• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It was forced completely not even a b option :( but that makes sense since it was a hostile declaration of independence. Just like I figure all the events will be. So far I've lost 12 provinces to events far more than I've ever lost to wars etc in all my other games of EU2 and EU1 combined.

Great war vs Uzbek yet the Crimean thing sucks! Nonetheless, I have no doubts that you will destroy Crimea. Good luck with it!

Well other countries and old man winter turned out to be great helpers in this war. Shame about Crimea though. I know Storey is cringing. Definitely read Three Countries One Goal by him. And I've seen Crimea do that in my game as well. It seems inevitable. And that's one huge Crimea which I think may be feeling Horde-esque steel soon.

Grundius - Grrrr Crimea :mad: :mad: :mad: I'll get em....

Coz1 - Cavalry armies too are a huge help. The battle against the first invaders pitted 18K against 10K then 9K. All 19K of theirs were lost while only a couple of hundred of mine. This sort of thing was to be repeated again and again. I'll just go check out the 3 countries aar..

Duke of Wellington said:
Hmmm just had a look at the 3 countries AAR. I hope that isn't going to be Crimea's history in this one. BTW Does anyone know if all the declarations of independence were events or simply provinces left under rebel control too long?

Rebel DoI's require that the province is in rebel hands for 3 years, or so I read somewhere. At least it won't happen overnight. I do not know if ALL provinces need to be held for three years or just one. Once Crimea is founded, the defections might be events though, like the ones that cede Holland, Gelre, Friesland and Zeeland to The Netherlands when they come into existence. But you should have had some message then.

Its three years for a rebel province to declare independence if its possible. But reading the 3 countries aar Crimea declared independence many many times. I stopped counting at around 5. This seems just too many for the standard rules. Perhaps there are continual events that grant it independence.

Storey's Three Countreis was written under vanilla EUII so it was only due to simple revolt that they continued their DoIs. Your events are part of the AGCEEP that pretty much makes that happen by event (I think.) Like I said, it occured in my Castile game as well.

In Storey's game while he played Georgia he would conquer Crimea, but then during his turns as the Pope or the Mamelukes Crimea would invariably revolt from the AI Georgia which couldn't hang on to them. Storey's reactions were truly priceless. :D

In your game it shouldn't be so bad, except for scripted events like the one that just hit you (I don't know if there are more). However, Crimea does have lots of cores, so if you only own SOME of them and others are in rebel hands for a long time, it's possible that a newborn Crimea would take one or more of your provinces if they are rebel controlled, even if for only a short time. In any case it's an area that requires pretty much constant policing. A bunch of troublemakers! :p

Now I want to see how Ulugh handles the Crimean problem -- Mongol style. :D

Hopefully AGCEEP is the same then. Once I've dealt with Crimea Mongol style (However that might be;)) As long as I keep the provs in control it should be ok.

I'm not entirely certain if these initial events happened because of time. It could have been because when the event with Ulugh's brother fired Azow and Crimea both immediately went to rebel control. This could have triggered it too.

:D :D :D Sorry but I had to laugh when I saw Crimea do its thing. :D :D

Just an idea but you might think about taking back those provinces that you really want to keep and let Crimea have the rest. Then get them in your alliance and at some future date, waaaaay in the future, diplo-annex them. Maybe that way you won't have the headache of Crimea popping up constantly. :D :D Sorry but I can't help laughing.

Joe

Good going, and don't be put down by some rebelling lords trying to break up you realm. A khan has to be able to take the blows, and strike back even harder, something you've managed to do so far. :D
(The Jizya wasa bug, and have been reported in the AGCEEP forum. Thanks.)

Norrefeldt said:
It will be fixed in the next version (1.40) that is soon to be released. It will only hit you if you have hindu provinces.
Thats good. Though as I recall it wasn't really too bad only -1 stab which the Horde never has anyway and +125 ducats certainly pretty good.

Hey Duke, very nice AAR. I was very impressed by your excellent game screenshots and ability to pick the right events from your story to keep the narrative flowing! I do wish you would include more role-play about the Mongols, would help spice up an otherwise good story. But, like I said, an excellent job. I'm new to AAR's myself and hope you don't mind I used your story as a palette for my own. Any copyright infringement feel free to sue :p

If you ever get time to continue working on this I look forward to reading it.

Cerol Roberts said:
Any copyright infringement feel free to sue :p
Just working on that :p Just read your aar and its good. Glad to know I inspired it a bit :)

Cerol Roberts said:
I do wish you would include more role-play about the Mongols
Does this mean more writing like your own style? I've tried to inc;ude little bits in my own, I like writing them but always feel they are not too good. Thanks for the compliments

Nah, not really my style. Hah, that is a bad idea any way you look at it.

Maybe I was a little too hasty when I said that, but I enjoyed in you story when you mentioned how the Golden Horde was named after Mongollian directions, or the viciousness of its armies in battle. Things like that caught my eye, though it just felt like there wasn't enough of it.

Let me also mention that one nice thing about your story is its relatively brevity. I've read a lot of net stories that are too long (mine fall under that category) and your brisk, cut to the point style is well suited for this medium.