• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Talkingdonkey - I think this bunch of men may be quite strong, afterall its hard to stick a knife in someones back if others are watching it all the time. Though maybe the knife could come from within the group.....

Grundius - Thanks, I just tell it like it was ;)

Lurken - Interesting comparison

stnylan - They certainly act like they do anyhow

Iche_Bins - It gets worse. Sunglasses were common in the Golden Horde if no where else. It helps train their eyes to see in the dark, all the better to see assassins with.

Vann the Red - Thanks for the compliment

The Real Deal - If you keep that up don't expect many more replies :mad:

jwolf - I hope so but I think the Reckep are keen on keeping a weak Khan like Batu II in charge.

That is a very good job. I congratulate you on your new found glory and the Reckep screwing you over later. :D Sorry i have been gone.

Duke of Wellington said:
If you keep that up don't expect many more replies :mad:

Sorry :( My apologies.

It was late, I was tired, confused...then I saw them. 24,489 valiant men emerged from the darkness, in full stride they ran in glory to give battle, being led by the ledgendary Klassy Flemming, I was impressed and overwhelmed with Swedish pride...then I made my comment... :eek:o .

I recant my earlier statement, being under extreme duress as I was and wish to express my undying devotion to the Horde...long live the Golden Boys.

Does a Khan need a reason? Perhaps it is better to forgive on occasion to keep all the other's guessing? On very rare occasions of course. ;)

2-header.jpg
The Reckep : Part 3
The Reckep's first year in power had been a brilliant success. At least thats what the headline in The Tatar Times™ read and none dared contradict it after the editor of The Horde Herald™ suffered an unfortunate accident.

In truth even Qutlugh realised the future was not rosy. But as the old Golden Horde saying goes 'You can't win an arguement without cutting off a head.' The Reckep had expected a mess but now it was time to clean up.

Burilgi ordered the a Horde army outmaneuver the Swedes by making use of access through Muscowy to strike at the occupied territories.

The offensive was a success (to the dismay of Berke who hadn't liked the plan from the start). Two Swedish armies were beaten and Karelia was laid siege.

In the far south clearly the people felt that the Reckep's attention was diverted.
268-revoltinsouth.jpg
The people of the Horde do what they do best​
But they were mistaken. The scattered Uzbek and Sibir armies were gathered and the rebellious army smashed easily on the shores of the Aral Sea.

As a preventative measure against further rebellions a program of propaganda was begun.
273-bigboke.jpg
Some of the Reckep's efforts at pacifying the population​
In Bukhara the program was a success as no more revolts began there for some months. But the same could not be said of the Ukraine. For there thousands including the local garrison went into open revolt after Boke publically called all Ukrainians 'a bunch of lying cheating varmints, no better than the Uzbeks'. This was the result of an incident in which a Ukrainian born magician 'pulled' a ducat from behind Boke's ear. The general was delighted to discover such an easy source of wealth but when he could find no more gold there he was outraged and concluded he had been robbed.
A similar incident is believed to have sparked the war between England and Spain that lasted from 1739 until 1748.

More positive news arrived in late 1557. It appeared Sweden had overextended herself and underestimated winter. Her forces were now reported to be stalled around Arkhangelsk unwilling or unable to go further.
267-stalled.jpg

Stalled

Though the Reckep were not particularly religious they decided it wise to thank Allah for the small favour, just in case. It was decided Poltava should be converted. But being military men they decided the sword was mightier than the pen and over one thousand people were slaughtered until Islam became the majority religion in the province.

Apparently the Reckep had learned from their first year. Things were looking up, they were cleaning up the mess well. But rebellions were still common and the threat of invasion had not dissipated.

Duke of Wellington said:
Though the Reckep were not particularly religious they decided it wise to thank Allah for the small favour, just in case. It was decided Poltava should be converted. But being military men they decided the sword was mightier than the pen and over one thousand people were slaughtered until Islam became the majority religion in the province.
Sounds like the way of the Reckep...

What a coincidence, I just watched 1984 in TV last night and now you have something like it in your AAR :wacko:

What happend to the province conquered by venice?

Good?
Hum, very interesting, kinda scary that what it is. Its a movie to think about. I think seeing the movie, or reading the book, is a must for everybody.

Did you actually try to buy venice out of the war?