• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
SirruShan said:
You spelt it wrong! Or are you just showing some sympathy? But uzbeks, despite all that has happened, should always be treated as a lower race!

Can anybody actually remember when this hate for uzbeks started? It seems so long ago...
Duke of Wellington said:
Uzbeks began to be viewed with slightly more sympathy by the average Hordesman.
I think he was quite clear: there's now slightly more sympathy towards Uzbeks throughout the Horde's people :).

top.jpg
Tokhtamysh II : Part 1
Güyük was succeeded to the throne by his nephew Qazanli. On ascension he took the title of Tamerlane's great Golden Horde opponent, Tokhtamysh. His coronation would have been a big occasion but it was thoroughly overshadowed by the legacy left by Güyük.

In Moscow, the elite diplomatic squad convinced Jebe III, through a combination of their silver tongues and iron guns to a round on international trade talks. He was offered a sensible deal. Abdicate from the throne in favour of the Khan of the Golden Horde or have his head be 'abdicated' from his shoulders. To sweeten the deal he was offered an estate in a sunny spot of the shores of the Caspian should he accept the former. Needless to say Jebe was swift to be convinced of the mutual benefits from accepting.

793-events.gif

796-again.gif

Together again

794-revolts.gif

But not all is rosy

robbers_grave_400x300.jpg

Jebe moves into his estate

I don't see any part of the Caspian Sea in the picture of Jebe's estate? Don't say you broke your word! The usual round of revolt followed the re-union. It's so sad to see so many brave men who could have assisted in the expansion of the Horde dying like that. There are still a few provinces to be re-acquired and the recovery of the long fabled Mongolian homeland. Then there's the matter of the other country purporting to be Golden. There can be only one Golden Country and that's the Horde.

Will the new Khan be up to the challenge?

Last edited:
It's all coming back together after that brief respite. And isn't it nice for all those rebels to come out and greet their former masters. A vast homecoming dance, surely. ;)

793-events.gif

Whew. I was getting nervous that since discovering America, the citizens had become lazy. I mean, how long had it been since an actual revolt? But all is well again. :cool:

Ah, the good old ways. Rebellions left, right and center. Monarchs with the life expectancy of a mayfly. And, of course, luxurious Horde estates.

The diplomatic squad also appears to be functioning in the Horde style...

Is it technically a horde at this point? Seems more like a Waaagh!

:D That Is A beautiful sight...The Mongol Empire survived....since of one tribe took of the mantle of the new Ghengis!

Simply Glorious and of course its a HORDE one BIG HORDE! Yah! :cool:

YAY! Revolts are everywhere. Now plenty of people can receive natural deaths. Oh and reunification is fun too, I guess.

Duke of Wellington: ...In Moscow, the elite diplomatic squad convinced Jebe III...Jebe moves into his estate

sunny it was ! ! :eek:

excellent update ! !
:cool:

Chief Ragusa - The word certainly was not broken. He had fine views of the Caspian Sea.

coz1 - That it surely will be. This is the best of the Horde territories that formerly had independence.

Mettermrck - As do I.

nette001 - It sure does. But quiet times may well be over.

Amob_m_s - I'm glad you approve.

SirruShan - A return to the ways of old is welcome.

demokratickid - I'm happy about it too.

GrimPagan - Is that a good waaagh?

Lord Skane - Being able to put BIG in front of Horde is definitely a bonus.

billy bob - I'm not sure which is more satisfying, killing rebels or reunification.

GhostWriter - Sunny and fertile. Thanks.

top.jpg
Tokhtamysh II : Part 2
So far the fuss about the reabsorbtion of the Russian Khanate back into the area controlled from Astrakhan had more or less overshadowed the ascension of Tokhtamysh II. This wasn't due entirely to the importance of the events but also as much due to the rather unremarkable nature of the Khan himself.
797-toktamysh.gif

Not much to say really

Fortunately the army, much rehearsed in the art of cutting rebels to pieces, was soon able to deal with the upstarts of the newly reacquired lands. Though the brief existence of the rebels proved costly as they ravaged the Russian plains.
798-chaos.gif

Short lived but much damaging. Damned rebels.

Tokhtamysh soon proved his superior administrative skills. For years the Golden Horde had been confused by many with the colour thieves of Spain due to their similar colours on maps. In an effort to stop this and claim gold once again as a mark of greatness the new Khan proclaimed that from now on Spain would be painted purple only.
799-before.gif

Spain A.K.A colour thieves before Tokhtamysh's law

800-after.gif

The much improved map after the law change

Though the colour change was welcomed by all with much relief, there was a matter considered more pressing by most. That was the need for war. For too long Christian Europe had felt secure against the threat of conquest. It was something that needed urgent attention. In particular Austria presented itself as a ripe and tempting target. This alone though no longer constituted a just cause for war (why the heirs of Genghis should be bound by what was just remained beyond Tokhtamysh). Neither Austria nor her ally Spain were providing any reason at all for the Horde to rampage across their lands. It was frustrating for the Khan who longed to try out his armies.

Then at long last came news from the west.
801-nottolerated.gif
This was something that could not be tolerated. The oppression of minor European nations was a matter dear to Tokhtamysh's heart. Dear whenever, such aggression provided a cause for war that is. So at last the appropriate messages were despatched for Madrid and the armies began to prepare for war.

Well, the definition of a Waaagh is a cross between a mass migration, holy war, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure. It would seem that the Golden Horde should be a honourary Waaagh, even if they are not orcs.

I am sure the Horde could come up with a good many reasons like that to gain a CB:

"What...you mean you use a spoon when you eat? To War!!" :D

I'll have you know that purple is the colout of the byzantines and as such it's usurpation by the Spaniards is just cause in of itself. Lightthe torches of enlightenment and bring chastisment upon them. Err, you can reach Spain, can't you?