• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Grundius - I haven't looked at the monarch file but I have a feeling its gonna go like this for a long time. Barely any monarchs lasting for a reasonable length of time. I guess stability represents it in this game and I think I'm gonna be dreaming not of +3 stability but -1 so far its only got above -3 that once.

hurricanehunter - I hope to live longer than that but I'll think i'll be happy to get that far once the revolts hit.

It would be nice if Theodoros took Kerch from Genoa, but isn't that about as unlikely as the Horde doing so? Perhaps instead Genoa will annex Theodoros, giving you the opportunity of capturing two of their two provinces without taking to the seas. Getting your hands on that CoT must surely be one of the keys to the Horde's survival.

Farquharson said:
Getting your hands on that CoT must surely be one of the keys to the Horde's survival.

But the question is: is it worth all the trouble? As soon as Constantinople falls the CoT will move to Thrace. And orthodox greek provinces are not the best cure for -3 stab anyway.
If you want some foreigners in your Horde, with own food, language and stores, you should go for the Armenians... .

Farquharson - It is unlikely that they take it. They've captured it now but I expect this will be one of those neverending wars :(

The Suebian
- Its true that the events will remove the CoT but remember I'm trying to play like a Khan of the time who has only no knowledge of that. But the Hordes non-existent navy needed to reach Genoa will probably see to it that it never falls into mongol hands anyway. There really should be events that grant control of the province to an attacker like the Horde or Crimea.

EvilSanta - Would be nice to see but my skill level as a player will probably mean even survival is good

Duke of Wellington said:
Mid 1421 was a good time for the Horde. Stability improved, Lugansk converted much quicker and with less resistance than expected

By late 1424 knowledge of tax collectors was acquired and the first was promoted in Ufa to take advantage of the gold. Dawlat also directed money to attempting to convert Tambow.

I'm surprised you have enough money to attempt conversions. Do you remember how much it's costing you? A solid start to the game, good luck.

Joe

Storey said:
I'm surprised you have enough money to attempt conversions. Do you remember how much it's costing you? A solid start to the game, good luck.

Joe

I was lucky enough to get a 225 ducat gift to the state but also the low populations of the targeted provinces meant the costs were only at max 40 ducats too good to pass up.

Duke of Wellington said:
... but also the low populations of the targeted provinces meant the costs were only at max 40 ducats too good to pass up.

:eek:!!! How can the costs be that low, even with a super admin monarch, which I presume the GH isn't even close to having?! Does AGCEEP make the populations so low they are like colonies for this purpose? I'll try to convert anything if it only costs 40 ducats!

PS -- I hope for your own sake that you are wrong about Dawlat being the golden age. But knowing the GH, you could be right! Good luck in any case.

jwolf said:
:eek:!!! How can the costs be that low, even with a super admin monarch, which I presume the GH isn't even close to having?! Does AGCEEP make the populations so low they are like colonies for this purpose? I'll try to convert anything if it only costs 40 ducats!

PS -- I hope for your own sake that you are wrong about Dawlat being the golden age. But knowing the GH, you could be right! Good luck in any case.

I too was amazed at the low costs but the populations are only around 2000. I can't recall exact costs but 38 seems familiar I know they were this low though because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford 3 of them. I'll check later on the prices if possible.

Heres a summary of some of the costs of converting the provinces.
17-convcosts.jpg

Last edited:
2-header.jpg

Baraq's Reign

Dawlat had fallen because he had failed to properly respect the army. Baraq knew better than to repeat the mistakes especially when he owed his position to the army. He set about keeping the army happy by increasing pay and dedicating funding to improving their weaponry and training.
18-baraqseizespower.jpg
Fearful that this may not be enough he dispatched his trustworthy general Bawlakkuk to take over operations in Abkhazia.
Note the ongoing war between Genoa and Theodoros

In March of 1425 a conference was held between representatives of the Horde, Shirvan and Abkhazia. Sibir had refused to enter the war and therefore were not present. Abkhazia wanted peace with her enemies on the condition she give 168 ducats to split between the victors. Though tempting Shirvan's representatives convinced Baraq to put forth his own offer. Abkhazia pay 150 ducats but only receive peace with the Horde. Abkhazia's representatives flatly rejected the proposal until Baraq pointed out that accepting also meant they kept their heads. Upon this suggestion their tune changed.

After the success of the tax collector in Ufa, Baraq decided to spend the extra money on three more in other provinces.

Meanwhile Shirvan marched her armies through the Hordes terrritory and laid siege to the still devastated Abkhazia.
20-shirvan.jpg
Within a couple of months the city of Sukhumi had fallen to Muslim hands again. This time there would be no compromise Abkhazia became a part of Shirvan.

Eyes in Muscowy had anxiously watched the devastation of Abkhazia and wisely decided to pay up 40 ducats in tribute rather than face the Hordes fury.

Peace reigned over the Black Sea when Theodoros and Genoa decided to end their conflict with gold not land changing hands
22-theodorospeace.jpg
But not for long, encouraged by their success against Abkhazia, Shirvan's generals declared war on Georgia and asked for the Hordes help.
21-shirvangeorgiawar.jpg
The Horde joined the war but decided rather than actively fighting they would stay on the defensive protecting home territory and also Shirvan should it be invaded.

At the same time advisors declared the recently converted province of Lugansk needed to have a mosque constructed. The cost was steep beyond the hordes current funds so a loan was taken. Thanks to the new construction to Allah stability increased to the highest level since civil war ended in 1418
23-highstab.jpg

War against Georgia was quiet neither Shivan or Georgian armies engaged each other, only a siege was begun in the province of Georgia by armies of Shirvan.
25-warincaucasus.jpg

In September of 1426 Baraq's spies told him of a Genoese troop build up in Kerch. However he dismissed it as nothing more than defences against a another Theodoran attack.
26-genoascrimean.jpg
But the next month he was proven wrong (several spies paid for the mistake with their heads) Genoa declared war on Shirvan. While the Horde debated whether to join the war a insult was sent to Baraq personally signed by the Genoese ruler. This was intolerable, a declaration of war was sent back of course accompanied by the Genoese messengers head.

Dawlat Berdi had failed to properly finish Ulugh Muhammed and Baraq was about to pay dearly for this mistake. Playing on nationalist sentiments Ulugh stirred rebellion in Azow and Crimea and whilst the Hordes army was occupied he struck at the capital unopposed and even welcomed back as the rightful Khan. Baraq's paranoia about the army was proved right as he marched back to Volgograd, when his reign ended unceremoniously with a scimitar in his back and his body was dumped beside a cold steppe road to be consigned to the vultures.
soldier.png

Last edited:
Ah well, nice to have a familiar face back on the throne, eh? It's certainly never a dull moment for the Horde - only 1426 and onto your fourth reign! I wonder if the army will be able to achieve anything against Genoa - a spot of looting in Kerch, capture the province then grab some cash for peace?

Too bad you don't have a navy to strike at Genoa's homeland. Can't you build a fleet of galley's in Azov or Ufa (whichever one has a port) ?

jwolf - True the civil wars will never really end but I like to think of this as a stable period in the Hordes time :) :(

Farquharson - It is nice to have a familiar face on the throne. Can;t recall the stats exactly but they're not too bad for any monarch :eek: and when he comes to power an event gives +2 to his rating for 2 years.

Grundius - Financially I'm having a hard enough time building an army to really comtemplate a navy. Let alone one large enough to defeat Genoa's usually large navy that likes to patrol the Ligurian Sea :(

hurricanehunter - I'd sadly have to agree with you :(