+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefront IV - Lords of War

Field Marshal
    Cities in Motion 2DiplomacyEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by HolisticGod
    Fred,

1.04 is in the main playable. There are some problems-notably with starting Spanish and Scandinavian base tax and Scandinavian manpower-but not as many as was feared. If a game has a Poland and an active OE-French alliance, Austria's starting uberness ought to be all right-if not, however, and it gets hold of Hungary and Bohemia... Well, this ain't your grand mother's Austria.
    Goody, i'll take a closer look at it tomorrow.

As such, I think we ought to start debating options/edits now so we can pick countries in a couple days and start next Monday. The new map is great fun and I'd like to get to it, and I also think this thread will stagnate if we hold all conversation until we have twelve players.
    Agreed, i will try to push for ten players atleast. It's a great shame if he have to drop nations like Portugal really. As i consider it importent to have all the major colonial nations played on this map.
    I rather drop nations like Poland and Denmark first then, and possibly have both subbed the first and second session to prevent an early über expansion.
    We got a nice bunch of subs willing to play also.
    I still have trust in two more players to join us though, so we should be atleast eleven players when we start up.
    A game with 10-12 players got advantateges, it creates a more stable game. Which is perhaps better really.
    None really needs to expand so deep into Poland anymore, except perhaps for Russia. But the others will want that country as a buffer state, i know i certainly would if i played Austria-Brandenburg.

Also, this game is not about historical balance. This game is about eating or being eated

With a stable and balanced player roster, as we got in this game already, it is no problem to drop some key nations.

I consider it very unlikely that we manage to start next monday though,
    we do have alot to discuss and to decied up on. I'm however willing to start as soon as this is done.
    “Liberalism is trust of the people tempered by prudence. Conservatism is distrust of the people tempered by fear.” - William E. Gladstone

83278192, that's Fred, like me a crusty old-timer but nice enough, provided you don't wake him up during his nap - HolisticGod

Field Marshal

Playing day. VOTE!

I know that all you guys prefer different days to play. Mondays and wednesdays is prefered by the most, but it seems like all of you can play Tusdays aswell, if i understood it right.

It's time to vote folks, and wake this game alive for real

1.) Monday
    2.) Tuesday
    3.) Wednesday
    4.) BF4 Rocks so would play seven days a week if possible. (This option impress the GM, and i make nice cookies )
    In other words, either day is ok with you.

As for playing time, i'm thinking something around 18.00 CET to 23.00 CET.
    Probably 19.00 CET to 23.00 CET as that time fit the most good.

A.) 18.00 CET to 22.00 CET
    B.) 19.00 CET to 23.00 CET
    C.) Either is ok.

Edit: Post 2 updated on the first page.
    Last edited by Fredrik82; 15-01-2006 at 14:08.
    “Liberalism is trust of the people tempered by prudence. Conservatism is distrust of the people tempered by fear.” - William E. Gladstone

83278192, that's Fred, like me a crusty old-timer but nice enough, provided you don't wake him up during his nap - HolisticGod

Field Marshal

I vote 4A

Leading the Mombotian Horde Lurken's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

At the Temple of Mombot, nailing up 103 boards
    Vote 1A

Edit: Halfway there!
    Last edited by Lurken; 15-01-2006 at 13:39.

Cyborg
    HoI AnthologyDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3For The Glory
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

2B

I like a Field Marshall title arcorelli's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by FAL
    HoG, take a look at Fred's Austria in the thursday AoD game. He knows about it

I propose to lower the manpower of Portugal a bit. Portugal basically makes Spain too strong now. Sweden could have lower manpower as well.
    Although Portugal MP could be a bit lower, on the other side that MP makes Portugal less dependent of Spain.
    El hombre libre en ninguna cosa piensa menos que en la muerte, y su sabiduría no es meditación de la muerte, sino de la vida (Proposición 67, 4a Parte)
    Cuanta más perfección tiene cada cosa, más actúa y menos padece; y, al revés, cuanto más actúa, más perfecta es (Proposición 40, 5a parte)
    Spinoza. Ética

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2

1b

i get home at 1900cet and cant play tuesdays btw
    War of the Roses
    - The bill
    - the perfectly balanced weapon
    - Biggest WOTR wish - If both damage and deflection was scaled based on which point in the attack animation you are at when contact is made. This would represent clips and lesser blows that armour was especially effective at negating.
    - Most realistic WOTR wish - Increase deflection on heavy armour, especially against ranged
    - Balance - Nerf the headmans axe speed and increase miss/parry penalty slightly, peasant polearm overhead shouldnt instakill, reduce galo axe stab slightly, boost all polearms damage slightly and lucerne swing speed slightly - subtle only[*]

Me and my people have an understanding. They say what they want and i do what i want
    Fredrik the Great

"Video games don't affect us, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids we'd all be running around darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

ICQ 446554412

Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor The GloryGalactic AssaultEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

4b.
    Nico - Icon

'From without a thousand cycles
    A thousand cycles to come
    A thousand times to win
    A thousand ways to run the world'
    - Nico, 'Frozen Warnings' (The Marble Index)

Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by arcorelli
    Although Portugal MP could be a bit lower, on the other side that MP makes Portugal less dependent of Spain.
    I wouldn't lower Portuguese manpower too much though. Perhaps drop MP for Oporto, Lisbon and Alemtejo by one each. But defintely no further.
    Nico - Icon

A thousand times to win

Cyborg
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by PJL
    I wouldn't lower Portuguese manpower too much though. Perhaps drop MP for Oporto, Lisbon and Alemtejo by one each. But defintely no further.
    You played portugal with 1.3 right? The manpower is now ~50 in 1.4.

4B, 18.00 is fine most days, but since I'll have only five minutes inbteween getting home and starting to play, I risk getting late when there's a delay in public transports.
    AGCEEP High Council Member The great unified mod - AGCEEP 1.57
    Links to the first release of the HC map ICQ 174373941

Beware of the HoG
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Fred,

1C or 2C are fine with me. 3, however, likely is not. I'd rather not play BF4 right before BoP.
    HG

You want to live where the suffering is/I want to get out of town/Come on, baby, give me a kiss/Stop writing everything down/Both of us say there are laws to obey/Yeah, but frankly I don't like your tone/You want to change the way I make love/I want to leave it alone
    -Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Norrefeldt
    4B, 18.00 is fine most days, but since I'll have only five minutes inbteween getting home and starting to play, I risk getting late when there's a delay in public transports.
    I will have that problem even with an 1900 CET start.
    Nico - Icon

A thousand times to win

Field Marshal

So far we got.

Result
    Fredrik: 4A
    Cheecho: 1B
    HG: 1C, 2C
    Bâbur:
    Norre: 4B
    Juv:
    FAL: 2B
    PJL: 4B
    Mulliman: 4C
    Waldzwerg: 2B or 3B.
    Lurken: 1A
    Last edited by Fredrik82; 16-01-2006 at 17:51.

Cyborg

Fred,
    And I would suggest, for this game, that you do at least the following:

1. Boost Suleyman to 4 shock (he ought to be higher, but ah well)
    2. Boost Wallenstein to 5-5-5 (superb general)
    3. Boost Eugene to 5-6-6 (equal to Marley)
    4. Extend Frederick the Great to 1786, both monarch and leader
    5. Trim the uber English admirals so they aren't unbeatable (I'm thinking more Nelson-Cochrane here than Drake-Monke)
    6. Equalize the stats of Charles V and Carlos I or change Austria's monarch to Ferdinand (not recommended), because this is not an historical reproduction and Charles' focus for the HRE and Spain in history ought not impact his abilities as though he had dissociative identity disorder
    I support all of this and:

De Ruyter should not die in 1667, but in 1676. His death date of 1667 is a gross error. He died at the naval Battle of Stomboli on 8 January 1676.

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Ruyter
    [...]
    De Ruyter saved the situation for the Dutch in the Third Anglo-Dutch War. His strategic victories over larger Anglo-French fleets at the Battles of Solebay (1672), the double Schooneveld (1673) and Texel (Kijkduin) (1673) warded off invasion. The new rank of Lieutenant-Admiral-General was made especially for him in February 1673.
    Sigh, in vanilla the Dutch miss their best admiral for 9 years
    Last edited by FAL; 16-01-2006 at 16:27.

Field Marshal

Alright!

As the leader file got so many errors i'm willing to agree to most of this.
    However, i will not downgrade any leaders at all, if not proof strongly says something else. The reason why i agreed to boost suleyman to shock 4 is that he seldom manage to accomplish what he accomplished irl, militaristic that is.

1. Boost Suleyman to 4 shock
    2. Boost Wallenstein to 5-5-5 (despite that he lost all battles to G2A)
    3. Boost Eugene to 5-6-6 (equal to Marley)
    4. Extend Frederick the Great to 1786, both monarch and leader
    5. Extend De Ruyter to 8 January, 1676.

Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

Im supposed to join.
    Dont really know about weekdays yet, so ill put a vote for all of them .
    I play eu MP. So should you...

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

Rest in Peace, Daniel Auby

Crusader Kings II

2B or 3B.

2C or 3C
    Top 5 wish list:

1) Make DOWs and naval combats default pop-up messages. Add a separate air vs. naval bmbing pop-up message.
    2) Upgradable Soviet Guards (and elite MEC+ARM units)
    3) Limit GOI's
    4) Improve forts, engineer construction missions to get in line with the rest of the detail in the game.
    5) Dissent/threat hit for refusing trade of surplus resources when one/both of the parties are at peace to avoid resource starving pre-war strategies in MP.

Field Marshal

Final Result
    Fredrik: 4A
    Cheecho: 1B
    HG: 1C, 2C
    Norre: 4B
    Juv: 2C or 3C
    FAL: 2B
    PJL: 4B
    Mulliman: 4C
    Waldzwerg: 2B or 3B.
    Lurken: 1A

So far, i got cheech that cant play Tusdays, HG cant play wednesday and FAL cant play mondays.
    If i understood it right FAL is a bit unsure if he can stick with the campaign cause of school. So thats why i aim at mondays.
    First i need to know if Waldezwerg and Juv can play mondays also,
    if that is so. Then we'll play mondays.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 53 ... LastLast