• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1,480 posts and 53,707 views! You're right when you wrote you’re possibly going to set a record before you’re done with this ARR. :cool: I’ve caught up and its amazing how much has changed and how much has stayed the same. Speaking of the same I see the Uzbeks are still kicking up their heels. Pesky little beggars aren’t they. :D I think they have out done even ‘my’ Crimea as a pain in the ass. Still it could be worst but I can’t think of how right now. I was surprised when you used Denmark to get access to Ennedica. Well done. I must say the Golden Horde is looking particularly fat and happy at this time. Any thoughts on moving east and taking on China?

Joe

Grundius said:
Your maps crack me up :rofl:

Damn straight :rofl: Delhicatessen, Monkland, Imitation GH and the Shites :D

The actually Horde kingdom also looks very sweet, very pretty :)

Regarding the Turk peace....yeah I had forgot this was a mod, gold is good!!!

Just what is the BB at this time?

lilljonas - It's a common phrase. Sure to be heard again.

Deus - Nah just enough spare time at the moment to afford this luxury. There was killing. All of Iraq's heir and ruelrs were killed.

Chief Ragusa - Persia will be tidied up in time, it really is a mess. I can't claim Mongolia's throne as they are pagan :(

J. Passepartout - :D Maybe, maybe.....

SunZyl - They will be incorporated in time but at the moment taking them puts me VERY close to the BB limit.

GrimPagan - Yeah a few similarities between the last map but enough difference to make it worthwhile.

Saulta - Thanks, I think it looks quite good too :)

Mettermrck - Cheers, it's true Golden Horde reallyi s the most appropriately named nation in the game.

stnylan - You have a good foresight ;)

Grundius - Thanks. They grant military access to me and the OE so that keeps em alive.

Nobegow - Thanks. I kinda liekd those too if I may say so myself.

Bismarck1 - If only they'd give me a reason or better yet DOW me.

pjrap - They've actually been fairly peaceful with Muscovy but as you say they ate all the others.

LoopyLewis - Thanks and welcome along.

The_Imp - Thanks, yeah and getting into Persia alone is still pretty good.

Rotten Venetic - Thanks. The nation in Siberia is Mongolia. They are Fars but previously I had the Khans show their contempt for them by calling them Farce. Then when they became friends that had to stop and they be more friendly.

GregóriodeMatos - It's a long term goal but at the moment not worth the BB.

Storey - Thanks. Glad to have you back. I can't really call the uzbeks too much of a pain since its all my doing unlike your Crimea. I'll have to sort them out eventually. Denmark were the only viable option to get into Ennedica as Engalnd and France have both failed to colonise the area more than one or two provs. Denmark have a big area there. I'm still amazed at how many views this is getting.

The Real Deal - Thanks. I thoguht Delhicatessen might have been too cheesy. Gold is very good :D BB at the moment is ~40 out of 48.

2-header.jpg
Chigishi : Part 7
Chigishi's armies rushed to Karsak to put down the revolt. However something was triggered in Chigishi and he was no longer satisfied with simply killing the rebels laying siege to his cities.
492-numberone.png

497-bad.png
The beginning of the 'Year of Blood'

Chigishi may have been a fit Khan and one who could achieve great victories against a superior foe but he was still poorly skilled in dealing with internal problems. His efforts to quell the uzbeks were brutal but ineffective.
493-numbertwo.png

The failings of oppression become apparent
496-karsak.png

498-notundercontrol.png
The matter is far from being controlled​

While attempts were made to keep knowledge of the uzbek troubles from the general population such a widespread problem leaked out soon enough. It was not good news for the Khan as the stories of repeated losses and failures spread disquiet through the realm.
494-justwhatsneeded.png

Definitely not what is needed, on the bright side at least the Horde apparently qualifies as an advanced western European nation.

So with the situation growing worse and even spreading Chigishi was forced to take decisive and immediate action.
495-theultimatum.png

In an unexpected turn the uzbeks gain the upper hand

No, what I meant was that there were two map pictures, when the last should probably be some rebels getting their asses (and heads) handed to them.

Duke of Wellington said:
So at last the warmongering of Iraq was silenced. Of course such an occasion meant updating maps.
488-map.jpg

The Chigishi map of 1659

A month later even better news arrived. At last the heretics of Chernigov had been converted to Islam. Chigishi could now truthfully claim to rule over a realm entirely of the true faith.

But just taking over Iraq isn't the end of it all. There's always insurgents to add to the experience.
488-map.jpg

Insurgents give Chigishi the full 'Iraq Experience'

And no negosiations with terrorists. Not even when their demands are modest and quite reasonable, and you in all fairness is a greater terrorist then they will ever be.

Now there was enough blood and violence, though the horde seems to be weaternized. Fortunately the favourite sport of Uzbek-hunting, which is a long standing and honored tradition of the GH, hasn't dissapeared.

I must say that that I'm sad to see that the Uzbeks sport of Chigishihunting isn't outlawed yet. How can a normal hordesman accept this, I dare say?

Things have taken a serious turn for the worse - at least for Chigishi. For Chigalda, it's the prospect of becoming Khan and using Chigishi's death as a unifying clarion call to the Horde to finally deal with the uzbeks. It is time to leave all their bones to blanche on the Steppe for the vultures.

Question does Uzbeks get total independence or become your satelits. because if they do you migh consider giving them that authonomy.

Anyway your empire is quit enough big to maintain. You have to councour thouse Siberian lands you know.

Anyway you should get them puppeted or something like that. That uzbek uprising thing just takes to much of your AAR. We want war not stupid Partisans :rofl:

The Horde is now wanting to consider themselves Western Infidel Nations? What about Chigshi dies and the Horde receives a Khan that is proud to not be European?

Eh, your decision will probably be for best of the Horde, but do the Horde's people with the culture of beheading care for their Khan enough, or let him die and launch an ethnical cleaning under a new Khan? So much mystery for the next update.

That's a lot of revolt-events. By now it would be expected that the Uzbeks declared independence on their own, not that they're ransoming Chigishi for it. Any Uzbek leader would've rather applied to Golden Horde tradition (reasonable to consider, after all, with 100+ years of occupation): beheaded Chigishi, proclaim independence and raid the GH. Now that would've been a headache, and revolters on all sides to calm down that bb.

Oops. Now you can't do this. Drat. :mad:

This would not be the Horde way:

Chigishi is rescued from certain death by an Orthodox priest who escaped the massacre of his fellow priests in Chernigov. In gratitude, Chigishi follows the Orthodox path. He releases the Uzbeks and 7 other vassal states in Eurasia, lets Ennedica go as a vassal state in the New World, gains the orthodox tech group and keeps the best 30 provinces for the new look Horde. He'd have to face down several Horde revolts including wannabe-Khan Chigalda.

Naturally, I favour Horde tradition in "Let their bones rot upon the Steppe".

Chigishi must be sacrificed to prevent uzbek independence!

uzbeks? INDEPENDENCE? Those 2 words in one phrase?????

NO WAY :D

In games terms I always found putting down revolts tedious so my advice is to drop kick the little buggers out the door. Besides you can have the satisfaction of reconquering them. ;)

Joe