate myself, I know I won, thats enough for me)

When I first took them over, they were in a rather good shape, with a CoT and Luzon in Asia. I expanded and took Guanzhou (or Guangdong, the smaller one of the CoTs there anyway). Venice backstabbed me and took Luzon and Johor in two wars together with Austria. Then the OE and I took revenge, and this proved out to be too much for Venice, as they offered me a very nice deal about their italian lands, but that is irrelevant. The many wars with Austria had taken its toll, I hadnt been able to build manus, only had a few, although my forts on the border to Austria, Spain and Venice was rather big. I had not been able to trade as I would have if I had been in peace, so I give Austria credit for keeping me from growing economically. The last session I played, trade grew substantially and left a good ground for KJ, with a few thousand in the treasury. And then we get to KJ, if I had been playing, I wouldnt have attacked Austria, I would have went after Spanish Italy, becaue of the reasons Mulli mentioned, NAP and so on. I was also planning on trying to vassalise Spain, but I doubt that would have been possible, as he had more MP and twice as big income as I had. But from what Ive heard, KJ did a rather good job, even though he lost. Ah yes, I almost forgot to mention the crushing defeat that was inflicted upon Spain, I had attacked Venice, ensured a NAP from Austria and Spain was ghosted, a rather good time to attack, had it not been for someone getting a sub for Spain. The sub attacked in a matter of a few months, 130k spanish troops crossed the border in the north, where I had no troops, all of those were fighting Venice.
I quickly recruited mercenaries and made a strategical withdrawal, as I watched the Spaniards die from attrition, then I attacked and forced them back in to the lowlands. After a series of victories against the spanish army, I began to siege all of the lowlands, resulting in them one after one falling to me. The same tactic was used in southern France, where the 150k spanish army sieging two provinces was reduced heavily from the attrition, when there was only 50k left of the army, I attacked and wiped them from the face of the earth. This also happened in Africa. Spain then accepted the peace for Calais, Artois and Tswana, I was quite proud of myself, perhaps the best moment in the game. I could now focus on Venice, from which I took Piemonte and Corsica. The worst parts of the game without a doubt was the austrian leaderfile, with Prinz Eugen and the others, which always got to Paris when we were warring, despite my efforts to stop them.

Spain

Spain had a really good economy, and a lots of colonies, they had the traditionally french colonies in NA and a big empire in South Africa. Because of their income, and their alliance with Austria for most of the game, they were a real threat to France, although their leaders couldnt match me. His only real competitor on the seas, were England, which proved to be too much of an enemy. Without a player in Portugal, they could without any worries explore Asia and grab the indian CoTs before anyone else had the opportunity to, and hold them for the rest of the game. With Fred being away every now and then, they wasnt the threat to other countries they could have been, thus they will recieve an 8.

England

England enjoyed naval supremacy for the entire game, with its only threat being Spain, and maybe Sweden as well. Without France in NA, they had an easy time colonising the area, without any competition. They warred Prussia and Russia, both wars was successful, and gained them two rich provinces.
They helped France in their wars against Spain and defeated their navy, although they could never launch an invasion on Spain, due to their manpower. Ear did a good job expanding the economy and becoming one of the richest countries in the game. He fought a a few wars, and he was never defeated, therefore England will recieve a 9.

Austria

Austria had close bonds with Spain throughout almost the entire game, this helped Austria in their wars vs France. Without the OE wanting Hungary, they had a safe eastern front, also, with their good relations with Prussia/Brandenburg, they had pretty much one front from which they could be threatened, the western one. They did a good job defending this one, although France broke through one or two times. With their vast manpower and the support of Spain, they were the rules of Central Europe. They never really got the economy going, because of this, they will recieve a 7.

Brandenburg/Prussia

Prussia never expanded outside of their round little empire until the 18th century, keeping good relations with their neighbours, Poland being the exception. When they finally went for Poland, the world didnt approve, resulting in the annihilation of the prussian army and they were forced to give a province to England. When they later attacked Austria, they won their only victory, taking a few provinces from Austria. The second attack on Austria proved to be an utter mistake, with the annihilation of Fred, Blucher and Von Bulow, and along with them, the prussian army. They never really recovered from this defeat and they were no longer a threat to anyone. Because of their reluctancy to go to war, and when they did, it was not too successful, they will recieve a 4.

Holland

Holland was a rich nation, trading being very important to them. They were not in many wars, thus they could not really expand on the continent. They were no match for England nor Spain due to their small fleet. They were very reluctant to go to war, and when they finally did, it wasnt so successful, with France invading it. Spains interference in this war saved them and they were now able to help their allies in Russia. Their reluctancy to go to war lowered their grade somewhat, but due to their economy, they will get a 6.

Ottoman Empire

Because of the deal they had with Austria concerning Hungary, they had time to expand in Africa and Asia in their own pace. Their attacks on Venice with France was rather successful, even though Austria joined Venice the war was never brought to the Balcans. Their wars against Russia was long and both successess and failures and they never really expanded towards Russia. They controlled Africa together with France and noone ever tried to end its reign there. Their economy was good, trading making up about a fifth of their income. Because they were never really any threat to the European powers, they will recieve a 7.

Sweden

Sweden had been rather peaceful while I was in the game, only with a few wars against England and Poland. They never really saw an economical boom, but their income was good. They used Karl XII very good, and inflicted a crushing defeat upon Poland. They were never really attacked by Russia, nor did they attack them, this secured their eastern front, so they could consentrate on other matters. They could not match the english fleet, or any other fleet for that matter, until the middle of the 18th century, where they increased their fleets size by 8 times. They were a power to be counted with, thus they will recieve 7.

Russia

Russia had a mediocre economy during the game, and with their vast manpower, this could have been fatal to the european powers, but they never really acted in Europe, they punced on Poland quite a few times, same with the OE, without any real success. Theres not really much to say about Russia, they never managed to expand in to Europe, nor down the Balcans, for this, they will recieve a 6

Poland

Poland managed to stay in the game until the end, which is quite an achievement with Austria, Russia and Prussia in the game, their economy however, and manpower did not allow them any greater successes. Their small economy did not help them either. However, they learnt the ways of war and kept the russians, prussians and swedes at bay, until Karl XII entered the scene. Poland has to conduct a lot of diplomacy, and they really pulled it off this time, for this, they will recieve a 7.

Venice

When I entered the game, Venice was a rather rich country in a rather strong alliance. This was however ended by France, and wars ravaged the country until it finally caved in. They were always in need of foreign aid in their wars and couldnt do anything alone, be it from France or Austria. Their economy was never allowed to grow due to the constant wars, therefore they will recieve a 5.

I am sure that someone will have som objections on my ratings, but this I have not included anything from before I arrived here and this is how I see it. :)

Last edited:
Absolut said:
Sweden

They could not match the english fleet, or any other fleet for that matter, until the middle of the 1800th century, where they increased their fleets size by 8 times. They were a power to be counted with, thus they will recieve 7.

Heh, whoever did that must be really good :D

And it is the 18th century absolut, or the 1700's ;)

If you read it again I am sure that you will see that it says 18th century. ;)

You must have been slightly confused, as it doesnt say 1800th century. :)

Wald,

I am mightily interested in what took place with these repeated DOWs of yours.

I think it went like this

1. SPA DOWS OE and gets Alexandria in the peace.
2. OE directly re-DOWS and soon afterwards pays some 50d to SPA for peace
3. OE then yet again directly re-DOWS and soon afterwards accept peace for MA to SPA.

After the 2nd DOW you wrote something like this to Fredrik : "You do not understand the concept of war" :confused:

Waldzwerg said:
For rating purpose we would have to distinguish between freds spain and ghosted spain. I am not entirely sure who would come ahead in this contest. :D
Hehe :D
Out of 17 session, Spain was ghosted three and a half sessions, subbed three and a half session. That didn't only ruin my long term strategy and diplomacy, but it also made other nations alot more powerful. Especially England.

In the end, i couldn't do half of what i wanted. Spain was not only diplomaticly isolated but also got behind, or shall i say others managed to catch up with Spain, economicly, militaristicly and diplomaticly without Spain being able to do anything about it.

Daniel,
i'd like to know what Waldo ment by that aswell...

Well, everytime you'd be ghosted, you'd get 6 landtech ahead of anyone, and amass several tens of thousand ducats, without inflating yourself. Hence the question: Is it more scary to have you on board, or ghosted? :D

am now back on internet. Shame i missed last session.

Game was fun btw and i enjoyed it. Got to fight most of you i think :)

cheech said:
Game was fun btw and i enjoyed it. Got to fight most of you i think :)
Never Austria. Though i was pretty paranoid about you for most of the game :).

Write an After Campaign Report, you bastard! :)

Wrong Mulliman!

There was a war against Russia, mostly over Belarus, where we were a CRT-down, ended unfortunatly in a WP by mistake.

Lurken said:
Wrong Mulliman!

There was a war against Russia, mostly over Belarus, where we were a CRT-down, ended unfortunatly in a WP by mistake.
Well, i meant over Austrian territory :). Holding and defending actions in Poland was achieved, although we failed in the later wars...

Mulliman said:
Well, i meant over Austrian territory :). Holding and defending actions in Poland was achieved, although we failed in the later wars...
Oh...was that what you meant?