• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll take a stab at it, so to speak and then I'd like to repay Sawaida in like manner for the loyalty he showed his brother. :rolleyes:

The Danes traded the Horde their maps. The ships are to take Ennedi across the known deep blue and deposit him on some off-white shore and let him explore. Ennedi did not really want to do this, but his alternative was putting down the next Uzbek revolt single-handedly. :rofl:

Duke W, I just want to say that the clever captions on your pictures are always a delight -- one of the nice, enjoyable touches in this superb AAR.

Now as for the boats: what I would do as the GH Khan would be to build a large fleet of galleys to protect the Sea of Azov. Of course, that's just what I would do. What Suwaida plans, ...? :confused:

Now the true rampaging horde begins. Whereever there is a plains to stampede over, they'll be there. Whereever there are uzbeks or Uzbek proxies to subjugate, they'll be there. Personally, I can't wait.

2-header.jpg
Suwaida : Part 2

450-chigishi.png
Chigishi finally takes up a permanent position after recovering from a year or two of partying following his victory​

The mid 1640's became known in the Horde as the years of the angry allies. First of all Chagatai declared war upon Tibet. It looked to be a pointless war that could bear little and would delay efforts to annex Ferghana. Suwaida therefore immediately offered peace. It was accepted but much to Suwaida's surprise and frustration his allies refused to co-operate and continued the war. Were they sick of being sold out by the Horde or were Suwaida's well known crazy schemes weakening the Horde's reputation?

But Suwaida didn't let it bother him. Instead he revealed to Ennedi the purpose of the boats and gifts to Denmark. Suwaida had heard stories of a great land to the west. It had untold riches on offer but was already being taken by the Christians, Denmark among them. Not content to let this happen Suwaida had arranged for Ennedi to be allowed through Danish colonies which would be reached with the aid of those foreign contraptions, boats.

Ennedi and his men departed, to much fanfare, in mid 1643. But it shortly after leaving port on the Sea of Azow it became clear that either sails or oars would be needed to reach the destination.

Fortunately the hapless mariners were carried back in by the tide some hours later and the necessary alterations were begun.

So one month later than planned Ennedi left on his historic boat voyage (which even in itself would be a first for the Horde). The horrors of being somewhere devoid of tree or rock, that wasn't the steppes, were immense and Ennedi's relief at standing once again on land was such that he modestly gave the new place the inelegant name Ennedica.
458-arribing.png

The Horde boldly sets foot in Ennedica

Ennedica was soon found to be cold, barren and windswept so naturally the Tatars felt quite at home and immediately began efforts to build a town.
461-firsttown.png

The first civilised settlement in Ennedica

Meanwhile a peace was at last concluded between the Horde's allies and Tibet. Suwaida was delighted to be able to continue efforts to annex Ferghana. But the time wasn't known as the years of the angry allies for only a war with Tibet. Iraq once again came to the party and stuffed things up.
455-irag.png
Surprise, surprise. Looks as if the Ottoman war advisors have moved to Baghdad​
As before Suwaida made peace with the enemy immediately. But again the Horde's allied called the deal illegal and continued their war on Ethiopia.

This was quite an insult to Suwaida and not one that went unnoticed in the Horde. His support already strained by his new ideas began to crumble. When that happens to a Khan it is only a matter of time before the end. I came in July 1646. Chigishi, now a living legend in the Horde, marched on Astrakhan with a large army.
456-takingover.png

Chigishi rides
There was no resistance and Suwaida was quickly forced to abdicate by means of beheading. Chigishi was crowned that day thus bringing an end to the period of the mad brothers reign.

---------------------------------------

Note: On my old computer I never patched the folder of this game to 1.09 because I wasn't sure of compatibility at the time. When I installed the patch though it updated this game to 1.09 anyway. However when I switched the folder over to my new computer it appears the patching did not carry over in this game. I didn't realise until the problems with the leader of alliance cropped up. It has now been fixed.

Duke of Wellington said:
Ennedi and his men departed, to much fanfare, in mid 1643. But it shortly after leaving port on the Sea of Azow it became clear that either sails or oars would be needed to reach the destination.

The picture in my mind of the ships leaving without sails or oars is just priceless.

They're not modest about settlement naming are they, these Golden Horde explorers. Let's hope Ennedi will eplore some more provinces.

A very creatiive use of an in game bug.

Abdicating by way of beheading: that'll work every time. Good luck to Khan Chigishi.

Last edited:
I always heard of this thread but read it through today starting from early morning. now it is 18:00. Duke, you own my company one day of an engineer's work:)

and well, this message means I am subscribed to this thread. And one more thing: I am of Crimean origin :D

I claim the throne of the horde.

Huzzah! Now with our Main Man in charge, both allies and foes will regret their insolence! :)

Oh and good luck with the settlement. Remember though: never let your guard down when you have Danes for neighbours. ;)

There was no resistance and Suwaida was quickly forced to abdicate by means of beheading.
As a traditionalist I am glad to see the old customs maintined. Still, a madman was apparently exactly what the Horde needed to expand horizons, even if he was awfully fond of peace!

Your note on the different game versions was ironic -- we get so spoiled by the nice rules changes that we take them for granted. :p Glad to see you recovered in the end.

I would bow my head for a moment of silence in Suwaida's honor, but for the fear that my outstretched neck would suffer the same fate. So I will drink a toast for Caniapiscau instead.

Just curious -- are there not still many lands available for colonization in Siberia? Why bother with the remotest part of North America? :confused:

Diploannex those vexatious allies before they land you in another war with the Ottomans, but who this time are prepared. Do the Chagatai know of China?

Without wishing the fate of Jagala's sons upon myself, I dare suggest an alliance with Poland-Lithuania or Austria.

I am left pondering the whereabout of ex-Khan Sayyid. I feel sure he's formenting trouble.