• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
billy bob - An excellent sentiment you have.

Amric - The council needs its heads rolled but it may well be someone elses.

Anarion - A turn to mercy is no doubt a turn for the worse.

nette001 - :D Haha I imagine that is quite likely.

demokratickid - Well said.

Chief Ragusa - A change too far indeed. But can it still be brought around and returned to normality?

Falastur - Miracle -Gwo eh? Never heard of it but sounds like good stuff ;)

GhostWriter - Time to sharpen? Quite right. For the Horde any time that the swords have grown dull is surely a bad time.

top.jpg
Ulugh V : Part 6
Following the defeat and mediocre peace with the Sicilian revolters a new word was entered into the Official Tatar Dictionary, mercy - meaning to fail miserably at asserting ones will. It quickly became a popular word throughout the Horde thanks to a catchy slogan, No Mercy, No Council. The slogan too went on to achieve great popularity at the head of a Monarchist movement that began in the Horde heartland following the end of the war with Sicily.
857-revolts.gif

858-revolts.png

Demanding the dissolution of the council and return of absolute power to Ulugh the people revolt.

It began in the same way as any revolt. A disorganised bunch of peasants and soldiers led by a disgruntled lord marching on the cities. It was expected to end in the usual way too. A bunch of dismembered and beheaded peasants and a hung, drawn and quartered lord after a quick dealing to by the army. But things took an astonishing turn when the cities opened their gates and welcomed the rebels. It was a move that took the Horde Council in Astrakhan completely by surprise. Before their armies could even begin to march into the rebellious regions they had a severe problem on their hands.
859-monarchists.png

Declaring themselves independent of the Council and nominally under the rule of Ulugh V the Monarchists break away from the Golden Horde. The soldiers made the wise move to exchange their pitchforks for guns.

Last edited:
So instead of revolutionary France, we have revolutionary Golden Horde. Although it's questionable if this means more or less beheadings on the part of Golden Horde, as beheadings were so commonplace in the first place, that most children don't be bothered asking for footballs since they could get an similar object from the stack next to the executioners block.

hahaha. This just serves as a reminder that we should never doubt Duke's ability to fragment his own Empire :p But the question is - does the Khan have the time to weunite his birthright?

GrimPagan - There is some similarities. Certainly beheadings ought to be similar but fortunately this revolution isn't spoiled by anything so silly as enlightened thinking and individual rights.

Falastur - He should have enough time. He's pretty young and the game doesn't have to end in 1820.

Duke of Wellington said:
There is some similarities. Certainly beheadings ought to be similar but fortunately this revolution isn't spoiled by anything so silly as enlightened thinking and individual rights.

So no Guyu(p)lotine then.... But indeed, why would one use an oversized cigar cutter if you have all those diplomatic instruments at hand?

Now, even the monarchists have to rebel. The Council just makes one mistake after another. The Council is not expanding the zone of the Horde, now is it? I wonder if this Council will experiencethe same fate as its predecessor and undergo a steady reduction, by natural causes, from 10 to 1?

Duke of Wellington: ...Demanding the dissolution of the council and return of absolute power to Ulugh the people revolt.

wise choice, i think ! ! :rolleyes:

Duke of Wellington:
...Before their armies could even begin to march into the rebellious regions they had a severe problem on their hands.

:eek:

Duke of Wellington: ...The (rebel) soldiers made the wise move to exchange their pitchforks for guns.

hmmm. not looking good for the council ! ! ;)

excellent updates ! !
:cool:

YEAH! Viva La Monarchists.

I hereby volunteer for the Monarchist Army in whatever capacity leads to beheading(everything except pooper scooper).

Falastur - Well the mod is on already but it will come to a logical end.

nette001 - Quite right, the guillotine is for the weak.

Chief Ragusa - In time such things are likely. But it may be swifter than that.

demokratickid - Hope you like it.

Lord Skane - Thanks :D

GhostWriter - Thank you. It does indeed look bad for the council.

billy bob - Beheadings you want? I'm sure there are many roles in the Monarchist army that could help you do that.

top.jpg
Ulugh V : Part 7
Following the break away of the Monarchists the Horde Council was divided into three camps, as usual, on how best to deal with the threat. The Imams wished to pray for divine intervention and see Allah smite down the enemy. The diplomats were in favour of not recognising the new country officially and hoping it would go away. An out of sight out of mind approach. Only the generals decided to put their faith in something firm. Cold, hard, unforgiving steel.

It was just as well for the Monarchist army was soon bearing down upon the capital.
860-attack.png

The Monarchists attack

Within a week the Monarchists army was closing on the walls of Astrakhan. The outnumbered army of the Horde Council broke camp and headed to meet them. They could only hope that reinforcements would arrive in time.
861-reinforce.png

862-reinforce2.png

Reinforcements from all over the Golden Horde make their way urgently to the capital

863-initial.gif

The two armies meet on the banks of the Volga. Horde Council units are in red whilst the Monarchists are blue. Infantry are solid, cavalry striped and artillery checkered

Duke of Wellington said:
Falastur - Well the mod is on already but it will come to a logical end.

Does that mean we will soon be coming to the end of this RP? :( Hopefully there's a few updates still left in it. It's been a good ride while it lasted, though.

Duke of Wellington: ...It was just as well for the Monarchist army was soon bearing down upon the capital.

them boys have my vote to win ! ! :D

Duke of Wellington:
...The outnumbered army of the Horde Council broke camp and headed to meet them. They could only hope that reinforcements would arrive in time.

they need reinforcements ? ? :rolleyes:

Duke of Wellington:
...The two armies meet on the banks of the Volga. Horde Council units are in red whilst the Monarchists are blue. Infantry are solid, cavalry striped and artillery checkered

hmmm. the Monarchists have about a two to one advantage. even though i prefer that the Monarchists win, i suspect that this battle (without Horde Council reinforcements) will go to the Horde Council... :eek:

awesome update ! ! nice map ! ! :cool:

Wari Bana - It would be wise to keep them protected lest they fall to a famous Horde cavalry charge. But this is just the start of the battle.

Snake IV - Truth? I don't follow. The Golden Horde and the Khan has no need of such a thing. It would only serve to throw the nation into chaos.

Mettermrck - Nice to see you back. Actually if the Monarchists win its a return to normal.

Falastur - It will be coming to an end. Not too soon but I certainly won't be dragging this out to the year 2000.

GhostWriter - Backing the Horde Council eh? Better hope those reinforcements arrive soon.