• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do I detect the crumbling of an empire due to over ambition? A good civil war perhaps?

Yes I have just slogged through 70 pages of AAR, well not just, it's been gradual, but I've been here since page 30! Woo!

...and I've finally gotten around to writing a post...

Peck of Savoy said:
Do I detect the crumbling of an empire due to over ambition? A good civil war perhaps?

Great idea! How about a three-way split: Chose one follow-up nation, that one can reclaim the G/B Horde mantle upon furfilling certain conditions. Kinda like the split of the Timurid Empire and the resulting nations being able to become the Mughals. Harder to code than a set of revolts however, but it might be a nice challenge.

The Horde warriors eat rebels for breakfast. The Hiorde's done a three way civil war. The Mughuls haven't been fully conquered yet.

Ther Horde could do with an event that gets the Horde intothe Latin techgroup and reduces that crippling BB rating.

Grundius said:
Time for a great Khan. One with great stats and longevity.

Indeed, bring on Berger Khan

@Fnuco - Man, that picture is so wrong on so many levels.

there was bound to be a Khan who didn't die violently at the end of some sharp and pointy object....Unusual for a Khan, and unheard of, but good to see, actually. Now the quest for the throne can begin...who will be the one to prevail? A general from far away who conquers his way back to the capital to claim it? Or a near to the throne toady who plops his butt down on it before anyone else gets the chance? We'll have to wait to find out...Should prove interesting....

Amric said:
...who will be the one to prevail? A general from far away who conquers his way back to the capital to claim it? Or a near to the throne toady who plops his butt down on it before anyone else gets the chance?....

Great :D

Toady Toady Toady!

Much like what they used to say about the HRE, it appears your Holy Golden Alliance is neither Holy, nor indeed Golden anymore. Perhaps, not even much of an alliance. ;)

billy bob - But it's always been the Holy Golden Alliance, why now?

stnylan - Will he be the last?

Grundius - I hope so.

SirruShan - I love Monty Python too. Must look them up on Youtube now.

Chief Ragusa - A good Khan yes, but no fighting among generals, yet.

SunZyl - Just allies with them.

GregóriodeMatos - Exactly, had it not been for the disease Ulugh may well have run into an angry mob.

Bismarck1 - The Black Hordes days are not yet numbered.

Fnuco - Thanks, glad to have you along Fnuco :)

Terraferma - I agree.

GrimPagan - I like that analogue :D

Peck of Savoy - Not yet. Glad to have you along thanks for following for so long.

Grundius - I do really like that idea. Not just yet though.

Chief Ragusa - I somewhat think that gonig into Latin would be cheating as would reducing the BB. Maybe Orthodox group perhaps? The next update gives me a nice bonus though along those lines.

The Real Deal - Not just yet. Maybe during the civil war (if there is one that is)

Amric - A Khan dying naturally is bound to happen by accident every so often. Not quite so much bloodshed during this transition.

The Real Deal - A toad Khan :eek:

coz1 - Indeed, in the last couple of wars I never even invited them, they're no help at all really.

black.png
Murtada II : Part 1
Ulugh may have died childless but he did not die heirless, his heir was his cousin. Normally this would have caused little fuss but this cousin was a little different.
562-murtada.png

Murtada causes a stir
557-murtada.png

The New Khan
Rebels4.gif

Just some of the revolts that change often brings for the Horde

Only a short time into Murtada's reign also saw another period of big change, the turn of the century. Despite the fact that this was a Christian date and as such irrelevant to a Muslim nation like the Horde it was still seen in with a series of customary rebellions. Murtada's first year in power would be occupied almost solely with the task of crushing these..

Just as it looked the troubles might be over Murtada received a message from the Sultan of Ak Koyunlu. In slightly more colourful language than this it likened Murtada to a foreign rodent who liked to take sustenance from the deposits of the Mongol imitators he now presided over.

Needless to say the insult was clear. So too was the need to act upon it. If Ak Koyunlu were allowed such freedom to act towards the Horde in this kind of manner who knows what might be next? The appropriate response was soon made and the armies of the Horde made their way over the border. The "Holy" Golden Alliance was not brought into action, there was no need.
558-akkoyunlu.png

Ak Koyunlu pays for their mistake

The invasion was very successful. The armies of Ak Koyunlu were obliterated and the task of capturing Nussaybin began. About the empire revolts were beginning to calm down and Murtada began to feel happy and comfortable in the throne. However he was slightly shaken by an ominous sign that appeared in early 1701.
559-ominous.png

Does this omen tell of the future?

Soon other matters though pushed it from his mind. These included an uprising in Berezov. The uprising was different than most. It was a native led one. Of course it still met the same fate usually given to rebels and uzbeks.
560-natives.png

Variety is the spice of life, at least it ain't rebels for a change

January the 13th 1702 brought with it a clear frosty morning in Astrakhan. The quiet of the new day was broken only by the sounds of two riders bearing important messages for Murtada. The first to arrive came from the war with Ak Koyunlu. His news was good, he informed the Khan that Nussaybin was all under Horde control and asked how did he wish to proceed on the matter now? The second messenger arrived a little later. He looked very weary. After a short rest he disclosed that he had come from the lands under the off-white beyond the Homeland. His news was startling. Another nation had been discovered occupying the vast area.

How very considerate of all those rebels to celebrate the new Khan's accession in traditional Horde style!

A new nation, a new opportunity for BK expansion!

I am very impressed with the gif image, how long did it take you to do and how hard was it to learn to make them. Im guessing yourve become alot better with photoshop or whatever program you use since starting this AAR.

Its reasonable that you gain Russian culture, quite the turnaround.

Last edited:
A good Khan and Russian culture? DoW, are you getting soft ;) ?

Murtada looks like he could make the Black Horde even better.

A good khan and russian culture would permit the adoption of Orthodox techgroup. It would be accompanied with the usual revolts that change always brings. hough you did not ride all over Muscovy in the way you did Poland, you have always treated theMuscovites as wannabe Tartars and deserved some payoff.

Forceannexing Ak Koyounlu and diploannexing Mongolia is going to put you right on the brink of BB wars, isn't it. The title Scourge of the East suggests that the Horde would not go in for any event that reduced BB rating as that would reduce their badness. The Khans might like a bit of goodwill to break out, the generals, on the other hand, like to keep their armies active.

You could have the opportunity to station a general and army in Poland and gain the accession of that general's son or grandson as Khan and Polish as a state culture in about 50 years time.

Hmmmmm... a worrying cliff hanger...but thankfully, since the Horde's not Christian, the 666 shouldn't have any effect...hopefully...