• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like to see all other countries suffer, They all are my enemies anyway, Even more if they are Muslims or Ortodox, never liked does :D :rofl:

Well, I guess I should get on the "watch for Sweden" bandwagon. Were it me, I might have decided for some of the provinces to the south by Lithuania and let Sweden continue to irritate Muscovy in the north, but either way, you will still have hostiles next door. Nice work gaining the Turks as allies.

2-header.jpg
Murtada's Reign : Part 2
Volgograd, January 1489
Bayezid cheered along with the rest of his entourage as the riders finished their display. The Sultan of the Ottoman Empire had just been treated to a show of prowess by some of the Horde's top horsemen. There had been displaying of award winning horseback archery and acrobatics. Even a traditional game of Buzkashi by the NBL™ (National Buzkashi League). A game in which riders throw about and wrestle over a goat carcass on horseback to try and be the one to carry it into the winning circle the most times.
128-buzkashi.jpg

A pleasant game of buzkashi, not a popular game for refs or goats
The festivites continued late into the night with all especially Bayezid and Murtada in high spirits.

Late the next day after plenty of water the serious business of diplomacy began. The Khan and the Sultan had recently created one of the most powerful alliances in the world and they met now to discuss its first actions.
122-holygoldenalliance.jpg
The Holy Golden Alliance is outlined​

Bayezid was impatient and eager. He wanted to expand now at the expense of Hungary. Murtada knew better. An attack on Hungary would draw in her liege Poland and also Lithuania. The Horde did not wish to fight them just yet, some peace was desired for a few years to rebuild from past wars.

As an alternative Murtada proposed expanding first at the expense of smaller neighbours before taknig on the bigger ones. After some time Bayezid too was persuaded to this view.

Another night of even more merriment followed (and of course another day of headaches and darkened rooms followed that)
129-partying.jpg
The Sultan and the Khan did party like twas 1499​
131-band.jpg
All the while they rocked out to Khan's personal brass band the Rolling Heads, a lively bunch of chaps​

After recovering the Sultan departed for Istanbul happy about the strength of the two nations and confident they would remain on good terms. They would be equal partners in this alliance any expansionist move would have to be discussed with the other. Bayezid hoped they would discuss much.
130-ally.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, That puny Austria could be annexed if you take it! So no big blob disturbing the smaller countries which you later on can take more easly. :rofl:

Lord Skane said:
Hey, That puny Austria could be annexed if you take it! So no big blob disturbing the smaller countries which you later on can take more easly. :rofl:
I suspect Hungary may take care of them soon enough, it happens in a lot of my games. Perhaps my PC has something against the Habsburgs

Duke of Wellington said:
I suspect Hungary may take care of them soon enough, it happens in a lot of my games. Perhaps my PC has something against the Habsburgs

Austria is a little too vulnerable in the AGCEEP imho, because they have to wait to inherit Tyrol and Styria. In my games I also often see Austria itself die, although usually Tyrol then becomes Austria and becomes the blob anyway. Still, Styria and Tyrol are themselves minors that are very vulnerable as well.

The NBL... :rofl: Good stuff. Seems like you might try to get down the Siberian corridor if you can get some colonists and a conquistador.