• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2-header.jpg
Sa'adat's Reign : Part 5
The rebellion had gone far enough this time Sa'adat was not allowing it to continue he would stamp it out once and for all.
193-dealingtoem.jpg
Over three quarter's of the Horde's army was mobilised for the offensive, this retaliation would be decisive.​

Seeing the chaos further north nationalists in the Horde's southernmost lands took the opportunity to attempt further their own dreams but got only sharp Horde scimitar's in return.
194-rebelssouthchina.jpg
China's watches on, presumably wanting tips on how to deal with rebels for the future​

Sa'adats anti rebel offensive was quick. The rebel armies though numerous were unable to put up a stiff resistance. They quickly fled before the Horde. As always though Sa'adat faced a problem. Rebels could be beaten on the battlefield easily but they were always able to melt away quickly into the general population. As a precaution against a second uprising Sa'adat stationed his armies in the provinces most at risk before retiring to Bakchi-Sarai in Crimea.

195-allwest.jpg
By leaving all his central armies in the west Sa'adat had left his capital wide open. This was the moment Temruden had been waiting for. The lord from Uralsk had orchestrated the revolts to draw the army away. Now he was free to lead his own army onto Tsaritysn. The small garrison there opened the gates to Temruden who marched triumphantly through the city unoppsed.
196-seized.jpg
Temruden seizes the capital​

Everywhere Temruden was welcomed as a liberator. Only one army in Jedisan opposed him.
197-army.jpg

Sa'adat though could do nothing to oppose the newcomer it was all too swift. Now once again the Horde would be ruled by a true Tatar not a traitorous Crimean.

2-header.jpg
Ulugh II's Reign : Part 1
Ulugh was fortunate. His true Tatar birth ensured he had to do little to consolidate his power. The only opposition came from the one army in Jedisan that foolishly had backed Sa'adat.
198-armymoves.jpg

Ulugh orders the rebellious army them to feel Horde justice

Ulugh's first move in power was to assume personal control over the army as a full time position.
199-newleader.jpg
This was not something done since the time of Khan Ahmad, since then Khan's had become lazy only leading when it suited them. This move put Ulugh in good stead with the army from the beginning.

It all showed Ulugh's wise character. Though young at the age of only 27, he had already ruled over Uralsk for 10 years. During that time economic reforms had taken place and the population had been kept exceptionally appeased. All signs pointed to Ulugh becoming as great as his namesake.
200-ulughagain.jpg

oooh....the Golden King has arrived?

Now time to turn the tables on Crimea and remind them who is boss.

jwolf said:
That new monarch looks pretty good. :)

Pretty good!?!? Are you kidding? In my current game I have a 2/1/2 monarch; I would sell several provinces with expert rebells to have a monarch half as good ;) .

Last edited:
I would almost say he is too good. Usually there seems to be a tradeoff with most monarchs, where they are good one area while they suck at another.

Very interesting change of events, I had thoughtr the horde would somehow inherit crimea, but this way is really nice :)

GrimPagan Na I don't think so, just thnm of friedrich the great of Brnadenburg/Prussia having 9/9/9 or Petr I also 9/9/9 and Ekatrina II with 9/9/8 of Russia ... I'm sure that not all monarchs of the horde that follow will be superheros ;)

About time the GH got out from under the oppresive yolk of Crimean oppression. Now to lower the boom and finish them off. It cannot be allowed to happen again.

Iche_Bins said:
Very interesting change of events, I had thoughtr the horde would somehow inherit crimea, but this way is really nice :)

GrimPagan Na I don't think so, just thnm of friedrich the great of Brnadenburg/Prussia having 9/9/9 or Petr I also 9/9/9 and Ekatrina II with 9/9/8 of Russia ... I'm sure that not all monarchs of the horde that follow will be superheros ;)

Ekatrina? Whats that? Russian Xena?

Lurken - Hopefully :D

stnylan - Will do

jwolf - No just edited the savefiles creating some revolts then changed the monarch etc.

The Suebian - He is very good

GrimPagan - I am inclined to agree. When making him I just wanted to have a good monarch for once. Also I had forgotten about the bonus to diplo from aristo. I think I will reduce his diplo rating it should be smaller.

Iche_Bins - I'm looking forward to playing the next round I think it will be interesting

coz1 - Don't worry ;)

Is the golden horde followed by revolts all through the game?!

And, are you the first one to ever manage to last as a the golden horde this long?

No, historically the Horde was gone by 1502 and usually it is when the ai is in command. Players though can do much better, unfortunately theres no events after 1502. Though in some ways that good it means no unwelcome rebellions. I made up all the events that just happened.

BTW I have reduced Ulugh's diplo rating significantly, a monarch who seized power in such a way would be unlikely to be recognised by the international community

Duke of Wellington said:
No, historically the Horde was gone by 1502 and usually it is when the ai is in command. Players though can do much better, unfortunately theres no events after 1502.

That's why I took advantage of the scripted event to change from the Golden Horde to Crimea. ;) Are you or the Ottomans still at war with Austria or anyone else?

Joe

jwolf - Perhaps :D but I also thought they would be fearful to recognise the new khan lest it encourage something similar in their own country.

Storey - Scripted event to become Crimea?? When does that happen? With the change of Khan the Horde was booted from the alliance due to pressure from Sa'adat and left the war too. Short update on the way to show you some of the other effects ;)

2-header.jpg
Ulugh II's Reign : Part 2

Sa'adat was furious. This was illegal, unjust, unholy and downright treacherous. The throne of the Golden Horde was his by rights and no lousy Tatar was going to tell him otherwise. This offense could not go unpunished, it would not go unpunished.

Sa'adat left at top speed for Istanbul, he took with him only a small entourage speed and stealth were of utmost importance. Though he arrived unannounced he was able to get a meeting with Suleyman immediately.

Sa'adat spoke quickly and to the point. His birthright had been stolen he claimed. Such an offense was unforgivable and warranted only one course of action, war. Suleyman was uneasy with the thought of conflict with the Horde. They had long been good friends to turn on them now would seem treasonous. But as bad as fighting a friend would be he had his own interests to think of. He did not appreciate the example the coup had set. His own empire consisted of many factions who would take the throne if at all possible, a tough stance now might sway any from taking a similar course of action.

Suleyman consulted with his advisors weighing up the pros and cons of each decision for sometime. All the while Sa'adat constantly pressured him to take decisive action.

In the end Sa'adat won out. Suleyman supported war. In January of 1530 Crimea declared war on the Golden Horde. They were backed by the Ottomans, Shirvan and Sibir, the remnants of the Holy Golden Alliance had turned on their former leader.

201-holygoldenalliance.jpg
The Holy Golden Alliance in tatters​

Lord Skane - I agree completely :)

jwolf - They can grow now but I'll take em down later, something tells me Ulugh may be less tolerant of Russians than previous Khans. It actually fun doing this game and trying to keep a story going, a lot more interesting than simply conquering all. About the war though, the Horde is nearly on land tech 4 while the OE is nearly on 11 :(

Last edited: