• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Duke of Wellington said:
billy bob - Yeah, but I did like having them there as a powerful threat. It kept things more interesting.

That it does! Hopefully you find more opposition otherwise it gets very boring hearing victory after victory! :D

Duke of Wellington said:
billy bob - Actually it's four now. They have Medina too.

Always have to do this huh?! Always the correcting! :D

The last truly powerful islamic nation has been broken utterly. However, one should not get too cocky. The western nations are not weak. You COULD go after Mongolia and retake the homelands. HOWEVER, you cannot leave your borders undefended. Doing so would encourage the infidels to attack and try and weaken the Horde's power. Which would be bad.

Getting to Egypt was nice, but just walking in and taking a bunch of old Egyptian idols and such was hardly the point. It was symbolic at the core of it all. However, it is important to ensure that you eventually combine all islamic peoples under one banner, that of the Horde. Which means at some point you will have to have a small fleet to reach the island nation of Java, which I believe becomes and has become Muslim soon. Malacca as well. Plus you have Oman and the rest of the Arabian pennisula to subdue. Then all of Northern Africa. Mongolia and the other little 'hordes' like the Chagatai to incorporate into your realm. Once you have absorbed all that is Muslim then you should be able to turn your full attention to the west and turn it to the true faith as well. If you control all that is islamic you will have the mightiest of empires and one that should be capable of taking on the west and winning.

Chief Ragusa - I have currently about 8BB in hand. Not much at all. I can wait around but of vourse that isn't too fun. I will have to at some time though.

Bismarck1 - I can't either. And I know who will win :D

coz1 - Any help is always appreciated.

billy bob - Well I shall do my best to keep it interesting.

Amric - There's a long way to go to control the Islamic world but I am dominating it. I wanted more than just a symbolic victory in Egypt but thoguh I controlled Alexandria the cost in warscore to take it off of the OE was more than they would accept. Going for Mongolia would be very nice but without a CB I can't afford the BB :(

2-header.jpg
Chigishi : Part 6
At last it was time. Chigishi despatched his men for Baghdad and within a couple of months the Khan of Iraq and all his heirs were beheaded, poisoned, garrotted, stabbed, strangled, drowned, fallen, missing or in pieces. This left Iraq with something of a succession crisis. Fortunately it was solved by Chigishi who promptly proclaimed himself the heir to the throne. A few protested but were quickly beaten down with arguments featuring long words like primogenitural-agnatic-salic-gavelkind.

So at last the warmongering of Iraq was silenced. Of course such an occasion meant updating maps.
488-map.jpg

The Chigishi map of 1659

A month later even better news arrived. At last the heretics of Chernigov had been converted to Islam. Chigishi could now truthfully claim to rule over a realm entirely of the true faith.

But just taking over Iraq isn't the end of it all. There's always insurgents to add to the experience.
489-insurgents.png

Insurgents give Chigishi the full 'Iraq Experience'
They were of course dealt with in short order. Thus giving them their first taste of the Horde Experience; getting trampled by thousands of hooves.

The coming of the new decade, the 60's saw new happenings in the far away colony of Nipissing. At last it had reached a population milestone whereby it now be referred to as the first civilised city in Ennedica.
490-firstcivilisednationinennedica.png

Civilisation gains a real foothold on the continent

The next few years were to be a business as usual type time. Revolts were crushed, colonies expanded, insurgents killed, armies maintained, rebellions quashed. The only event of real note was that Horde scientists at last realised by adding an extra merchant to a centre of trade they could gain lots more money.
python1.jpg

The Horde's scientists head out for celebrations following their great discovery

For the majority of Chigishi's reign the uzbeks had remained quiet. Perhaps the dumber ones had succumbed to the evolutionary pressure of the Horde army and only the wiser ones remained (note: wiser is a relative measure) thus they were realising the futility of resistance. Perhaps they had given up hope. Whatever the reason they chose to change things in 1664. Upon no provocation the uzbeks of Karsak rose up.
491-provocation.png

Once again they clamour to be beheaded
There may have been no provocation for the uprising but it was more than enough for Chigishi. His army rushed to quell the rebellion quickly. But he would not be satisfied with just this. He wanted once and for all to be remembered as the Khan who dealt to the uzbeks. It was time to finish them.

Last edited:
"Finish them"? I think I remember hearing about the Uzbeks being finished quite a few times by now! :D Good going in the Middle East, though. Chipping away at some of those smaller nuisances that call themselves countries should be a snap. Whats your BB rating right now?

UUh two updates in one day! Have you fallen ill (considering all the time you have to spend)? Or is it just a case of monday blues. Anyways, great seeing expansion although not so very unhordly. where is killing and all the good stuff?

Persia is such an unsightly rabble of colours; Gold would be so much nicer.

The final day of reckoning for the once noble Uzbek people is fast approaching.

I see your mongolian problem - off- white -so you will need a conquistador before you can attack them. You can then claim their throne gaining a CB, though that will dissolve your other royal marriages.

Plenty of places to colonise, merchants to send and Uzbeks to crush.

... there appears to be two identical maps up there. Not that I am in any way claiming that the writer is an illiterate and ignorant savage who have never heard about soap or hygiene.

I atleast hope that the incorperation of Iraq will prove itself to be a step to end all war mongering nations. Atleast those of a christian persuation.

Good work Duke, that´s one great empire you´ve got there!

I wonder, the uzbeks have proven to be the downfall of more thna on Khan...

Lol, that map really cracked me up - esp. your rewriting of "Shiites" and "Sweden" and dubbing Moskow "Wannabe Tatars". Though they were, basically.

What is up with the nation formerly known as Farce? They don't look like they've changed capital, that is indeed Fars. And the other purple would be afghanistan, no?

What's that nation in Siberia?

Uhh, so many questions.